Are you looking for a delicious and easy dessert to impress your guests? Look no further than Jamie Oliver’s Lemon Ricotta Cake. This light and fluffy cake is infused with the zesty flavor of fresh lemons and has a subtle hint of creamy ricotta cheese. It’s perfect for any occasion, from a casual afternoon tea to an elegant dinner party. Plus, with Jamie’s step-by-step instructions, you’ll have a perfect cake every time.
More Recipes From us:
💓 Why You’ll Love This Lemon Ricotta Cake Jamie Oliver
Here are a few reasons why you’ll love Jamie Oliver’s Lemon Ricotta Cake:
- The cake is light and airy: The ricotta cheese adds a lightness to the cake, making it fluffy and moist.
- It’s easy to make: Jamie’s recipe is straightforward and easy to follow, even for beginner bakers.
- The lemon flavor is refreshing: The combination of fresh lemon juice and zest gives the cake a bright, tangy flavor that’s perfect for any time of year.
- It’s a versatile dessert: This cake can be served as a casual dessert or dressed up for a more formal occasion.
- It’s a crowd-pleaser: Lemon Ricotta Cake is a favorite of many people, and your guests are sure to love this version from Jamie Oliver.
What Is Lemon Ricotta Cake Jamie Oliver Recipe?
Lemon Ricotta Cake Jamie Oliver is a delicious dessert that features a light and fluffy cake made with ricotta cheese, lemon zest, and lemon juice. The cake is moist, flavorful, and perfect for any occasion. The recipe typically includes ingredients such as all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, unsalted butter, granulated sugar, eggs, ricotta cheese, lemon zest, and lemon juice. The cake is often topped with a simple lemon glaze made from powdered sugar and lemon juice, which adds a tangy sweetness to the cake. It’s a perfect dessert for any lemon lover or anyone looking for a light and refreshing cake.
- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- 250g caster sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 250g ricotta cheese
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 100g icing sugar
🔪How To Make Lemon Ricotta Cake Jamie Oliver
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4. Grease a 20cm round cake tin and line with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract and lemon zest.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and fold until just combined. Gently stir in the ricotta cheese.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, mix together the lemon juice and icing sugar in a small bowl to make the glaze.
- When the cake is done, remove it from the oven and let it cool in the tin for 10 minutes. Then, remove the cake from the tin and transfer it to a wire rack.
- While the cake is still warm, use a skewer to poke holes all over the top of the cake. Pour the lemon glaze over the cake, letting it soak in.
- Once the cake has cooled completely, slice and serve.
Here are some recipe tips for making Lemon Ricotta Cake Jamie Oliver:
- Use fresh ingredients: Make sure to use fresh ingredients, especially the lemons, as they are the star of the recipe.
- Room temperature ingredients: Make sure that all the ingredients are at room temperature before mixing them. This will ensure that they combine evenly.
- Don’t overmix: Once you add the flour to the batter, mix it just until it is combined. Overmixing can result in a tough cake.
- Use a springform pan: Use a springform pan for easy removal of the cake from the pan.
- Use parchment paper: Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper to prevent the cake from sticking.
- Don’t overbake: Check the cake for doneness after 35-40 minutes. Overbaking can result in a dry cake.
- Let the cake cool before slicing: Allow the cake to cool completely before slicing to prevent it from falling apart.
- Dust with powdered sugar: Dust the cake with powdered sugar just before serving for an extra touch of sweetness and presentation.
🍴 What To Serve With Lemon Ricotta Cake?
Lemon Ricotta Cake is a sweet and tangy dessert that pairs well with a variety of accompaniments. Here are some ideas for what to serve with Lemon Ricotta Cake:
- Whipped Cream: A dollop of whipped cream on top of a slice of Lemon Ricotta Cake is a classic pairing that adds extra richness to the dessert.
- Fresh Berries: Adding fresh berries like strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries on top of the cake is a delicious and healthy way to balance the sweetness of the cake.
- Lemon Curd: Serving Lemon Ricotta Cake with a dollop of tangy lemon curd is a great way to enhance the lemon flavor of the cake.
- Vanilla Ice Cream: A scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of a warm slice of Lemon Ricotta Cake is a decadent treat that adds extra creaminess and sweetness to the dessert.
- Candied Lemon Peel: Garnishing the cake with candied lemon peel is a nice touch that adds texture and a burst of citrus flavor.
- Fresh Mint: Adding a few fresh mint leaves on top of the cake adds a refreshing herbaceous note to the dessert.
🥶 How To Store Leftovers
If you have leftover Lemon Ricotta Cake, you can store it in different ways depending on how long you want to keep it:
🌡️ How To Reheat Leftovers
When it comes to reheating lemon ricotta cake, the goal is to warm it up without drying it out. Here are some methods you can try:
- Microwave: Place a slice of cake on a microwave-safe plate and heat it in the microwave on low power for 10-15 seconds. Check the cake and repeat if needed.
- Oven: Preheat your oven to 325°F (165°C) and wrap the cake tightly in aluminum foil. Place the wrapped cake in the oven for about 10-15 minutes, or until it’s warmed through.
- Toaster oven: Preheat your toaster oven to 325°F (165°C) and place the slice of cake on a baking sheet. Warm the cake for about 10-15 minutes, or until it’s warmed through.
Regardless of which method you use, avoid overheating the cake or leaving it in the heat for too long, as this can cause the cake to become dry and lose its texture. Also, keep in mind that the cake may not be as moist and fluffy as it was when it was freshly baked.
How can Lemon Ricotta Cake be served warm?
To serve Lemon Ricotta Cake warm, simply remove it from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes. You can then warm it in a preheated 350°F oven for 7 to 10 minutes before serving.
What is the texture of Lemon Ricotta Cake?
Lemon Ricotta Cake has a light and tender texture. It is moist and fluffy, with the ricotta cheese helping to keep it moist and give it a creamy, slightly tangy flavor.
How Long To Bake Lemon Ricotta Cake?
This particular recipe for lemon ricotta cake calls for baking the cake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
What Is Best Temp To Cook Lemon Ricotta Cake?
The best temperature to cook Lemon Ricotta Cake may vary depending on the recipe and the oven you are using. However, a common temperature range is between 325°F to 350°F (160°C to 175°C). It’s important to preheat the oven before baking to ensure even cooking. It’s also a good idea to use an oven thermometer to verify that the temperature is accurate. The baking time can also vary based on the recipe and oven, so it’s best to follow the instructions provided in the recipe closely and check the cake with a toothpick or cake tester to ensure it’s fully cooked before removing it from the oven.
Are there any variations of Lemon Ricotta Cake?
Yes, there are numerous variations of Lemon Ricotta Cake. Some of the most popular variations include adding fresh fruit such as blueberries or raspberries, or substituting different types of citrus zest such as orange or lime. Other variations can be made by adding spices such as cinnamon or nutmeg, or adding nuts or chocolate chips.
Try More Recipes:
- Jamie Oliver Red Pepper Soup
- Jamie Oliver Pumpkin Soup With Chickpea
- Jamie Oliver Pumpkin Chestnut Soup
Lemon Ricotta Cake Jamie Oliver Nutrition Fact
Serving size: 1 slice (90g)
- Calories: 310
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 160mg
- Carbohydrate: 44g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 23g
- Protein: 6g