Delicious and nutritious, Jamie Oliver’s Chicken and Mushroom Soup calls for entire chicken breasts to be cooked in a broth with various vegetables and rice. After it’s done cooking, shred the chicken and put it back in the pan.
Comfort food at its finest, Jamie Oliver’s Chicken and Mushroom Soup takes a few minutes to prepare and serve.
Try More Recipes From us:
- Raspberry Coulis Recipe Jamie Oliver
- Stilton Sauce For Steak Jamie Oliver
- Lamb Noisettes Recipe Jamie Oliver
Why You’ll Love This Soup:
- Everyone like chicken soup with rice and mushrooms; it’s a filling supper!
- This soup is not only inexpensive, but it is also really flexible!
- There’s no need to pre-cook the chicken, making it really simple.
- Soup is a terrific way to use up any leftover vegetables in the fridge.
- This dinner is nutritious and flavorful.
Jamie Oliver Chicken And Mushroom Soup Ingredients
- Soup base: The soup’s foundational ingredients are its most important flavoring component. Use chicken broth from a package, or prepare your own by boiling a whole chicken. To make your soup seem like it’s been boiling all day, add some basic seasonings. I find that a little poultry flavor works wonders.
- Chicken: Chicken breasts are cooked from raw in a seasoned broth till tender and then shredded. Also, the chicken fluids add flavor to the broth, so it’s a win-win. Whether using fresh or frozen breasts, it’s important to leave them uncut to prevent them from drying out.
- Vegetables: Chicken mushroom soup is delicious when made with a variety of mushrooms, including white or brown button mushrooms, crimini, baby portobellos, or sliced portobellos. The other tastes are enhanced by a mirepoix of sautéed onions, carrots, and celery. After that, throw in whichever vegetables you choose! Colorful and tasty options include peas, broccoli florets, green beans, and even maize.
- Rice: Simple white rice complements every meal. Chicken mushroom soup with brown rice, tiny macaroni, or barley adds more texture but takes longer to prepare.
How To Make Jamie Oliver Chicken And Mushroom Soup
- In a large soup pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Mix in the onion, carrots, celery, and mushrooms. Cook and stir for 5 minutes, or until the onion begins to soften.
- Cook until the garlic and spices are aromatic.
- Pour in the broth, uncooked chicken breasts, and rice. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, over medium-low heat (a simmer).
- Remove the chicken from the saucepan and shred it after 15 minutes.
- When the rice is tender, return the chicken to the pot and serve.
What To Serve With Chicken And Mushroom Soup?
- Macaroni Salad
- Potato Salad
- Bacchus Purple Salad Radish
- Fried Chicken
- Roasted Beet Salad
- Mac And Cheese
- Braided Bread
- Skillet Garlic Shrimp
How To Store Chicken And Mushroom Soup Leftovers?
The leftover chicken mushroom soup may be stored in the refrigerator for up to four days if it is placed in a container with a lid. Freeze individual servings in plastic bags with zippers for up to three months.
How To Reheat Chicken And Mushroom Soup Leftovers?
You can reheat your leftover Chicken And Mushroom Soup on the stove or in the microwave, stirring occasionally until heated through.
- Vegetarian Meatloaf Jamie Oliver
- Parmesan Crusted Fish Jamie Oliver
- Dauphinoise Potatoes Jamie Oliver
Jamie Oliver Chicken And Mushroom Soup Nutrition Facts
Amount Per Serving
- Calories 132
- Total Fat 9.2g
- Saturated Fat 2.4g
- Cholesterol 9.8mg
- Sodium 798mg
- Potassium 154mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g
- Protein 4.4g
- Vitamin A 23%
- Vitamin C 0%
- Calcium 2.3%
- Iron 4.9%
Nutrition Facts Source: Source
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 132
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 9.2g15%
- Saturated Fat 2.4g12%
- Cholesterol 9.8mg4%
- Sodium 798mg34%
- Potassium 154mg5%
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3g4%
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g1%
- Protein 4.4g9%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.