Cauliflower and broccoli are the stars of Jamie Oliver’s hearty Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup, which also include a few carrots. It’s prepared with only the healthiest, most basic ingredients, but it tastes really luxurious.
Try More Recipes From us:
Jamie Oliver Cauliflower And Broccoli Soup Ingredients
- Broccoli. The main ingredient in this creamy soup. Broccoli is a great addition to the soup because of the vitamins C and K it contains as well as the fiber it provides.
- Cauliflower. Cauliflower enhances the soup’s texture and creaminess without being overpoweringly flavorful. It shares many of broccoli’s nutritional qualities, including an abundance of fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, and folate.
- Carrots. I’m always looking for ways to increase the vegetable content of my dishes, and carrots work well. They add a wonderful taste in addition to a wealth of healthy nutrients including vitamin A and potassium.
- Onion. As I learned when making Instant Pot Lentil Soup, caramelizing the onion beforehand adds depth of flavor to the soup.
- Milk. With the intention of making the soup thick, velvety, and buttery. You may use 2% or whole milk for a richer flavor.
- Thyme. Thyme’s earthy taste complements the soup’s other components.
- Dijon Mustard. The soup’s cheesy characteristics are roused and amplified.
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese. Oh, hello, deliciously cheesy awesomeness! The soup offers a showcase for the sharp cheddar’s robust taste.
- Parmesan or Nutritional Yeast. Salt adds flavor and depth to the soup, and either of these can be used. Because of its nutty and “cheesy” taste, nutritional yeast is a wonderful vegan substitute for Parmesan.
How To Make Jamie Oliver Cauliflower And Broccoli Soup?
- Heat the oil and butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat until the butter melts. Cook until the onion is very golden and tender, approximately 8 minutes (this develops big flavor so be patient). Turn the heat up to medium. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring periodically, after adding the carrots. Combine the garlic, salt, pepper, and thyme in a mixing bowl. Combine the flour and veggies in a mixing bowl.
- Cook for 2 minutes, or until the flour is gone. Stir in the broth slowly. Combine the milk, broccoli, and cauliflower in a mixing bowl. Bring to a boil. Cover the saucepan and leave it partially uncovered for approximately 15 minutes, or until the broccoli and cauliflower are cooked, stirring periodically.
- Mix in the Dijon mustard. Puree the soup with an immersion blender until it is thick and creamy but still has some texture. (Alternatively, pour a few scoops into a blender and purée in batches.) Hot liquids like to splash, so don’t fill your blender more than halfway). Incorporate the cheese. Continue stirring for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the soup is creamy. Season the soup with extra salt and pepper to taste. Ladle the chowder into bowls and serve warm, topped with more cheddar if preferred.
What To Serve With Cauliflower And Broccoli Soup?
- Fried Paneer Cheese Pakora
- Tgi Fridays Skillet Garlic Shrimp
- Creamy Mushroom Risotto
- Braided Bread
- Potato Gratin
- Corn Pudding
- Garlic Bread
- Baja Chicken Tacos
- Balsamic Roasted Butternut Squash
- Baked Rigatoni
- Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Roasted Broccoli Cauliflower Soup. Make my Cauliflower Chowder as written, only substitute broccoli for half of the cauliflower.
- Soup made of cauliflower, broccoli, and potatoes. To the carrots, toss 1 small Yukon gold potato, peeled and chopped.
- Vegan Broccoli Cauliflower Soup. Avoid cheddar and substitute almond milk, non-dairy butter, and nutritional yeast. The soup’s flavor won’t be as robust. Add a potato as suggested above, or use raw cashews as in this vegan Instant Pot Carrot Soup or this vegan Potato Leek Soup, for added thickness.
How To Store Cauliflower And Broccoli Soup?
You may keep leftover Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup in the fridge for up to 4 days if you store it in an airtight container. Cauliflower and broccoli soup may be frozen for up to three months if stored in an airtight container and frozen. Refrigerate overnight to defrost, then reheat as desired.
How To Reheat Cauliflower And Broccoli Soup?
Reheat the Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup in a Dutch oven on the stove over medium-low heat until it is at a comfortable serving temperature. This meal may be reheated in the microwave if you want.
Try More Recipes:
Jamie Oliver Cauliflower And Broccoli Soup Nutrition Facts
Amount Per Serving
- Calories 112.1
- Total Fat 1.1g
- Saturated Fat 0.3g
- Cholesterol 2mg
- Sodium 758.9mg
- Potassium 786.6mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8g
- Sugars 3.6g
- Protein 7.7g
- Vitamin A 24.6%
- Vitamin C 205.6%
- Calcium 11.6%
- Iron 8%
Nutrition Facts Source: Source
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 112.1
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 1.1g2%
- Saturated Fat 0.3g2%
- Cholesterol 2mg1%
- Sodium 758.9mg32%
- Potassium 786.6mg23%
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5g7%
- Dietary Fiber 5.8g24%
- Sugars 3.6g
- Protein 7.7g16%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.