Featuring a wonderful harmony of savory, tangy, and spicy tastes, Jamie Oliver’s Pumpkin Apple Soup is very silky and smooth. It can be prepared in less than 30 minutes and adheres to a number of healthful criteria: vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free.
Try More Recipes From us:
- Jamie Oliver Mushroom Soup With Rice
- Jamie Oliver Mushroom Soup No Cream
- Jamie Oliver Mexican Tomato Soup
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- The Jamie Oliver Pumpkin Apple Soup Recipe is a delicious and healthy meal that can be enjoyed any time of the year. It is a great source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber, as well as being low in fat and calories. The combination of pumpkin, apple, and spices makes it a flavorful and comforting dish.
- The recipe is easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients. You can customize the flavors and texture to your liking by adding your favorite spices and toppings. It is a great way to get your daily dose of vegetables and fruits in a delicious and nutritious way.
- The Jamie Oliver Pumpkin Apple Soup Recipe is a great way to use up leftover pumpkins or apples that you have in your kitchen. It is also a great way to get creative in the kitchen and make something new and exciting out of old ingredients. Plus, it’s a great way to get your kids involved in the kitchen and teach them the importance of healthy eating.
Jamie Oliver Pumpkin Apple Soup Ingredients
- Oil – You can use any kind of vegetable oil, even butter, in place of the light olive oil that I do while making this soup.
- Pumpkin – For maximum taste, substitute sweet pumpkin or pie pumpkin. Use pumpkins that have already been peeled and diced to save time.
- Apple – Green apples (Granny Smith) are a favorite of mine to throw into this soup because of their tangy, crisp flavor.
- Garlic & Onion – Adding garlic and onions is a requirement if you want this soup to have any flavor.
- Stock – The soup is elevated to a new degree of deliciousness when stock (broth) is used in the cooking process rather than water.
Is Jamie Oliver Pumpkin Apple Soup Healthy?
Pumpkin is a good source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, while apples are high in fiber and vitamin C. When combined with other ingredients such as olive oil, garlic, and onions, this soup can be considered healthy.
What Type Of Apples Work Best In Pumpkin Apple Soup?
For pumpkin apple soup, tart apples such as Granny Smith or Honeycrisp work best as they add a nice balance of sweetness and acidity to the soup.
Can I Make Jamie Oliver Pumpkin Apple Soup In A Slow Cooker?
Yes, you can make this soup in a slow cooker. Start by sautéing the onions and garlic in a pan with olive oil before adding them to the slow cooker along with the rest of the ingredients. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat the light olive oil.
- When the oil is heated, add the chopped garlic and onions and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Fry for a minute with the pumpkin and apples.
- Bring the soup to a boil with vegetable stock, salt, and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes on low heat with a cover on the pan.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let aside for 15-20 minutes to cool.
- Place the cooled soup in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Put the soup back in the pan. If the soup is too thick for you, add extra stock. Over high heat, bring it to a boil. Serve immediately.
What To Serve With Pumpkin Apple Soup?
- Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. Grilled cheese sandwiches are the perfect accompaniment to this creamy pumpkin apple soup. The combination of the sharp cheese and the sweet pumpkin makes for a delicious bite.
- Ciabatta Bread. Ciabatta bread is a great way to dip into Jamie Oliver’s pumpkin apple soup. Its crunchy texture and mild flavor are the perfect complement to the sweet soup.
- Roasted Nuts. Roasted nuts are a great way to add some crunch and texture to Jamie Oliver’s pumpkin apple soup. They also add an earthy flavor that pairs nicely with the sweetness of the pumpkin.
- Salads. Salads are a great way to lighten up a meal, and they pair perfectly with Jamie Oliver’s pumpkin apple soup. Whether you choose a green salad, a grain salad, or a fruit salad, they will all be delicious with this soup.
- Roasted Root Vegetables. Roasted root vegetables are a great way to add some extra flavor and texture to Jamie Oliver’s pumpkin apple soup. The natural sweetness of the vegetables pairs well with the soup’s flavors.
- Croutons. Croutons are a great way to add a crunchy texture to the soup. They are also a great way to add some extra flavor and texture to the soup.
How To Store Pumpkin Apple Soup?
- In The Fridge. Pumpkin apple soup should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To extend its freshness, make sure to cool the soup completely before transferring it to the container and leave a small amount of space between the soup and the lid. If possible, consume the soup within 3-4 days of storage.
- In The Freezer. To freeze your pumpkin apple soup, you’ll need to transfer the cooled soup to an airtight, freezer-safe container. Make sure to fill the container no more than 3/4 full, as the soup will expand during freezing. Once the soup is frozen, it will last for up to 3 months.
- To Reheat. For the stovetop method, transfer the soup to a pot and heat it over medium heat until it comes to a simmer. For the microwave method, transfer the soup to a microwave-safe bowl and heat it on high for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
How Can I Make Pumpkin Apple Soup More Flavorful?
To make pumpkin apple soup more flavorful, you can add spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, or allspice. You can also add a splash of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice for added acidity.
What Type Of Apple Is Best For Pumpkin Apple Soup?
Tart apples such as Granny Smith or Honeycrisp work best for pumpkin apple soup. They add a nice balance of sweetness and acidity to the soup.
Can I Make Jamie Oliver Pumpkin Apple Soup Ahead Of Time?
Yes, you can make pumpkin apple soup ahead of time. It can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Can I Use Canned Pumpkin For Pumpkin Apple Soup?
Yes, you can use canned pumpkin for pumpkin apple soup. It’s a convenient and time-saving option. Just make sure to use pure pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling.
- Jamie Oliver Lentil And Sweet Potato Soup
- Jamie Oliver Leftover Chicken Chowder
- Jamie Oliver Leek And Cauliflower Soup
Jamie Oliver Pumpkin Apple Soup Nutrition Facts
Amount Per Serving
- Calories 245.4
- Total Fat 11.62g
- Cholesterol 28.21mg
- Sodium 373.24mg
- Potassium 532.54mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.41g
- Dietary Fiber 3.87g
- Sugars 15.2g
- Protein 8.85g
- Vitamin A 23%
- Vitamin C 13%
- Calcium 6%
- Iron 4%
Nutrition Facts Source: Source
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 245.4
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 11.62g18%
- Cholesterol 28.21mg10%
- Sodium 373.24mg16%
- Potassium 532.54mg16%
- Total Carbohydrate 27.41g10%
- Dietary Fiber 3.87g16%
- Sugars 15.2g
- Protein 8.85g18%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.