When it comes to the holidays, pumpkin pie is often the dessert of choice. For those looking for a classic recipe, this Pumpkin Pie from celebrity chef Jamie Oliver is the perfect pick. With its delicious combination of spices, creamy pumpkin filling and buttery crust, it’s sure to be the star of your holiday table. And with a few simple steps, you’ll have a delicious pumpkin pie in no time. So, let’s get baking!
More Recipes From us:
💓 Why You’ll Love This Jamie Oliver Pumpkin Pie
- Delicious and creamy pumpkin filling.
- Made with freshly roasted pumpkin.
- No added preservatives or artificial colors.
- Easy to make with simple ingredients.
- Crisp and buttery shortcrust pastry.
- Perfectly spiced with nutmeg, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Decorated with a lattice top for a classic look.
- Perfect for the holidays or any special occasion.
- Great for sharing with family and friends.
What Is Jamie Oliver Pumpkin Pie Recipe?
Chicken tagine is a traditional Moroccan dish that’s typically made with chicken, vegetables, and aromatic spices, cooked slowly in a clay tagine pot. Jamie Oliver’s recipe for chicken tagine features tender chicken thighs that are cooked with onions, garlic, ginger, preserved lemon, and a blend of warm spices like cumin, coriander, and cinnamon. The dish is finished with a sprinkling of fresh herbs like cilantro or parsley and served over couscous or with a crusty bread to soak up the flavorful sauce. Oliver’s recipe is easy to follow and can be adapted to suit your taste preferences or dietary needs.
- 500g pumpkin, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 eggs
- 75g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 150ml double cream
- 375g ready-made sweet shortcrust pastry
- 1 tablespoon demerara sugar
🔪How To Make Jamie Oliver Pumpkin Pie
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Place the pumpkin cubes in a roasting tin and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, caster sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cream until well combined.
- Grease a 20cm/8in loose-bottomed tart tin with a little butter.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use to line the greased tart tin.
- Spoon the roasted pumpkin into the pastry case and pour over the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle the demerara sugar over the top of the pie and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the filling is just set and golden-brown. Serve hot or cold. Enjoy!
- When making a pumpkin pie, it is important to choose the right type of pumpkin. Look for a sugar pumpkin or a pie pumpkin as these will provide the best flavor and texture for your pie.
- To ensure a flaky crust, use cold butter and work it into the flour quickly and lightly. Use a pastry blender or two knives to cut the butter into the flour.
- Use a pre-cooked filling to reduce baking time and ensure that the pie will be cooked through.
- When adding the egg mixture to the pumpkin mixture, do not over mix as this can cause the filling to become too thin.
- To prevent the crust from over-browning, tent the edges with foil or use a pie shield.
- Chill the pie for at least an hour before slicing to ensure that the filling has set.
⏱ How Long To Cook Pumpkin Pie?
The cooking time for pumpkin pie can vary depending on the recipe and method of baking. Here are the approximate cooking times for different methods:
- Traditional oven: Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Bake the pumpkin pie for 15 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 350°F (175°C) and continue baking for 40-50 minutes. The pie is done when the center is set but still slightly jiggly.
- Convection oven: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and bake the pumpkin pie for 30-35 minutes, or until the center is set but still slightly jiggly.
- Instant Pot: Pour 1 cup of water into the Instant Pot and place the trivet in the bottom. Cover the pie with foil and place it on top of the trivet. Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 25 minutes, then let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes before releasing any remaining pressure manually.
- Air fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 325°F (165°C) and bake the pumpkin pie for 15-20 minutes, or until the center is set but still slightly jiggly.
It’s important to note that these are just approximate cooking times and that you should always check the doneness of your pumpkin pie with a toothpick or knife. If the center is still too jiggly, continue baking for a few more minutes until it sets.
🍴 What To Serve With Pumpkin Pie?
Pumpkin pie is a classic dessert that is often served during Thanksgiving and other holiday meals. Here are some ideas for what to serve with pumpkin pie:
- Whipped cream: A dollop of whipped cream on top of a slice of pumpkin pie is a classic combination that adds a creamy, light texture to the rich, spiced flavors of the pie.
- Vanilla ice cream: A scoop of vanilla ice cream alongside a slice of warm pumpkin pie creates a contrast of temperatures and textures that is both creamy and refreshing.
- Caramel sauce: A drizzle of caramel sauce over a slice of pumpkin pie can add a sweet and buttery flavor that complements the warm spices in the pie.
- Chopped nuts: A sprinkle of chopped nuts, such as pecans or walnuts, can add a crunchy texture and nutty flavor that pairs well with the creamy pumpkin filling.
- Coffee or tea: A cup of coffee or tea can provide a warm, comforting beverage to enjoy alongside a slice of pumpkin pie.
These are just a few ideas for what to serve with pumpkin pie. Ultimately, it comes down to personal preference and what flavors and textures you enjoy with your dessert.
There are a few different ways to store leftover pumpkin pie to keep it fresh and safe to eat:
- Refrigerate: Pumpkin pie can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Make sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap or foil to prevent it from drying out. If your pumpkin pie has whipped cream on top, it’s best to store it without the whipped cream and add it back on top just before serving.
- Freeze: Pumpkin pie can also be frozen for longer-term storage. To freeze, let the pie cool completely, then wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer-safe container. Pumpkin pie can be frozen for up to 2-3 months. To thaw, transfer the pie to the refrigerator and let it thaw for several hours or overnight.
- Individual portions: If you want to freeze individual portions of pumpkin pie for quick and easy snacks or desserts, slice the pie into individual servings and wrap each one tightly in plastic wrap or foil. Store the individual portions in a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 2-3 months. To thaw, remove the plastic wrap or foil and let the portion thaw at room temperature for a few hours before enjoying.
🌡️ How To Reheat Leftovers
There are a few different ways to reheat leftover pumpkin pie:
- Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Remove any plastic wrap or foil from the pumpkin pie and place it on a baking sheet. Heat the pie in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until it’s warmed through. Be careful not to overheat the pie, as it can dry out or burn.
- Microwave: Cut a slice of pumpkin pie and place it on a microwave-safe plate. Heat the pie in the microwave on high for 15-20 seconds, or until it’s warmed through. If you’re reheating a whole pie, you can microwave it on medium power for a few minutes, stopping to check the temperature every 30 seconds or so.
- Skillet: Cut a slice of pumpkin pie and place it in a skillet over medium-low heat. Cook the pie for a few minutes on each side, or until it’s warmed through. This method can give the crust a slightly crispy texture.
No matter which method you choose, be sure to let the pie cool for a few minutes before serving, as it can be very hot right out of the oven or microwave.
What are some of the different types of Pumpkin Pie?
There are many different types of Pumpkin Pie, including traditional pies, custard pies, cheesecakes, and other variations. Traditional Pumpkin Pie is made with a combination of cooked pumpkin, eggs, butter, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger all mixed together and baked in a pastry shell. Custard Pumpkin Pie is similar to traditional Pumpkin Pie but contains a custard-like filling instead of the traditional pumpkin mixture. Cheesecake Pumpkin Pie is a combination of a cheesecake filling and a pumpkin pie filling all baked in a pastry shell.
How long should Pumpkin Pie be baked?
The baking time for Pumpkin Pie will depend on the size and depth of the pastry shell. Generally speaking, a 9-inch pie should be baked for 40-45 minutes at 375°F. If the pie is deeper than 9 inches, it may need to be baked for an additional 10-15 minutes. It is important to keep an eye on the pie while it is baking to ensure that it does not overcook.
What are some common topping ideas for Pumpkin Pie?
Common topping ideas for Pumpkin Pie include whipped cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon, chopped nuts, and caramel sauce. Other topping ideas include marshmallows, crushed candy canes, and a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
What is the difference between Pumpkin Pie and Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie
The primary difference between Pumpkin Pie and Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie is the addition of cream cheese to the filling. In a Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie, the cream cheese is added to the traditional pumpkin-based custard, creating a richer, creamier filling.
Try More Recipes:
- Jamie Oliver Seafood Bouillabaisse
- Jamie Oliver Red Pepper Soup
- Jamie Oliver Pumpkin Soup With Chickpea
Jamie Oliver Pumpkin Pie Nutrition Fact
- Calories: 300
- Total Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 55 mg
- Sodium: 270 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 38 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2 g
- Sugars: 22 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Vitamin A: 150%
- Vitamin C: 0%
- Calcium: 15%
- Iron: 8%