If you’re a pizza lover, you know that the sauce is just as important as the toppings. And who better to turn to for a delicious pizza sauce recipe than the famous British chef, Jamie Oliver? With his simple yet flavorful pizza sauce recipe, you can elevate your homemade pizza game and create a delicious pizza that rivals your favorite pizzeria.
In this article, we’ll delve into the details of Jamie Oliver’s pizza sauce recipe and provide tips on how to make and store it for the best results.
More Recipes From us:
💓 Why You’ll Love This Jamie Oliver Pizza Sauce
Here are some reasons why you’ll love Jamie Oliver’s pizza sauce recipe:
- It’s easy to make: With just a few simple ingredients and a blender, you can make this pizza sauce in no time.
- It’s flavorful: The combination of canned tomatoes, garlic, oregano, and basil creates a delicious and aromatic sauce that will make your pizza taste amazing.
- Quickly and adapt: This pizza sauce is great for all types of pizza, from classic margherita to veggie-loaded pies.
- It’s customizable: You can adjust the amount of garlic and herbs to suit your taste preferences and experiment with different types of canned tomatoes for a slightly different flavor.
- It’s budget-friendly: Making your own pizza sauce is much more affordable than buying pre-made sauce from the store.
What Is Jamie Oliver Pizza Sauce Recipe?
Pumpkin curry is a delicious and flavorful dish created by celebrity chef Jamie Oliver. It is a vegan curry dish made with roasted pumpkin, coconut milk, curry powder, garlic, onions, ginger, and other spices. It can be served over rice or noodles and is a great way to use up leftover pumpkin.
- 1 can (14 oz) of whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
🔪How To Make Jamie Oliver Pizza Sauce
- Add the canned tomatoes (with their juice), minced garlic, dried oregano, dried basil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a blender or food processor.
- Blend the mixture until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Use the sauce immediately or store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Note: If you prefer a chunkier sauce, you can blend the ingredients for less time, or even skip the blending altogether and simply crush the canned tomatoes by hand before mixing in the other ingredients.
Here are some tips for making Jamie Oliver’s pizza sauce recipe:
🍴 What To Serve With Pizza Sauce?
Jamie Oliver’s pizza sauce is typically used as a base sauce for homemade pizzas, but it can also be used in a variety of other dishes. Here are some ideas for serving pizza sauce:
- Pizza: Of course, the most obvious use for pizza sauce is as a base for homemade pizzas. Spread the sauce over a pizza crust, add your favorite toppings, and bake in the oven until crispy and golden brown.
- Dipping sauce: Pizza sauce makes a great dipping sauce for breadsticks, garlic knots, or other baked breads.
- Pasta sauce: You can also use pizza sauce as a quick and easy pasta sauce. Just heat the sauce in a saucepan, toss with cooked pasta, and serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Meatballs: Use pizza sauce as a flavorful sauce for meatballs. Simply cook your meatballs in the sauce until heated through, and serve with pasta or crusty bread.
🥶 How To Store Leftovers
If you have leftover Jamie Oliver pizza sauce, here are some ways to store it:
- Refrigerator: You can store pizza sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Make sure to cool the sauce completely before storing it.
- Freezer: Pizza sauce can be frozen for up to 3 months. Transfer the sauce to a freezer-safe container or freezer bag and label with the date before storing in the freezer.
- Ice cube tray: Another option is to freeze pizza sauce in an ice cube tray. Once the sauce is frozen, transfer the cubes to a freezer-safe container or bag. This makes it easy to thaw just the amount of sauce you need for a single serving.
Regardless of how you store the sauce, make sure to cool it completely before transferring it to a container or bag. Additionally, make sure the container or bag is airtight to prevent freezer burn or other odors from affecting the flavor.
Reheating leftover Jamie Oliver pizza sauce is a simple process. Here are some methods you can use:
- Microwave: Transfer the desired amount of sauce to a microwave-safe dish and heat on high for 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until heated through.
- Stovetop: Pour the leftover pizza sauce into a small saucepan and heat over low heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Transfer the leftover pizza sauce to an oven-safe dish and cover with foil. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until heated through.
- Slow cooker: Transfer the leftover pizza sauce to a slow cooker and heat on low for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally.
Regardless of which method you choose, make sure to stir the sauce occasionally to ensure even heating. You can also add a splash of water or broth to the sauce if it seems too thick or has lost some of its moisture during storage.
What kind of tomatoes are used to make Pizza Sauce?
The type of tomatoes used to make pizza sauce depend on the recipe and the individual chef’s preferences. Generally, fresh tomatoes are used for a more intense flavor, canned tomatoes for a more mellow flavor, and pureed tomatoes for a smoother texture. When using canned tomatoes, it is important to look for tomatoes that are canned in pure tomato juice or pureed tomatoes without added salt or other ingredients.
What herbs and spices are used in Pizza Sauce?
The herbs and spices used in pizza sauce vary depending on the recipe and the individual chef’s preferences. Generally, pizza sauce is seasoned with basil, oregano, garlic, and other herbs and spices. Other ingredients, such as red pepper flakes, onion powder, and sugar, may also be used to add flavor and depth.
Is Pizza Sauce vegan?
Yes, pizza sauce is typically vegan as it is made from tomatoes and other plant-based ingredients. However, it is important to double-check the ingredients list of the specific pizza sauce product before purchasing to ensure that it does not contain any animal-derived ingredients such as cheese or cream.
Is Pizza Sauce the same as Marinara Sauce?
While there are similarities between pizza sauce and marinara sauce, they are not the same. Marinara sauce is usually a tomato-based sauce that is simmered with garlic, onion, and herbs. It is usually seasoned with oregano, parsley, and basil. Pizza sauce, on the other hand, is usually a thicker sauce made with tomato paste, olive oil, and seasonings. It is often flavored with additional ingredients such as olives, capers, anchovies, and mushrooms.
Is Pizza Sauce Vegetarian?
Yes, pizza sauce is typically vegetarian as it is made from tomatoes, olive oil, herbs, and spices. However, some recipes may include ingredients such as olives, capers, anchovies, and mushrooms, which may not be vegetarian. Therefore, it is important to check the ingredients list before purchasing pizza sauce to ensure that it is vegetarian-friendly.