Hey there foodies! Are you looking for a new and exciting way to spice up your chicken game? Look no further than Jamie Oliver’s delicious Satay Chicken Skewers! These tasty skewers are a perfect balance of sweet and savory, with a rich peanut sauce that is sure to have your taste buds dancing with delight. Not only are they a flavor sensation, but they are also a great way to bring some fun and creativity to your dinner table. So gather your ingredients, fire up the grill, and get ready for a culinary adventure with Jamie Oliver’s Satay Chicken Skewers!
More Recipes From us:
- Salmon Tartare Jamie Oliver
- Sweet Potato Fritters Jamie Oliver
- Jamie Oliver Cauliflower And Blue Cheese Soup
💓 Why You’ll Love This Jamie Oliver Satay Chicken Skewers
- Perfect for Summer Grilling: There’s nothing quite like the taste of grilled chicken during the summer months, and these Satay Chicken Skewers are the perfect addition to any outdoor BBQ.
- Bursting with Flavor: Jamie Oliver’s recipe for Satay Chicken Skewers is a flavor explosion! From the tender and juicy chicken to the deliciously rich peanut sauce, every bite is sure to leave you wanting more.
- Easy to Make: You don’t have to be a master chef to make these skewers. With just a few simple ingredients and some wooden skewers, you can whip up a tasty and impressive meal in no time.
- Versatile: These Satay Chicken Skewers are a great way to switch up your usual chicken dinner routine. They can be served as a main dish or even as a fun appetizer for your next party.
- Healthy Option: If you’re looking for a healthier option that still packs a flavorful punch, these Satay Chicken Skewers are the way to go. They’re high in protein and loaded with fresh veggies, making them a great choice for a balanced meal.
- Kid-Friendly: Kids love food on sticks, and these Satay Chicken Skewers are no exception. They’re a fun and interactive meal that will have even the pickiest eaters asking for seconds.
What Is Jamie Oliver Satay Chicken Skewers Recipe?
Jamie Oliver’s Satay Chicken Skewers recipe is a flavorful and easy-to-make dish that features marinated chicken pieces grilled on skewers and served with a delicious peanut sauce. The marinade typically includes ingredients like soy sauce, cumin, coriander, honey, garlic, and chili. The chicken is then skewered with vegetables like peppers and onions before being grilled to perfection.
The peanut sauce is typically made with peanut butter, coconut milk, soy sauce, honey, and lime juice, and is served on the side for dipping. This dish is perfect for a summer BBQ or a fun and interactive dinner with family and friends.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red onion
- For the marinade:
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 red chili
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
For the peanut sauce:
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 can of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Juice of 1 lime
🔪How To Make Jamie Oliver Satay Chicken Skewers
- Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 20 minutes to prevent them from burning.
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and place them in a bowl.
- Finely chop the garlic and chili and add them to the chicken.
- Add the soy sauce, cumin, coriander, honey, and vegetable oil to the bowl and mix everything together until the chicken is coated in the marinade.
- Cut the red and yellow peppers and the red onion into bite-sized pieces.
- Thread the chicken, peppers, and onions onto the skewers, alternating between the three ingredients.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Grill the skewers for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through.
- While the skewers are cooking, make the peanut sauce by mixing together the peanut butter, coconut milk, soy sauce, honey, and lime juice in a small bowl.
- Serve the Satay Chicken Skewers with the peanut sauce on the side for dipping. Enjoy!
Sure, here are some recipe tips to make your Jamie Oliver Satay Chicken Skewers turn out perfectly:
- Marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes: The longer you marinate the chicken, the more flavor it will absorb. For best results, marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes, or up to 24 hours in the fridge.
- Use metal skewers instead of wooden: If you have metal skewers, use them instead of wooden ones to avoid the risk of them burning or catching fire on the grill.
- Keep an eye on the grill temperature: The grill temperature should be around medium-high heat. If the heat is too low, the chicken will take longer to cook, and if it’s too high, the skewers may burn.
- Add more veggies: If you want to add more veggies to the skewers, try adding some cherry tomatoes, zucchini, or mushrooms.
- Double the peanut sauce recipe: If you’re a peanut sauce lover, consider doubling the recipe to have extra on hand for dipping or drizzling over the skewers.
- Serve with rice or noodles: For a more substantial meal, serve the Satay Chicken Skewers with steamed rice or noodles on the side.
- Garnish with fresh herbs: Add some fresh chopped cilantro or Thai basil to the skewers before serving for an extra burst of flavor and color.
🍴 What To Serve With Satay Chicken Skewers?
There are many delicious side dishes that would pair well with Jamie Oliver’s Satay Chicken Skewers. Here are some ideas:
🥶 How To Store Leftovers
Leftover Satay Chicken Skewers can be easily stored and enjoyed for later. Here are some different ways you can store them:
- In the refrigerator: Place the leftover skewers in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can reheat them in the oven or microwave before serving.
- Frozen: If you want to store the skewers for longer, you can freeze them. Wrap each skewer tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil, then place them in a freezer bag and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw them in the refrigerator before reheating.
No matter how you choose to store the leftovers, make sure to handle them safely and reheat them to a safe temperature before eating. With these simple storage tips, you can enjoy the delicious flavors of Jamie Oliver’s Satay Chicken Skewers for days to come!
🌡️ How To Reheat Leftovers
There are a few different ways you can reheat leftover Satay Chicken Skewers to enjoy them again:
Be sure to check that the chicken has been heated to an internal temperature of at least 165°F (74°C) to ensure it is safe to eat. You can also add some fresh vegetables or a side dish to make it a complete meal again. Enjoy your delicious Satay Chicken Skewers!
How long should you marinate Satay Chicken Skewers?
For best results, you should marinate Satay Chicken Skewers for at least 30 minutes, but you can marinate them for up to 24 hours for maximum flavor.
How do you grill Satay Chicken Skewers?
To grill Satay Chicken Skewers, preheat your grill to medium-high heat, then place the skewers on the grill. Cook the skewers for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through.
Can Satay Chicken Skewers be made ahead of time?
Yes, Satay Chicken Skewers can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator or freezer. To reheat, simply grill or bake until heated through.
What kind of chicken is best for Satay Chicken Skewers?
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs are the best cuts of chicken to use for Satay Chicken Skewers.
How long should you marinate the chicken for Satay Chicken Skewers?
It is best to marinate the chicken for at least half an hour, but you may keep it in there for as long as twenty-four hours if you like.
Try More Recipes:
Jamie Oliver Satay Chicken Skewers Nutrition Fact
- Calories: 216
- Total Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Sodium: 719mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 16g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 9g
- Protein: 14g
- Vitamin A: 0%
- Vitamin C: 0%
- Calcium: 4%
- Iron: 5%