Simple ingredients may be used to make Jamie Oliver’s Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup in a flash. This sweet corn soup is a nutritious, low-fat meal that can be made in about 20 minutes with little work. Instead of ordering takeout, this option is faster, healthier, and tastier.
I definitely recommend making this Chinese-style chicken and sweetcorn soup at home if you haven’t already. You won’t believe how easy it is to make this hearty soup.
Try More Recipes From us:
- Thai Red Curry Recipe Jamie Oliver
- Jamie Oliver Butternut Squash Soup With Coconut Milk
- Jamie Oliver Butternut Squash And Sweet Potato Soup
Why You Will Love This Soup:
- This dish can be prepared in a flash. You can have it on the table in about 20 minutes.
- Created with basic components that can be found in every kitchen.
- Warming, nourishing, and gratifying; also inexpensive!
- A healthy broth that can be enjoyed by the whole family.
Jamie Oliver Chicken And Sweetcorn Soup Ingredients
- Protein: Chicken breast is my go-to, but thighs, prawns, crab, or any other type of cooked chicken will work just as well in this dish. Using a knife, shave or dice the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Egg: In order to make the smooth egg ribbons in the soup, you will need two beaten eggs. Drop the eggs in slowly as the soup begins to thicken, and swirl gently in a circular motion to produce the desired smooth texture.
- Sweetcorn ( Corn Kernels ): Sweetcorn is one of my favorite things to add, whether it be fresh, canned, or frozen. A combination of crushed and whole sweetcorn seeds is required. If you need to use frozen corn, simply set them in a colander and pour water over them to defrost them.
- Vegetables: Carrots should be cut into little cubes, and spring onions should be carefully diced, for this soup. Simplicity is the key to a satisfying bowl of soup; more ingredients are unnecessary.
- The Soup Broth: As a soup foundation, you can use either homemade chicken stock/broth, vegetable stock, or chicken stock/broth purchased from a grocery shop. Chicken bouillon or stock cubes, or water, can be substituted for chicken broth in a pinch ( without Italian herbs and seasonings. )
- Cornstarch slurry: To get a thick, smooth consistency, combine some cornstarch and water.
- Seasonings: Simply add some freshly sliced garlic, some sesame oil, some white pepper, and enough salt to taste.
How To Make Jamie Oliver Chicken And Sweetcorn Soup
- To begin, dice the chicken and carrot into tiny dice. Chop the garlic cloves finely and mash 1/2 cup sweet corn with a knife or blender. Set aside spring onions and cut them into thin pieces.
- Pour the chicken stock into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Stir in the chopped garlic and chicken pieces and cook for 1-2 minutes before adding the carrot cubes, sweet corn, and mashed sweet corn. Simmer for 5-6 minutes with the lid closed.
- In a small dish, combine 2 tablespoons corn starch and 4 tablespoons water. 2 eggs, beaten and seasoned with salt
- Pour in the corn starch water and well mix. When the soup begins to thicken, slowly pour in the egg and gently whisk in the same circular motion. Season with salt, pepper, and sesame oil to taste. Remove from the fire and stir in the chopped spring onions.
- Make a taste test and add extra salt or pepper to your liking.
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with chopped spring onions.
- As a side, you may serve up to 4 people. Enjoy!
What To Serve With Chicken And Sweetcorn Soup?
- Chicken And Dumplings
- Mac And Cheese
- Shrimp Fajitas
- Sokolowskis Chicken Paprikash
- Hummus Tahina
- Baked Potato Casserole
- Zippys Garlic Miso Chicken
How To Store Chicken And Sweetcorn Soup Leftovers?
After the Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup has cooled to room temperature, store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
Can You Freeze Chicken And Sweetcorn Soup Leftovers?
When served immediately after being prepared, this Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup have the greatest flavor. It is not recommended to freeze it, but you may keep it in the refrigerator for up to a week if it is sealed tightly in an airtight container.
Heat the leftover Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup in a skillet over medium heat. To obtain an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit, heat for 5-10 minutes. Add extra stock if the soup is too thick. Serve right away and enjoy.
In The Microwave:
In An Air Fryer:
Air fry the Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup at 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius) until cooked through. Serve in an oven-safe ramekin and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
Jamie Oliver Chicken And Sweetcorn Soup Nutrition Facts
Amount Per Serving
- Calories 142.9
- Total Fat 3.5g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 108.2mg
- Sodium 505mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5g
- Sugars 3.7g
- Protein 9.9g
Nutrition Facts Source: Source
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 142.9
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 3.5g6%
- Saturated Fat 1g5%
- Cholesterol 108.2mg37%
- Sodium 505mg22%
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4g7%
- Dietary Fiber 1.5g6%
- Sugars 3.7g
- Protein 9.9g20%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.