This Jamie Oliver Gazpacho Recipe is the greatest real, delicious, fresh tomato gazpacho recipe there is, and it can be made in as little as 15 minutes.
Try More Recipes From us:
- Jamie Oliver Chocolate Mandarin Cake
- Cauliflower Risotto Jamie Oliver
- Cheese And Onion Pie Jamie Oliver
Jamie Oliver Gazpacho Ingredients:
Gazpacho is the perfect summer soup due to the fact that all of the fresh ingredients are wonderfully in season at this time of year and there is no need to heat up your stove or oven to make it! Make use of a chopping board to get ready the necessary materials. The rest may be handled by your blender or food processor. The following ingredients are required for this recipe of homemade gazpacho:
- Tomatoes: Conventional gazpacho uses Roma tomatoes or what we call “branch tomatoes” in Spain (medium-sized, rounded, soft-skinned tomatoes grown on the vine). However, any fresh, ripe tomatoes would do. To make gazpacho, you don’t have to peel the tomatoes, but you should remove the cores (scoop out the white flesh and seeds).
- Cucumber: Peeled and seeded 6-inch Persian or Kirby cucumbers are a staple in Spanish cooking. In most cases, though, I will substitute half of an English cucumber. whatever serves you best!
- Green bell pepper: I have some Spanish acquaintances who insist that green bell peppers give gazpacho its true Spanish flavor. In any case, I would suggest that any bell pepper hue would work.
- Bread: Leftover white bread thickens and enhances real gazpacho. Friends here instructed us to remove crusts for better texture. To help the bread mix nicely, either combine the gazpacho, then insert the bread into the soup and let it sit for 10 minutes to soften, or soak the bread in water, ring it out, then add it to the broth and purée.
- Red onion: Half of a tiny peeled red onion.
- Garlic: Two medium-sized cloves of garlic, or one huge clove, is what I use.
- Olive oil: In many classic gazpacho recipes, olive oil plays a significant role. These days, however, Spanish cooks tend to use less oil in their soups in an effort to make them more healthful. Just 3 tablespoons are needed for this dish.
- Sherry vinegar: The region of Andalucia produces a lot of the world’s finest sherry. Moreover, the traditional ingredient in Spanish gazpacho is sherry vinegar (Vinagre de Jerez). But if you can’t locate sherry vinegar, you may use red vinegar instead.
- Ground cumin: Given its proximity to Morocco, it is often used as a seasoning in the cuisine of southern Spain. It’s perfect for this dish because of the delicate earthiness it imparts.
- Sea salt and black pepper: Essentials!
The following is a recipe for traditional tomato gazpacho, however, there are countless variations possible. You might:
- Add fruit: In Spain, crimson gazpacho is typically made with watermelon, cantaloupe, and strawberries.
- Add veggies: In addition to beets, zucchini, and maize, many recipes call for these ingredients.
- Add extra herbs: You may also throw in some fresh herbs like basil, rosemary, thyme, or chives if that sounds nice to you.
- Add spice: Since Spain generally avoids spicy foods, this is not a popular addition to gazpacho there. On the other hand, when I want a little more heat, I prefer to add a few slices of jalapeo or serrano to this dish.
How To Make Jamie Oliver Gazpacho Recipe
- In a blender or food processor, combine all of the ingredients.
- Puree the soup for 1 minute, or until it achieves the desired consistency.
- If necessary, season with more salt, pepper, and/or cumin.
- Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours, or until totally cold, in a sealed container.
- Garnish with chosen garnishes and serve cool.
What To Serve Gazpacho?
- Asiago Cheese Bread
- Baked Potato Casserole
- Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Corn Pudding
- Fried Lemon Caesar Salad
- Baja Chicken Tacos
- Lentil Salad
- Baked Rigatoni Cheesecake
- Parmesan Asparagus Salad
- Pot Pie
- Chopped Mexican Salad with Pepitas
Jamie Oliver Gazpacho Recipe
How To Store Gazpacho?
Leftover gazpacho may be stored in the fridge for up to three days or frozen for up to three months in an airtight container.
Try More Recipes:
- Chicken Lasagne Recipe Jamie Oliver
- Baked Salmon Lasagne Jamie Oliver
- Smoked Salmon Quiche Jamie Oliver
Jamie Oliver Gazpacho Recipe Nutrition Facts
Amount Per Serving
- Calories 243
- Total Fat 17g
- Saturated Fat 2.4g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 1599mg
- Potassium 931mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4g
- Sugars 13g
- Protein 4.1g
- Vitamin A 77%
- Vitamin C 422%
- Calcium 6%
- Iron 10%
Nutrition Facts Source: Source
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value *
- Saturated Fat 2.4g12%
Sodium 1599mg67%Potassium 931mg27%Total Carbohydrate 20g7%
- Dietary Fiber 4.4g18%
- Sugars 13g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.