This cauliflower soup with Stilton cheese and walnuts is a great low-carb option from Jamie Oliver. Cauliflower adds a beautiful thickness to the soup, and the Stilton elevates the flavor. If Stilton isn’t your thing, try a sharp Cheddar.
Try More Recipes From us:
- Cheese And Onion Pie Jamie Oliver
- Chicken Lasagne Recipe Jamie Oliver
- Baked Salmon Lasagne Jamie Oliver
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s A Healthy And Delicious Option. Jamie Oliver’s Cauliflower Stilton Soup Recipe is a healthy and delicious option that can be enjoyed by everyone in the family. The soup is packed with nutrient-rich vegetables, like cauliflower, onions, and garlic, and is finished off with creamy and flavorful Stilton cheese.
- Easy To Make. This recipe is easy to make and can be on the table in under an hour. All you need is a few simple ingredients and some time. Plus, the soup can easily be customized to fit your tastes, so you can make it as spicy or mild as you would like.
- Perfect For Any Occasion. Whether you are looking for a light lunch or dinner, something to serve as a starter, or even a comforting bowl of soup on a cold day, Jamie Oliver’s Cauliflower Stilton Soup Recipe is perfect for any occasion. Plus, it’s sure to be a hit with everyone!
Jamie Oliver Cauliflower Stilton Soup Ingredients
- Onion. The onion acts as the base of the soup, providing a subtle sweetness and a depth of flavor. It is important to make sure the onion is chopped finely so that it cooks evenly and doesn’t overpower the other flavors in the soup.
- Garlic. The garlic adds a pungent, aromatic flavor to the soup. Make sure to peel and chop the garlic finely to ensure that it cooks evenly and doesn’t have any large pieces that can be overpowering.
- Coconut Oil. The coconut oil is used to sauté the onion and garlic. It can also add a subtle coconut flavor to the soup.
- Cauliflower. The cauliflower is the main ingredient in the soup and provides a mild, nutty flavor. It is important to trim the cauliflower and cut it into florets so that it cooks evenly and can be easily pureed.
- Walnuts. The chopped walnuts provide a crunchy texture and a nutty flavor to the soup. They add a nice contrast to the creamy cauliflower.
- Stilton Cheese. The crumbled Stilton Cheese provides a strong, salty, and tangy flavor to the soup. It is important to use good quality Stilton Cheese for best results.
- Stock. The stock is used to provide a liquid base for the soup and can be made from either chicken or vegetables. Using a good quality stock will enhance the overall flavor of the soup.
Which Cheese Is Best For Cauliflower Soup?
The only blue cheese option is stilton since there is none better. It’s rich and sour, like a punch to the taste buds, and I can’t get enough of it! Adding mild blue cheese to this soup, such as danish blue or gorgonzola, is a great idea. If blue cheese isn’t your thing, you may always substitute a strong cheddar.
Cauliflower may lack flavor when eaten raw, but it takes on a whole new depth when roasted. The caramelization of oil, salt, and pepper while roasting brings out the deliciously nutty and buttery flavors. Its velvety emulsification is the result of the soup’s exquisite thickness and creaminess, and its smooth texture makes it easy to purée.
Is This Cauliflower Stilton Soup Healthy?
This cauliflower Stilton soup can be considered a healthy option as it is low in calories and high in nutrients. Cauliflower is a good source of Vitamin C, Vitamin K, and dietary fiber. It is also low in carbohydrates and fat. Walnuts provide healthy fats and protein, and Stilton cheese, in small amounts, can add flavor and some calcium.
What Herbs Or Spices Go With Cauliflower Stilton Soup?
Herbs such as thyme, parsley, and chives can complement the flavors of cauliflower and Stilton cheese in this soup. Spices such as nutmeg, black pepper, and cayenne pepper can also add depth and warmth to the soup.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the coconut oil.
- Cook for 5 minutes, or until the onion and garlic are tenders.
- Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the cauliflower florets are tender.
- Bring the walnuts and stock to a boil in a saucepan. Simmer for 15 minutes, covered.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the Stilton cheese until smooth.
- Slurp, serve, and enjoy!
What To Serve With Cauliflower Stilton Soup?
- Bread Bowls. Bread bowls are the perfect vessel for this soup. Cut the top off a round loaf of bread and scoop out the inside. Fill the bread bowl with the soup and place the top back on. This provides a crunchy contrast to the creamy soup.
- Roasted Veggies. Roasted veggies like carrots, butternut squash, and potatoes bring sweetness and texture to the soup. They also add a pop of color and make the soup look more appetizing.
- Garlic Parmesan Croutons. Toasted croutons with garlic, Parmesan cheese, and herbs bring a savory crunch to the soup. They can be served on the side or placed on top of the soup.
- Bacon Bits. Bacon bits add a smoky, salty taste to the soup. They can be sprinkled on top of the soup or served on the side.
- Cheese Toasts. Toasted cheese toasts are a great accompaniment to this soup. Prepare them by topping a piece of toast with grated cheese and baking it in the oven until the cheese is melted and golden. The cheese toast will provide a crunchy, cheesy contrast to the soup.
How To Store Cauliflower Stilton Soup?
This Cauliflower Stilton Soup may be kept in the fridge for about four or five days in an airtight container. Use your best judgment, and if anything doesn’t seem right, trash it.
How To Reheat Cauliflower Stilton Soup?
Cauliflower Stilton Soup may be reheated in the microwave for a single serving, or heated in a pot on the stove for a larger gathering.
- Roasted Cauliflower And Red Pepper Soup. Roast a head of cauliflower and two red peppers until they are lightly charred. Puree the roasted vegetables with a blender and combine them with vegetable stock, crumbled Stilton cheese, and a pinch of nutmeg. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and croutons.
- Creamy Mashed Cauliflower Soup. Cook a head of cauliflower in vegetable stock until it is tender. Mash the cauliflower and combine it with crumbled Stilton cheese, a splash of cream, and a pinch of salt. Serve with a sprinkle of fresh parsley and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Curried Cauliflower Stilton Soup. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large pot and sauté a diced onion and carrot until they are softened. Stir in curry powder, vegetable stock, and a head of cauliflower. Simmer the soup until it is tender and add crumbled Stilton cheese and a pinch of nutmeg. Serve with a dollop of sour cream.
- Chilled Cauliflower And Gorgonzola Soup. Cook a head of cauliflower in vegetable stock until it is tender. Puree the cooked cauliflower and combine it with crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, a pinch of nutmeg, and a splash of cream. Refrigerate the soup until it is chilled and serve in chilled bowls with a sprinkle of fresh chives.
- Cauliflower And Gruyere Soup. Cook a head of cauliflower in vegetable stock until it is tender. Puree the cooked cauliflower and combine it with crumbled Gruyere cheese, a pinch of nutmeg, and a splash of cream. Serve with a sprinkle of fresh chives and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Roasted Garlic And Cauliflower Soup. Roast two heads of garlic until they are lightly charred. Puree the roasted garlic with a blender and combine it with vegetable stock, crumbled Stilton cheese, and a head of cauliflower. Simmer the soup until it is tender and serve with a dollop of sour cream and croutons.
How Do You Thicken Cauliflower Stilton Soup?
The soup can be thickened by pureeing some of the cooked cauliflower with an immersion blender or in a food processor before adding the Stilton cheese. Alternatively, you can add a small amount of cornstarch or flour to the soup to thicken it.
Can You Make Cauliflower Stilton Soup In A Crockpot?
Yes, you can make cauliflower Stilton soup in a crockpot. First, sauté the onion and garlic in a pan with the coconut oil, then transfer them to the crockpot along with the cauliflower, walnuts, and stock. Cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours, then puree the soup and stir in the crumbled Stilton cheese.
Is Cauliflower Stilton Soup Gluten-free?
This recipe for cauliflower Stilton soup is gluten-free as it does not contain any gluten-containing ingredients. However, it is always important to check the label of any packaged ingredients that you use to make sure they are gluten-free.
Jamie Oliver Cauliflower Stilton Soup Nutrition Facts
Amount Per Serving
- Calories 175
- Total Fat 13g
- Saturated Fat 8g
- Total Carbohydrate 6g
- Protein 6g
Nutrition Facts Source: Source
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 175
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 13g20%
- Saturated Fat 8g40%
- Total Carbohydrate 6g2%
- Protein 6g12%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.