Do you want a tried-and-true cuisine that will satisfy your craving for something familiar and delicious? Try Jamie Oliver’s meatloaf recipe, it’s the best! This recipe is great for a satisfying evening with the family or for packing as a lunch the next day because it reheats well. Jamie’s meatloaf, which features a combination of ground beef and pork and a blend of fragrant herbs and spices, is likely to become a staple in your weekly meal rotation. Prepare to impress your loved ones with a delectable dish you’ve prepared by donning an apron and heading into the kitchen.
More Recipes From us:
- Sweet Potato Fritters Jamie Oliver
- Jamie Oliver Pumpkin And Bacon Soup
- Jamie Oliver Potato Leek Bacon Soup Recipe
💓 Why You’ll Love This Jamie Oliver Meatloaf Recipe
Jamie Oliver’s meatloaf recipe is a delicious and easy-to-follow recipe that is perfect for any occasion. Here are some reasons why you’ll love it:
- Comfort food: Meatloaf is the ultimate comfort food, and Jamie Oliver’s recipe is no exception. It’s hearty, savory, and perfect for a cozy night in.
- Easy to make: This recipe is straightforward and doesn’t require any complicated techniques or hard-to-find ingredients, making it perfect for beginners.
- Versatile: This meatloaf is incredibly versatile and can be served with a variety of sides or toppings. You can customize it to your liking with different seasonings, sauces, or vegetables.
- Leftovers: This recipe makes a large loaf, so you’ll have plenty of leftovers to enjoy throughout the week. It’s perfect for meal prep or as a quick and easy lunch or dinner option.
Overall, Jamie Oliver’s meatloaf recipe is a classic dish that is sure to satisfy your cravings and impress your guests.
What Is Jamie Oliver Meatloaf Recipe?
Jamie Oliver’s meatloaf recipe is a delicious and comforting dish made with a mixture of ground beef, pork sausage, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, herbs, and other seasonings. The meatloaf is then topped with a layer of bacon, which adds a smoky flavor and crispy texture. The meatloaf is baked in the oven until fully cooked and the bacon is crisp, and it can be served with a variety of sides such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a fresh salad.
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 sticks of celery
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 heaped teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 500 g quality minced beef
- 50 g breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 rashers of higher-welfare smoked streaky bacon
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
🔪How To Make Jamie Oliver Meatloaf Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
- Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic. Trim and finely chop the carrots and celery. Halve the peppers, remove the stalks and seeds, then roughly chop.
- Heat a lug of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, peppers, oregano, cumin, and cinnamon. Cook for 10 minutes or until softened.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Add the cooked vegetables, minced beef, breadcrumbs, and tomato purée. Season with salt and pepper and mix everything together.
- Line a loaf tin with the bacon, slightly overlapping each piece. Spoon in the meat mixture and smooth the top.
- Fold the overhanging bacon back over the top of the meatloaf, tucking it in at the sides. Drizzle with Worcestershire sauce and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Let the meatloaf cool in the tin for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Here are some recipe tips for Jamie Oliver’s meatloaf:
- Use a mixture of beef and pork: Jamie Oliver’s meatloaf recipe calls for a mixture of beef and pork, which gives it a great flavor and texture.
- Soak the bread in milk: To help keep the meatloaf moist, Jamie Oliver soaks bread in milk and then mixes it in with the meat.
- Don’t overwork the meat: When mixing the meat mixture, be careful not to overwork it. Overworking the meat can result in a tough meatloaf.
- Add some bacon: Jamie Oliver’s recipe includes bacon, which adds some extra flavor to the meatloaf.
- Use a meat thermometer: To ensure that the meatloaf is cooked through, use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. It should reach 165°F (75°C).
- Let it rest before slicing: After taking the meatloaf out of the oven, let it rest for a few minutes before slicing. This will help the juices to redistribute and result in a more flavorful meatloaf.
⏱ How Long To Cook Meatloaf Recipe?
Here is a table with the cooking times and temperatures for meatloaf recipe:
|Cooking Method||Temperature||Cooking Time|
|Oven||375°F (190°C)||1 hour|
|Slow Cooker||Low||6-8 hours|
|Grill||Medium-high||30-40 minutes per side|
It is important to always use a meat thermometer to check that the internal temperature of the meatloaf has reached at least 160°F (71°C) before consuming. The cooking times may vary depending on the size and thickness of the meatloaf, so it’s always a good idea to check for doneness rather than rely solely on cooking times.
🍴 What To Serve With Meatloaf Recipe?
Meatloaf is a classic comfort food that pairs well with a variety of side dishes. Here are some ideas for what to serve with Jamie Oliver’s meatloaf recipe:
- Mashed potatoes
- Roasted vegetables, such as carrots, brussels sprouts, or green beans
- Garlic bread or dinner rolls
- Macaroni and cheese
- Creamed spinach
- Roasted sweet potatoes
- Corn on the cob
You can choose one or a few of these sides to create a well-rounded and satisfying meal.
Leftover meatloaf can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. You can also freeze the meatloaf for longer storage, up to 3-4 months.
To freeze, allow the meatloaf to cool completely, then wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and foil. Label the package with the date and contents, then place it in the freezer.
To thaw frozen meatloaf, place it in the refrigerator overnight. Once thawed, reheat it using your preferred method.
Here are a few ways you can reheat leftover meatloaf:
- Oven method: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Place the leftover meatloaf in an oven-safe dish and cover it with foil. Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until the meatloaf is heated through.
- Microwave method: Place a slice of leftover meatloaf on a microwave-safe plate and cover it with a damp paper towel. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes, or until heated through.
- Skillet method: Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add a little bit of oil or butter to the skillet. Once hot, add the leftover meatloaf and cook for a few minutes on each side until heated through.
No matter which method you choose, make sure to check the temperature of the meatloaf with a food thermometer to ensure it has reached a safe internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
Can I bake a meatloaf in a slow cooker?
Yes, you can bake a meatloaf in a slow cooker. Place the shaped meatloaf in the slow cooker, cover, and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until the internal temperature of the meatloaf reaches 165°F (74°C).
What type of sauce can I use for a topping on my meatloaf?
You can use any type of sauce you like for a topping on your meatloaf, such as ketchup, mustard, barbecue sauce, or even a savory mushroom or onion gravy.
Is it necessary to cover a meatloaf while it is baking?
It is not necessary to cover a meatloaf while it is baking, but doing so will help to keep the meatloaf moist and prevent it from drying out. If you do choose to cover it, use foil or a lid that fits snugly over the baking dish.
How long does it take to cook a meatloaf?
It takes about 1 hour to cook a meatloaf, or until the internal temperature of the meatloaf reaches 165°F (74°C). You should also check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer to ensure that the meatloaf is cooked through.
What is the best type of ground beef to use for a meatloaf?
The best type of ground beef to use for a meatloaf is 80/20 ground beef, which is 80% lean ground beef and 20% fat. This fat content ensures that the meatloaf is juicy and flavorful.
- Jamie Oliver Pearl Barley Soup
- Jamie Oliver Mushroom Soup With Rice
- Jamie Oliver Mushroom Soup No Cream
Jamie Oliver Meatloaf Recipe Nutrition Fact
- Calories: 340
- Total Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 6.6g
- Cholesterol: 111mg
- Sodium: 590mg
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Sugar: 4.5g
- Protein: 31g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Iron: 2mg