Infused with the earthy, savory flavors of baked mushrooms, garlic, herbs, and cream, Jamie Oliver’s Creamy Baked Mushroom Soup is a comforting wintertime soup. You won’t believe it’s low carb till you taste it!
The flavor of this Baked Mushroom Soup is absolutely out of this world. The mushroom taste is robust and the sauce is quite earthy and creamy. You won’t believe how much better homemade mushroom soup tastes than the canned variety.
Try More Recipes From us:
- Mars Bar Cake Recipe Jamie Oliver
- Jamie Oliver Chocolate Mandarin Cake
- Cauliflower Risotto Jamie Oliver
What Mushrooms Should I Use in Mushroom Soup?
A wide variety of mushrooms, or even a few distinct kinds, can be used.
For a tried-and-true flavor, I choose Portobello mushrooms. If fresh Cremini or Porcini mushrooms are available at my grocery shop, I will also add a handful of them.
- Portobello Mushrooms
- Button Mushrooms
- Cremini Mushrooms
- Shitake Mushrooms
- Porcini Mushrooms
- Chanterelle Mushrooms
- Oyster Mushrooms
How To Roast Mushroom For The Soup?
Vegetables have a richer taste when roasted in the oven than when cooked on the stove.
If you roast the mushrooms first, your mushroom soup will be out of this world.
- Toss the mushrooms with olive oil and salt.
- Roast for 30 minutes at 400°, draining halfway through.
That’s all! It’s really easy to make and adds a lot of depth to the finished meal.
How To Make Jamie Olivers Baked Mushroom Soup
- Toss the mushrooms in a liberal amount of oil and salt. Roast for 30 minutes at 400°, draining halfway through; reserve liquid.
- Heat the oil, onion, cauliflower, and saved mushroom liquid in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently until softened.
- Cook for a further 30 seconds after adding the baked mushrooms, garlic, thyme, and Italian seasoning.
- Stir in the cream cheese until it is completely melted. Stir in the broth and heavy cream slowly until fully mixed.
- Next, purée liquids using an immersion blender or a normal blender until smooth.
- Stir in the mozzarella cheese until it is melted and properly mixed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If preferred, sprinkle with truffle oil and serve hot.
What To Serve With Baked Mushroom Soup?
- Roasted Potatoes
- Green Bean
- Cheese and Onion Sandwich
- Caramelized Onions
- Shrimp Fajitas
- Rice Pilaf
- Zippys Garlic Miso Chicken
- Roasted Veggies
- Green Bean Casserole
- Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Friendsgiving Casserole
- Kale and Bacon Salad
How To Store Baked Mushroom Soup Leftovers?
Leftover Baked Mushroom Soup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. It’s not a good idea to freeze the mixture after adding the cream since doing so will cause the cream to separate. Make it before adding the cream in the last step if you want to freeze it, then add the cream when you defrost and reheat it.
To reheat mushroom soup from the fridge, heat it in the microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring after each one, until it reaches the desired temperature.
Try More Recipes:
- Cheese And Onion Pie Jamie Oliver
- Chicken Lasagne Recipe Jamie Oliver
- Baked Salmon Lasagne Jamie Oliver
Jamie Olivers Baked Mushroom Soup Nutrition Facts
Amount Per Serving
- Calories 260
- Total Fat 18g
- Saturated Fat 2.5g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 60mg
- Sodium 1500mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21g
- Dietary Fiber 3g
- Sugars 6g
- Protein 4g
- Vitamin A 6%
- Vitamin C 20%
- Calcium 10%
- Iron 15%
Nutrition Facts Source: Source
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 260
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 18g28%
- Saturated Fat 2.5g13%
- Cholesterol 60mg20%
- Sodium 1500mg63%
- Total Carbohydrate 21g8%
- Dietary Fiber 3g12%
- Sugars 6g
- Protein 4g8%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.