Macaroni Grill’s recipe for mac and cheese is the perfect way to satisfy your cheese cravings. The macaroni and cheese we serve is a traditional version topped with three different kinds of cheese and a buttery crumb topping. You can expect your taste buds to be tantalized with every bite. You may use it as a side dish or a main course, and your guests won’t be dissatisfied with either option.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Flavorful And Rich Creaminess. Macaroni Grill’s version of mac and cheese features a decadent cheese sauce that will please any cheese fan. A rich and savory meal is the result of combining sharp cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses.
- Easy To Make. There are few ingredients needed for this dish, and it can be made quickly. It’s great for a weeknight supper because it’s easy to prepare and fill even if you don’t have much time.
- Perfect Comfort Food. In terms of comfort cuisine, nothing beats Macaroni Grill’s take on the classic. It’s perfect for a night spent curled up on the couch because of how toasty it is.
Macaroni Grill Mac And Cheese Ingredients
- Macaroni. In this meal, this is the star. Use a short pasta, such as elbow macaroni, for the best results. Boil the macaroni until it is just al dente; it will continue cooking in the oven.
- Butter. The Mac and Cheese are made even more decadent with this addition. Use unsalted butter so you may regulate the saltiness of the final product.
- Flour. The sauce will get thicker as a result of this. If you want your sauce to have a beautiful consistency, use all-purpose flour.
- Whole Milk. The cheese sauce will be creamier with this. If you want the most taste, use whole milk.
- Grated Cheddar Cheese. In other words, this is where the cheese sauce begins. For optimal taste, use sharp cheddar cheese.
- Salt. The cheese sauce will taste even better when this has been added.
- Ground Mustard. This gives the meal a touch of subtle heat. For the greatest taste, use dry ground mustard.
- Ground Black Pepper. The meal will have a little more of a kick with this added. We recommend using freshly ground black pepper for optimal taste.
- Paprika. This enhances the meal with a pleasant smokiness. For maximum taste, use smoked paprika.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese. This enhances the meal with a nutty taste. For maximum taste, use freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Is Macaroni Grill Mac & Cheese Keto?
Due to its high carbohydrate content, Macaroni Grill’s Mac and Cheese is not suitable for those following a ketogenic diet. Macaroni noodles, butter, cream, and cheese are all high-calorie components of mac and cheese. About 60 grams of carbohydrates, including 30 grams of sugar, may be found in one serving of Macaroni Grill Mac & Cheese. Those trying to limit their carb intake should avoid it.
Due to its high-calorie contents, Macaroni Grill Mac & Cheese is not considered a healthy dish. Macaroni pasta, butter, cream, and cheese are all used in their preparation.
Is Macaroni Grill Mac And Cheese Vegan?
Due to the use of dairy products, Macaroni Grill’s signature dish is not suitable for vegans. Macaroni, butter, cream, and cheese come together to create this comfort food. It’s not vegan-friendly since it has no plant-based components and is entirely derived from animals.
How To Make Macaroni Grill Mac And Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bring salted water to a boil in a saucepan, then add the elbow macaroni. Cook the pasta al dente for approximately 8 minutes. Drain and put aside the pasta.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Whisk the flour in until smooth. Slowly and continuously whisk in the milk until the mixture is smooth and thickened.
- To the sauce, add the cheddar cheese, salt, mustard, pepper, and paprika. Stir until the cheese has melted and the sauce has reached a smooth consistency.
- Add the cooked pasta to the cheese sauce and incorporate it well with a whisk.
- Butter a 9 by 13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese on top of the macaroni and cheese before serving.
- Bake the macaroni and cheese for 25 minutes, or until the surface is golden and bubbling.
- Allow cooling for 10 min before serving. Enjoy!
What To Serve With Macaroni Grill Mac And Cheese?
- Mac And Cheese Lasagna. To make a tasty lasagna-like dish, stack cooked macaroni, creamy cheese sauce, and Italian sausage. Bake with mozzarella on top for a delicious main dish.
- Bacon And Broccoli Pasta With Cheese. If you want to make a more filling supper, try mixing in some cooked broccoli and bacon. For an additional cheesy taste, mix in some mozzarella, Monterey Jack, and cheddar.
- Skillet Mac And Cheese. Creamy macaroni and cheese may be made by cooking the pasta in butter and milk and then stirring in the cheese. You may make a quick and delicious lunch by topping the pasta with crumbled bacon, sliced tomatoes, and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Chili Mac And Cheese. The classic comfort food of mac and cheese may be made even heartier by adding chili. Add some zip with sour cream and chopped onions on top.
- Mac And Cheese Pie. Prepare a casserole dish with layers of macaroni, cheese sauce, and sausage. Bake until the cheese is melted and golden brown. Put some sour cream on the side and serve.
- In The Fridge. After making Macaroni Grill Mac And Cheese, put it in the fridge right away. A plastic container with a cover or a resealable bag is both good options for keeping air out while preserving its freshness. Consumption of the mac and cheese is recommended within 3–4 days. Also, make sure the macaroni and cheese was kept at the right temperature.
- In The Freezer. You can get the most out of your frozen Macaroni Grill Mac And Cheese by thawing it out after two months. Put the macaroni and cheese into a freezer bag or airtight container to store for later use. Before closing the container or bag, remove as much air as possible. Put the bag or container in the fridge freezer.
- To Reheat. In order to reheat Macaroni Grill Macaroni and Cheese, set the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. To bake the macaroni and cheese, cover the dish with aluminum foil. Cook for 20–25 minutes in a preheated oven, stirring occasionally until the macaroni and cheese is hot and bubbling. Add extra shredded cheese on top if you like and bake for another 5 minutes. The macaroni and cheese may also be warmed in a microwave. To reheat macaroni and cheese in the microwave, place it in a microwave-safe dish and heat it for 2 to 3 minutes on high.
Try More Recipes:
Macaroni Grill Mac And Cheese Nutrition Facts
Amount Per Serving
- Calories 510
- Total Fat 29g
- Saturated Fat 16g
- Cholesterol 96mg
- Sodium 590mg
- Potassium 184mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39g
- Dietary Fiber 2g
- Sugars 3.6g
- Protein 24g
- Vitamin A 21%
- Vitamin C 0%
- Calcium 42%
- Iron 9.3%
Nutrition Facts Source: Source
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 510
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 29g45%
- Saturated Fat 16g80%
- Cholesterol 96mg32%
- Sodium 590mg25%
- Potassium 184mg6%
- Total Carbohydrate 39g13%
- Dietary Fiber 2g8%
- Sugars 3.6g
- Protein 24g48%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.