I adore Jamie Oliver’s Avocado Egg Breakfast It’s the ideal way to start the day. If you’ve never tried baking avocado before, you should since it turns out to be a delicious dish that gets quite creamy when cooked. This meal is very substantial and may be offered as a vegetarian dinner option because it is sufficiently satisfying. And you can have it in less than a quarter of an hour!
Try More Recipes From us:
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Quick And Easy. This recipe is easy to follow and only requires a few simple steps. It can be prepared in just a few minutes, making it perfect for busy mornings.
- Nutritious. The combination of avocado and eggs provides a healthy, balanced breakfast that offers plenty of protein and healthy fats. This meal is also packed with important vitamins and minerals.
- Delicious. Jamie Oliver’s avocado egg breakfast is incredibly tasty, with the creamy texture of the avocado and the richness of the eggs. It’s a delicious and satisfying way to start the day.
Jamie Oliver Avocado Egg Breakfast Ingredients
In order to prepare an avocado egg bake, you will need only a few basic items. I am a huge fan of simple dishes that call for few ingredients. The recipe card that follows includes the precise measurements in their entirety. The following is an outline of the things that you will require:
- Avocado: Because they are creamier and contain far less water than other types, Haas avocados are my personal favorite type of avocado.
- Eggs: In general, I use large eggs, but for this recipe, I found that using smaller eggs worked out better since they were able to fit into the cavities of the avocado halves.
- To season: use coarse salt from a Kosher salt shaker, freshly ground black pepper, and dried crushed red pepper flakes.
- Fresh parsley: that has been chopped and used as a garnish.
Can You Make An Avocado Egg Breakfast Wrap With This Recipe?
Yes, you can make an avocado egg breakfast wrap with this recipe. The recipe calls for a large Haas avocado, ripe but firm, 2 eggs, ½ teaspoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt, divided, ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided, ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, and 1 tablespoon chopped parsley. These ingredients can be used to make an avocado egg breakfast wrap by mashing the avocado, cooking the eggs, and wrapping everything in a tortilla or wrap of your choice.
Can I Make An Avocado Egg Breakfast Ahead Of Time?
It is not recommended to make avocado egg breakfast ahead of time, because the avocado will brown and the eggs will not be as fresh. It is best to make avocado egg breakfast fresh and serve it immediately.
Haas avocado is the best for an avocado egg breakfast. They are a type of avocado that is known for their rich, creamy flavor and smooth texture, making them perfect for mashing and spreading on toast or a wrap. They are also available year-round, which makes them a convenient ingredient to use. They should be ripe but firm and not very soft, which ensures they will not become too mushy when mashed.
How To Make Jamie Oliver Avocado Egg Breakfast?
- Turn your oven’s temperature up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. In order to make cleaning simpler, line a baking dish with foil. Find a small baking dish that has a flat bottom and will allow the avocado halves to stand up straight when baked.
- Remove the pit from the avocado after cutting it in half lengthwise. Make a well in the center of each avocado half by removing a little portion of the flesh with a spoon. The well should be big enough to hold a medium-sized egg.
- Place the avocado halves, which have been seasoned with half of the kosher salt and the black pepper, into the baking dish that has been prepared.
- After cracking each egg into a separate dish, gently remove the yolk from each egg and place it, along with as much of the white as will fit, in the middle of each avocado half.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until the egg whites are firm. During the baking process, if the egg yolks have formed a thin crust, you may gently separate it from the egg yolks using a tiny, sharp knife.
- The avocado egg should be seasoned with the rest of the kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes, and it should be garnished with chopped parsley. Immediately serve after cooking.
What To Serve With Avocado Egg Breakfast?
- Toast. Toast is a great accompaniment to an avocado egg breakfast. It provides a crunchy base for creamy eggs and avocado. The crunch of the toast helps to contrast the softness of the eggs and avocado, making the dish more enjoyable.
- Bacon. Bacon adds a salty, smoky flavor to the avocado egg breakfast. It also adds a nice crunchy texture that pairs well with the creamy eggs and avocado.
- Tomatoes. Tomatoes are a great addition to an avocado egg breakfast. They provide a sweet and acidic flavor that helps to balance out the richness of the eggs and avocado.
- Spinach. Spinach is a nutrient-rich vegetable that pairs well with an avocado egg breakfast. It adds a nice crunch to the dish and its earthy flavor helps to contrast the creamy texture of the eggs and avocado.
- Cheese. Cheese is a great addition to an avocado egg breakfast. It adds a nice salty flavor and a creamy texture that pairs well with the eggs and avocado. Plus, it helps to bind the dish together and make it even more filling.
How To Store Avocado Egg Breakfast?
After cooking, you have one week to use or consume the Avocado Egg Breakfast in the fridge, either in its shell or peeled. You can use it any way you like: in the shell, peeled, or both.
How To Reheat Avocado Egg Breakfast?
Reheat the Avocado Egg Breakfast for three to five minutes after preheating the air fryer to 320 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately two minutes. It is possible that you may need to flip them over in order to ensure that they reheat evenly. Additionally, you will need to keep an eye on them while they are warming to ensure that they do not become overdone.
- When following this recipe, it is recommended that you use an avocado that is large in size, not overly ripe, and at room temperature. When you remove some of the avocado’s flesh to make room for the egg, create a cavity that is broad and shallow rather than one that is deep. This will help guarantee that the egg white is cooked uniformly.
- If you have large eggs, it is ideal to separate the yolks from the whites, slip the yolk into the hollow first, and then pour just enough of the whites to cover the cavity. If your eggs are little, it is better to keep the yolks and whites together.
- After 15 minutes in the oven, the egg yolk will occasionally form a thin crust that is not particularly appetizing. When this occurs, I take a tiny, sharp knife and peel the thin crust from the apple in a very delicate manner.
Can Avocado Be Cooked?
Yes! You can prepare an avocado, which results in a flavorful dish. The concept might not seem appetizing; I know that, when I first heard it, my initial reaction was one of skepticism. However, baking avocado results in a texture that is extraordinarily smooth and velvety. In addition to that, it improves the flavor. For instance, these amazing avocado fries are a great example.
Try More Recipes:
- Broccoli And Stilton Soup Jamie Oliver
- Raspberry Coulis Recipe Jamie Oliver
- Stilton Sauce For Steak Jamie Oliver
Jamie Oliver Avocado Egg Breakfast Nutrition Facts
Amount Per Serving
- Calories 214
- Total Fat 18g
- Saturated Fat 3.5g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 208mg
- Sodium 380mg
- Potassium 426mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7g
- Sugars 0.4g
- Protein 8.4g
- Vitamin A 8.1%
- Vitamin C 10%
- Calcium 3.2%
- Iron 8%
Nutrition Facts Source: Source
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 214
- Calories from Fat 163
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 18g28%
- Saturated Fat 3.5g18%
- Cholesterol 208mg70%
- Sodium 380mg16%
- Potassium 426mg13%
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5g3%
- Dietary Fiber 4.7g19%
- Sugars 0.4g
- Protein 8.4g17%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.