This Red Pepper Soup by Jamie Oliver is bursting with flavor. It takes less than 45 minutes to make this rich and satisfying soup.
Flavor and taste abound in this hearty bowl of roasted red pepper soup. This recipe for a rich and satisfying soup may be prepared in less than 45 minutes. Red peppers, tomatoes, and vegetable broth are brought together beautifully by the use of fresh herbs and produce.
Try More Recipes From us:
Why You’ll Love This Soup:
- It’s seasoned just right, with a hint of fire and spice. (and it’s simple to omit the chili powder and cayenne pepper if you don’t like it!)
- A bowl of this uncomplicated pepper soup is a great option for a midweek dinner.
- As a result, you won’t have to cook as much during the week because you can just reheat the leftovers.
Jamie Oliver Red Pepper Soup Ingredients
- Olive oil: Use in place of avocado oil or coconut oil for cooking veggies.
- Onion: To complement the smokiness of the peppers, I like to add a sweeter onion to the soup. Incorporate whichever onion you like.
- Carrots: You may use either baby carrots or full-sized carrots. Due to the mixing process, chop them coarsely.
- Celery stalks: Make sure they are clean and chopped into manageable bits before you start cooking.
- Garlic gloves: Although minced garlic will get the job done, I rather like the taste of whole fresh garlic cloves.
- Roasted bell peppers: You may save time by purchasing these ingredients already roasted in a jar or container from the shop. Bell peppers cooked over an open flame are also available.
- Crushed tomatoes: Get some crushed canned tomatoes as well. If you like things spicier, you may get them already spiced or with chilies added.
- Vegetable broth: Simple, yet a solid base. You may also use chicken broth if you like.
- Greek yogurt: As the name implies, this is meant to be sprinkled on top. In the absence of yogurt, sour cream will do in a pinch.
- Seasoning & herbs: Add in some seasonings like salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, fresh basil, and thyme leaves. You may change up the spices and ingredients to suit your tastes.
How To Make Jamie Oliver Red Pepper Soup
- In a big heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Cook until the onions, carrots, and celery are tender and transparent, about 5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes to taste.
- Cook until the garlic, basil, thyme, and roasted red peppers are aromatic, about 1-2 minutes longer.
- Bring the tinned tomatoes and broth to a boil in a saucepan. Simmer for 30 minutes on low heat.
- Remove from the heat. Puree the soup with an immersion blender until smooth and totally blended. Mix in the Greek yogurt until thoroughly mixed. Serve with torn fresh basil.
What To Serve With Red Pepper Soup?
- Braided Bread
- Skillet Garlic Shrimp
- Mac And Cheese
- Fried Chicken
- Baked Rigaton
- Macaroni Salad
- Chicken And Dumplings
How To Store Red Pepper Soup?
Red Pepper Soup should be refrigerated when it has cooled down completely. Use within 5 days, or refrigerate for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
How To Reheat Red Pepper Soup?
You may let it defrost in the fridge overnight or leave it out on the counter for a few hours. Red Pepper Soup can be reheated in a saucepan on the stove or in a microwave-safe container. For convenience, I like to use a jug made in the shape of Pyrex in the microwave.
- Prepare the vegetables for cooking by chopping them up beforehand. You may speed up the cooking time for the carrots and celery by chopping them into smaller pieces. If you put in a little time to prepare them, you’ll have an easy time cooking them.
- Keep an eye on the soup as it cooks. Take care not to forget about the soup while it’s cooking. Burning the soup will give it a bitter taste that will be unpleasant to eat.
- Toss the veggies in a blender and give it a good whirl. Use the immersion blender cautiously. Vegetables in this soup shouldn’t be in large pieces. It ought to be smooth and velvety. A blender can be used to purée the soup in batches.
- Soup made with roasted red peppers should be allowed to cool before being stored.
Try More Recipes:
- Chicken Fricassee Jamie Oliver
- Jamie Oliver Satay Chicken Skewers
- Jamie Oliver Slow Cooker Pumpkin Soup
Jamie Oliver Red Pepper Soup Nutrition Facts
Amount Per Serving
- Calories 110
- Total Fat 8g
- Saturated Fat 408g
- Trans Fat 0.3g
- Cholesterol 24mg
- Sodium 499mg
- Potassium 236mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8g
- Dietary Fiber 2g
- Sugars 5g
- Protein 2.2g
- Vitamin A 55%
- Vitamin C 172%
- Calcium 3%
- Iron 3%
Nutrition Facts Source: Source
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 110
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 8g13%
- Saturated Fat 408g2040%
- Trans Fat 0.3g
- Cholesterol 24mg8%
- Sodium 499mg21%
- Potassium 236mg7%
- Total Carbohydrate 8g3%
- Dietary Fiber 2g8%
- Sugars 5g
- Protein 2.2g5%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.