Marble cake is a classic dessert that combines the flavors of vanilla and chocolate in a beautiful marbled pattern. With its soft and tender crumb and rich, buttery flavor, it’s no wonder why marble cake is a beloved dessert around the world. Jamie Oliver, a popular celebrity chef, has his own take on this timeless recipe that is sure to impress. In this article, we’ll explore Jamie Oliver’s marble cake recipe and provide tips for making it at home.
More Recipes From us:
💓 Why You’ll Love This Marble Cake Recipe Jamie Oliver
Here are some reasons why you’ll love Jamie Oliver’s marble cake recipe:
- Perfect balance of vanilla and chocolate flavors
- Moist and tender crumb
- Beautiful marbled pattern
- Easy to make with simple ingredients
- Versatile dessert for any occasion
- Delicious served on its own or with a cup of tea or coffee.
What Is Marble Cake Jamie Oliver Recipe?
Jamie Oliver’s Marble Cake recipe is a simple and easy to make cake that is sure to be a hit with the whole family. The recipe involves combining a basic vanilla cake batter with a chocolate cake batter and then swirling the two together to create the marbled effect. You will need butter, sugar, eggs, self-raising flour, baking powder, vanilla extract, and cocoa powder. You will also need to preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) before starting.
- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- 250g caster sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp whole milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
🔪How To Make Marble Cake Recipe Jamie Oliver
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4. Grease and line a 23cm x 13cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, making sure each egg is fully incorporated before adding the next.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl and fold it in gently.
- Add the milk and mix until the batter is smooth and creamy.
- Divide the batter in half, and add the cocoa powder to one half and mix well.
- Add the vanilla extract to the other half of the batter and mix well.
- Spoon the vanilla and chocolate batters alternately into the prepared tin, and swirl the mixture with a knife to create a marbled effect.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Here are some tips to help you make the best marble cake using Jamie Oliver’s recipe:
- Make sure your butter is softened before you start. This will make it easier to cream with the sugar and create a light and fluffy mixture.
- When adding the eggs, make sure they are at room temperature. This will help them incorporate better into the batter and create a smoother texture.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together before adding them to the batter. This will help remove any lumps and ensure an even distribution of ingredients.
- Be careful not to overmix the batter once the flour is added. Overmixing can create a tough cake.
- To create a beautiful marbled effect, alternate spoonfuls of the vanilla and chocolate batters into the tin and use a knife to swirl the mixture gently.
- Do not open the oven door during the first 30 minutes of baking, as this can cause the cake to collapse.
- Once the cake is done, let it cool in the tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. This will prevent the cake from sticking to the tin and ensure it cools evenly.
- You can add some chopped nuts or chocolate chips to the batter for extra flavor and texture.
🍴 What To Serve With Marble Cake?
Marble cake is a classic dessert that can be served on its own or with a variety of accompaniments. Here are some ideas for serving marble cake:
- Whipped cream: A dollop of whipped cream on top of a slice of marble cake is a simple and delicious way to enjoy this dessert.
- Fresh fruit: Sliced strawberries, raspberries, or other fresh fruits can be served alongside marble cake for a refreshing contrast.
- Chocolate sauce: Drizzle a little bit of chocolate sauce on top of a slice of marble cake for an extra dose of chocolate flavor.
- Ice cream: A scoop of vanilla or chocolate ice cream served alongside marble cake is a classic combination that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Coffee: Marble cake pairs well with a hot cup of coffee or tea for a satisfying afternoon snack.
- Milk: For a classic pairing, serve a glass of cold milk alongside a slice of marble cake.
🥶 How To Store Leftovers
Proper storage is important to keep the marble cake fresh and moist. Here are some ways to store leftovers of marble cake:
🌡️ How To Reheat Leftovers
Marble cake is best served at room temperature, but if you have leftovers that need to be reheated, here are some ways to do it:
- Microwave: To reheat a slice of marble cake quickly, you can microwave it for 10-15 seconds on high heat. Be careful not to overheat it, as the cake can become dry and tough.
- Oven: If you have several slices of marble cake to reheat, you can use the oven. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and wrap the cake slices in foil. Place the wrapped slices on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the cake is warm.
- Steaming: Another way to reheat marble cake is to steam it. Fill a pot with water and bring it to a boil. Place the cake slices in a heatproof container and place the container over the pot of boiling water. Cover the container with a lid and steam the cake for 5-10 minutes, or until it is warm.
No matter which method you choose, be sure to keep an eye on the cake as it heats up to prevent it from becoming dry or overcooked.
What makes marble cake different from regular cake?
Marble cake differs from regular cake because of the way the two batters are combined. Rather than layering the different batters on top of each other, they are swirled together to create a marbled effect.
How do I make sure the marble effect is visible in my cake?
To ensure the marble effect is visible in your cake, be sure to pour the two batters into the cake pan in a random pattern, rather than layering them on top of each other. Use a knife or spatula to gently swirl the batters together, being careful not to overmix.
Can I use different flavors besides chocolate and vanilla for my marble cake?
Absolutely! While chocolate and vanilla are the most common flavors used in marble cake, you can use any combination of flavors you like. Some popular alternatives include lemon and blueberry, orange and chocolate, or coffee and vanilla.
Can I make marble cake ahead of time?
Yes, you can make marble cake ahead of time. Simply bake the cake as directed, then let it cool completely before wrapping it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and storing it in the refrigerator or freezer.
How do I know when my marble cake is done baking?
To check if your marble cake is done baking, insert a toothpick or cake tester into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is done. If there is still batter on the toothpick, the cake needs to bake for a few more minutes.
Try More Recipes:
Marble Cake Recipe Jamie Oliver Nutrition Fact
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 239
- Total Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 58mg
- Sodium: 248mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 33g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 18g
- Protein: 4g