Recipe for Joanna Gaines’s Ultimate Homemade Pumpkin Pie. Either fresh or canned pumpkin puree can be used to make this dish. This is a great pie to prepare ahead of time and store in the fridge or freezer. In all my years of celebrating Thanksgiving, I’ve never had a pie recipe as simple or tasty.
Try More Recipes From us:
Why You’ll Love This Joanna Gaines Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- To ensure you have the greatest possible outcome with this Pumpkin Pie recipe, we will be discussing every step in detail.
- If you want to make it ahead of time, we’ll show you the best way to do it, too, so stay tuned.
- The proportions of the spices used in this pumpkin pie spice recipe can be found there.
What Is Pumpkin Pie?
Dessert pies with a pumpkin custard filling are known as pumpkin pies. Traditionally served throughout the fall and early winter months, pumpkin pie is a delicious and comforting treat that is also a symbol of the harvest season when it was first created.
Joanna Gaines Pumpkin Pie Recipe Ingredients
- Pie crust (store-bought or homemade)
- Can pumpkin puree
- Heavy whipping cream
- Granulated sugar
- Packed light brown sugar
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Vanilla extract
- Large eggs
- Large egg yolk
- Butter, very soft
- Heavy whipping cream
- Powdered sugar
- Pecan flavored liquor
How To Make Joanna Gaines Pumpkin Pie?
- The crust can be made by rolling out the pie dough on a lightly floured board into a 13-inch circle. Make sure the pie dish you use is at least 1 1/2 inches deep before adding the crust.
- Trim the crust so it meets the rim of the pie dish and crimp the edges. After fork-pricking the crust thoroughly, chill it in the fridge for 60 minutes (or the freezer for 30 minutes).
- Turn on the oven to 400 degrees. Baking weights or dried beans should be used to fill the crust after it has been lined with parchment paper.
- Put the pie crust in the oven for 13 to 15 minutes, or until it is dry and golden brown around the edges. When you take the crust out of the oven, be sure to carefully take out the pie weights and parchment paper. (In a basin, cool the pie weights while you prepare the pie.) It’s time to put the crust back in the oven for another 4 to 6 minutes, or until the bottom is dry.
- Whisk together the pumpkin, cream, and sugars until smooth. Spices for pumpkin pie, vanilla, eggs, and egg yolk should be mixed together.
- Fill the pie crust with the pie filling and set it on a baking sheet. If you want your cake to be firm around the edges and slightly jiggly in the middle, bake it for 50 to 55 minutes. Rest on a wire rack to cool completely. Store in the fridge, or whip up some cream and serve right away.
- The butter for the butter-pecan whipped cream is beaten in a big basin with a whisk attachment of an electric mixer.
- Add the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar to the mixing bowl. For a few minutes after the cream has begun to thicken, beat it at a medium or medium-low pace.
- Gently fold in the pecan liqueur and whip until stiff peaks form. Quickly start serving.
- Both homemade and premade pie crusts will work in this recipe for Pumpkin Pie. The pie crust recipe serves two, but you may save the extra by putting it in the freezer.
- The leftover pieces from the second pie crust can be shaped into leaves or used for other embellishments.
- If you want to blind bake your pie crust, line it with parchment paper or foil first.
- Overbaking will cause the pumpkin pie to crack. After 55 to 65 minutes, remove the pie from the oven while the center is still little jiggly; it will firm up as it cools.
What To Serve With Joanna Gaines Pumpkin Pie Recipe?
- Caramel peanut glaze
- Crunchy pecan topping
- Peanut crunch topping
- Coconut cream topping
- Sesame cream garnish
- Almond cream topping
- Honey whipped cream topping
How To Store Joanna Gaines Pumpkin Pie In The Fridge?
- Let the pumpkin pie be brought to room temperature before serving.
- Save leftover pie slices by placing them in a sealed jar before storing them in the fridge.
- Your Pumpkin Pie, if properly refrigerated, will keep in the fridge for up to four or five days.
How To Store Joanna Gaines Pumpkin Pie In The Freezer?
- The key to a perfectly cooled Pumpkin pie is patience.
- Wrap the pumpkin pie tightly with plastic wrap before placing it in a large freezer bag.
- Providing you freeze it correctly, your pumpkin pie can keep for up to three months.
- Put the frozen pumpkin pie in the fridge the night before you plan to serve it.
How To Reheat Joanna Gaines Pumpkin Pie?
In The Oven:
- If you want to reheat the entire pumpkin pie, putting it in a preheated oven is the way to go.
- To bake the pumpkin pie, set the oven temperature to 350 degrees and leave it in for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wrapping the outer crust edge in aluminum foil will prevent it from burning.
- Keep in mind that pumpkin pies taste best served at room temperature rather than reheated.
In The Microwave:
- Pumpkin pie can be safely reheated in the microwave for 10 to 30 seconds just before serving.
- If you want to save the rest of your pumpkin pie to reheat for another time, only heat the slices that will be consumed right away.
How Do I Tell If Joanna Gaines Pumpkin Pie Is Done?
The jiggle test is the most reliable method for determining when a pumpkin pie has reached its final baking stage. Wearing oven mitts, jiggle the pie dish gently a few times toward the finish of baking. Pies made with pumpkin should be firm around the edges and somewhat jiggly in the middle when done (with no big, liquid movement). Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool to room temperature on a wire rack. When the pie’s crust begins to crack during baking, it’s been in the oven for too long. Next time, pull it out of the oven a few minutes early.
Try More Recipes:
Pioneer Woman Pumpkin Pie Nutrition Facts
Amount Per Serving ( 1 Slice – 133g )
- Calories 323
- Total Fat 13g
- Saturated Fat 236g
- Cholesterol 35mg
- Sodium 318mg
- Potassium 222mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4g
- Sugars 25g
- Protein 5.2g
- Vitamin A 91%
- Vitamin C 0%
- Calcium 65%
- Iron 6.7%
Nutrition Facts Source: Source
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 323
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 13g20%
- Saturated Fat 236g1180%
- Cholesterol 35mg12%
- Sodium 318mg14%
- Potassium 222mg7%
- Total Carbohydrate 46g16%
- Dietary Fiber 2.4g10%
- Sugars 25g
- Protein 5.2g11%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.