This Jamie Oliver Mushroom Soup No Cream is a mushroom soup that has a very velvety texture despite not containing any cream. This soup is loaded with flavorful ingredients like mushrooms, garlic, and fresh herbs, yet it still manages to be low in fat and calories.
You won’t find a better cream of mushroom soup recipe anywhere. There aren’t any small chunks of canned mushrooms or globs of gelatinous cream in this condensed soup. This soup has all the healthy qualities you might want in a warm and satisfying supper.
Try More Recipes From us:
- Jamie Oliver Gazpacho Recipe
- Jamie Oliver Chinese Chicken Noodle Soup
- Jamie Oliver Chicken Minestrone Soup
Why This Recipe Works:
- Rich and hearty mushroom soup with plenty of fresh herbs and a velvety texture.
- This mushroom soup is minimal in fat and calories and high in vital nutrients because it contains no cream.
- Simple, Easy, and Ready in No Time
Jamie Oliver No Cream Mushroom Soup Ingredients
- Mushrooms: In this dish, you can use whatever variety of mushrooms you choose. Choose a solid mushroom kind, such as baby Bellas, white buttons, or creminis. The pre-sliced ones will save you time. If you want a more nuanced mushroom flavor, try making your own mushroom combination out of many different kinds. Mushrooms go bad quickly so it’s best to buy them fresh.
- Fresh Herbs: Its robust scent and bright flavor come from a blend of fresh thyme and freshly chopped parsley. If you can, try to get fresh herbs. However, if you cannot locate fresh thyme when you create this soup, you can go for dried thyme instead.
- Stock: For the soup’s broth, low-fat milk and flour are mixed to make a roux, and then the vegetable stock is added for depth. The roux is the key to this low-fat mushroom soup’s velvety texture without all the extra calories and fat. Chicken stock is also available for those who aren’t vegetarians. You may use ordinary milk for a more decadent experience (whole milk). Use a mushroom broth to really bring out the mushroom taste!
- Make it a Vegan Mushroom Soup: Replace the low-fat milk in this recipe with plant milk such as canned light coconut milk, oat milk, or almond milk to make it vegan.
- Make it Gluten-Free: To make this recipe gluten-free, use a flour mix formulated to be used with gluten-free ingredients for the all-purpose flour called for.
- Try Different Seasonings: Change the herbs you use to reflect what you have on hand or what is currently in season. In the warmer months, fresh basil is a great addition. Fresh sage is a nice addition in the fall and winter.
How To Make Jamie Oliver Mushroom Soup No Cream
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil and sauté the chopped onion for 3-4 minutes. Crush the garlic and cut the thyme. Stir for another 3 minutes.
- Sauté the sliced mushrooms for 5-8 minutes, or until softened and cooked completely.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes after adding the flour, stirring constantly.
- Bring the vegetable stock to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes.
- Blend 1/2 of the soup in a blender until smooth. Return the blended soup to the pot, whisk in the milk and spices, and heat to a simmer.
- Season the soup to taste. If necessary, season with more salt. 1 tablespoon minced parsley on top
- Serve with a sprinkle of cracked pepper on top.
What Goes Best With Mushroom Soup?
- Roasted Potatoes
- Potato Salad
- Cheese and Onion Sandwich
- Fried Chicken
- Caramelized Onions
- Mac And Cheese
- Rice Pilaf
- Skillet Garlic Shrimp
- Roasted Veggies
- Golden-crusted White Fish
- Cheesy Garlic Bread
How Do You Store And Keep Mushroom Soup?
- Refrigerate: Wait until all of the leftover Mushroom Soup has completely cooled down before transferring it to a container that seals tightly. You may keep it in the refrigerator for up to five days.
- Freeze: If you have any leftover Mushroom Soup, you may chill it to room temperature before freezing it. Put in a freezer-safe container after pressing out all the air. Write what’s inside and the date on the label. Keep for up to three months in the freezer.
- Reheat: To reheat Mushroom Soup from the freezer, just defrost it and then place it in a big pot. To thaw frozen soup, cook it on low until it just starts to bubble, then increase the heat to medium.
- Mushrooms should be purchased fresh.
- Prepare your ingredients by thoroughly washing them.
- Don’t waste your time washing mushrooms. They will soak up the water like sponges. Rather than washing the mushrooms, simply wipe them down with a moist cloth or paper towel.
- Save yourself some time by purchasing pre-sliced mushrooms.
- It’s best to use fresh thyme and parsley if you can get your hands on them.
Try More Recipes:
- Jamie Oliver Chicken And Mushroom Soup
- Jamie Oliver Cauliflower And Broccoli Soup
- Jamie Oliver Cauliflower And Blue Cheese Soup
Jamie Oliver Mushroom Soup No Cream Nutrition Facts
Amount Per Serving
Nutrition Facts Source: Source
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 150
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 11g17%
- Saturated Fat 6g30%
- Cholesterol 30mg10%
- Sodium 190mg8%
- Potassium 380mg11%
- Total Carbohydrate 9g3%
- Dietary Fiber 1g4%
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 5g10%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.