This Jamie Oliver Potato Leek Bacon Soup is a fantastic choice for keeping you warm throughout the colder months since it is rich and creamy, and it features the delightful addition of bacon, which, as we all know, makes everything better.
Try More Recipes From us:
- Jamie Oliver Baked Pumpkin Soup
- Jamie Oliver Avocado Egg Breakfast
- Jamie Oliver Asian Chicken Noodle Broth
Jamie Oliver Potato Leek Bacon Soup Ingredients
- Bacon. I prefer thick-sliced bacon that has not been cooked to a crisp. As a garnish, if you like, you may keep a bit for later.
- Onion. You can speed up the softening process by slicing them thinly.
- Leeks. Make sure you give them a good, long soak to remove any remaining residue. Cut thinly.
- Garlic. Reduce to mincemeat!
- Chicken Stock. Make your own chicken stock using this recipe or buy an already carton.
- Half & Half. If you don’t have any heavy cream on hand, you may use milk.
Is Potato Leek Bacon Soup Gluten Free?
In a nutshell, the answer is yes; nevertheless, you should double-check the packaging of every product before using it.
Can This Potato Leek Bacon Soup Be Frozen?
Yes, it can! Place in a freezer-friendly container and seal tightly, then label. Reheat until piping hot.
How To Make Jamie Oliver Potato Leek Bacon Soup
- Cook the bacon in a dutch oven over medium-high heat, then add the onion and leeks.
- Cook until vegetables are soft (about 5 minutes).
- Cook for another 30 seconds after adding the garlic.
- Bring the potatoes and stock to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and continue to cook until the potatoes are soft (about 10-15 mins).
- To roughly blend (you don’t want to purée it completely, lumps are ok! ), use a masher, an immersion blender, or a blender.
- Stir in the pepper and half-and-half.
What To Serve With Potato Leek Bacon Soup?
- Strawberry Feta Spinach Salad
- Baked Potato Casserole
- Oven Roasted Vegetables
- Zippys Garlic Miso Chicken
- Moist Cornbread
- Chat Pate Pakora
- Green Bean Fries
- Macaroni Salad
- Crispy Potato Wedges
- Kale Caesar Crunch Salad
How To Store Potato Leek Bacon Soup?
This Potato Leek Bacon Soup will keep for up to two weeks in the refrigerator if stored in an airtight container. The soup may be stored in the freezer for up to one month. Reheat the soup well before serving, and if it has thickened too much, dilute it with a bit more water or vegetable stock.
Before serving it again, reheat your Potato Leek Bacon Soup in a pot or in the microwave until it is delicious and toasted.
Try More Recipes:
- Jamie Oliver Butternut Squash And Ginger Soup
- Jamie Oliver Brussel Sprout Soup
- Salmon Tartare Jamie Oliver
Jamie Oliver Potato Leek Bacon Soup Nutrition Facts
Amount Per Serving
Nutrition Facts Source: Source
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 215
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 8.3g13%
- Saturated Fat 3.7g19%
- Trans Fat 0.2g
- Cholesterol 20mg7%
- Sodium 1665mg70%
- Potassium 547mg16%
- Total Carbohydrate 32g11%
- Dietary Fiber 3.2g13%
- Sugars 7.1g
- Protein 5.6g12%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.