Jamie Oliver BBQ Sweet Potato is a simple and nutritious side dish that pairs well with any meal. Prepare sweet potatoes on the grill and serve them with a variety of your preferred toppings and sauces.
Try More Recipes From us:
- Jamie Oliver Avocado Potato Salad
- Jamie Oliver Italian Tomato Soup
- Jamie Oliver Chinese Chicken Noodle Soup
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Delicious Taste. The Jamie Oliver BBQ Sweet Potato Recipe is packed full of flavors that will tantalize your taste buds. A combination of the sweetness of the sweet potatoes, the smokiness of the BBQ sauce, and the zesty flavor of the garlic and herbs make this recipe a real winner.
- Easy To Prepare. The Jamie Oliver BBQ Sweet Potato Recipe is incredibly easy to prepare. You can quickly throw together all of the ingredients, pop it in the oven, and leave it to do its thing. This makes it perfect for busy weeknight dinners or even Sunday barbecues.
- Nutritious. The Jamie Oliver BBQ Sweet Potato Recipe is also incredibly nutritious. Sweet potatoes are a great source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals, while the BBQ sauce is packed with protein. Together they make a delicious and healthy meal.
Jamie Oliver BBQ Sweet Potato Ingredients
- Sweet Potato. The sweet potato adds sweetness and texture to the BBQ sauce. When cooking sweet potatoes, make sure to cut them into even cubes so they cook evenly. It’s best to boil them in a pot of salted water for 10-15 minutes or until they are fork-tender.
- Olive Oil. Olive oil adds flavor and also helps to prevent the sweet potatoes from sticking to the pan. When cooking with olive oil, make sure to use an extra virgin variety and heat it on low-medium heat.
- Garlic. Garlic adds flavor and depth to the BBQ sauce. When preparing garlic, make sure to mince it finely or use a garlic press.
- Onion. Onion adds sweetness and flavor to the BBQ sauce. When preparing onions, make sure to chop them into small pieces so they cook evenly.
- Tomato Paste. Tomato paste is the base for this BBQ sauce. It adds a rich tomato flavor and helps to thicken the sauce. Make sure to use a high-quality tomato paste for the best results.
- Worcestershire Sauce. Worcestershire sauce adds a tangy flavor to the BBQ sauce and helps to bring out the sweetness of the sweet potatoes.
- Apple Cider Vinegar. Apple cider vinegar adds a bright acidity to the BBQ sauce and helps to balance out the sweetness of the sweet potatoes.
- Honey. Honey adds sweetness and helps to balance out the acidity of the apple cider vinegar.
- Smoked Paprika. Smoked paprika adds a smoky and sweet flavor to the BBQ sauce. Make sure to use high-quality smoked paprika for the best results.
- Chili Powder. Chili powder adds heat and a hint of smokiness to the BBQ sauce. Make sure to use high-quality chili powder for the best results.
- Cumin. Cumin adds a warm and earthy flavor to the BBQ sauce.
- Salt And Pepper. Salt and pepper are essential for seasoning the BBQ sauce. Make sure to taste as you go and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
Is Bbq Sweet Potato Healthy?
Yes, BBQ Sweet Potato Recipe is a healthy and nutritious dish. Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamins and minerals, such as beta-carotene, vitamin C, and iron, and they are also high in dietary fiber and low in calories. Additionally, sweet potatoes are a great source of healthy carbohydrates, making them a great choice for athletes and those looking to maintain a healthy diet.
Barbecue sauce can pair nicely with sweet potatoes as long as it is not too overpowering. Try a light, sweet, and smoky sauce such as a honey-based or brown sugar-based barbecue sauce. You could also try a mustard-based sauce or a spicy sauce to add some extra depth of flavor.
How To Make Jamie Oliver BBQ Sweet Potato
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are fork-tender.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the garlic and onion and cook until the onion is translucent about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, honey, smoked paprika, chili powder, and cumin. Stir to combine.
- Add the cooked sweet potatoes to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Serve warm.
What To Serve With BBQ Sweet Potato?
- Grilled Corn On The Cob. Grilled corn on the cob is a great side to serve with Jamie Oliver’s BBQ sweet potato dish. The sweetness of the corn and the smokiness of the BBQ will work wonderfully together, creating a balanced flavor profile.
- Avocado Salad. A colorful avocado salad is a great way to add a burst of freshness to the dish. The creamy avocado will contrast nicely with the smoky sweet potato and the tangy dressing will bring it all together.
- Slaw. Slaw is a classic side dish for any BBQ and it goes perfectly with Jamie Oliver’s sweet potato dish. The crunchy vegetables will contrast with the soft sweet potato and the light dressing will give the dish a bright flavor.
- Baked Beans. Baked beans are a great side dish for any BBQ and they work particularly well with Jamie Oliver’s BBQ sweet potato. The beans will add a touch of sweetness and a nice texture to the dish.
- Cornbread. Cornbread is a classic side dish for BBQ and it works wonderfully with Jamie Oliver’s BBQ sweet potato. The sweetness of the cornbread will pair nicely with the smokiness of the sweet potato, giving the dish a delicious balance of flavors.
How To Store Bbq Sweet Potato?
- In The Fridge. To store BBQ Sweet Potato, it should be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It can last for up to five days when stored in this way.
- In The Freezer. To freeze BBQ Sweet Potato, it can be placed in a freezer-safe container or individual portions can be wrapped in foil and then placed in a large freezer bag. It can be stored for up to three months when frozen.
- To Reheat. To reheat BBQ Sweet Potato, it can be microwaved or heated in a skillet with a small amount of oil. Alternatively, it can be placed in a preheated oven and cooked until heated through. When reheating, it is important to ensure that the sweet potato is cooked thoroughly.
What Herbs And Spices Can I Use In Bbq Sweet Potato?
Herbs and spices can be used to add flavor and texture to BBQ Sweet Potato Recipes. Try adding chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, thyme, rosemary, black pepper, and salt. Additionally, you could add some freshly chopped herbs such as cilantro, parsley, or chives to the dish for a fresh and vibrant flavor.
Can Bbq Sweet Potato Recipe Be Made In The Slow Cooker?
Yes, BBQ Sweet Potato Recipe can be made in the slow cooker with minimal effort. Start by peeling and cubing the sweet potatoes and adding them to the slow cooker with the other ingredients such as the sauce, herbs, and spices. Cook on low heat for 4-5 hours or on high heat for 2-3 hours.
Is Bbq Sweet Potato Recipe Gluten-free?
Yes, BBQ Sweet Potato can be made gluten-free, however, make sure to use a gluten-free barbecue sauce and check the labels on any other ingredients you are using to make sure they are gluten-free as well.
Does Cheese Go Well With Bbq Sweet Potatoes?
Yes, cheese can be a nice addition to BBQ Sweet Potato Recipes. Try adding some shredded sharp cheddar cheese or crumbled feta cheese to the dish for an extra layer of flavor.
- Jamie Oliver Chicken Minestrone Soup
- Jamie Oliver Chicken And Mushroom Soup
- Jamie Oliver Cauliflower And Broccoli Soup
BBQ Sweet Potato Jamie Oliver Nutrition Facts
Amount Per Serving
- Calories 103
- Total Fat 0.2g
- Saturated Fat 0.1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 41mg
- Potassium 542mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8g
- Sugars 7.4g
- Protein 2.3g
- Vitamin A 438%
- Vitamin C 37%
- Calcium 3.3%
- Iron 4.4%
Nutrition Facts Source: Source
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 103
- Calories from Fat 1.5
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 0.2g1%
- Saturated Fat 0.1g1%
- Sodium 41mg2%
- Potassium 542mg16%
- Total Carbohydrate 24g8%
- Dietary Fiber 3.8g16%
- Sugars 7.4g
- Protein 2.3g5%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.