The Jamie Oliver 5 Ingredients Tomato Soup is a rich and savory soup that can be made with very little effort. This hearty soup is perfect for meal prepping and can be made quickly on the stovetop. Moreover, it complements grilled cheese sandwiches wonderfully.
Try More Recipes From us:
Ingredients Needed For Jamie Oliver 5 Ingredients Tomato Soup:
- Canned crushed tomatoes: My favorite sort to buy is the fire-roasted variety. Adds quick taste. Whole, peeled tomatoes from a can are another option.
- Vegetable broth: There’s no need to stick to a vegetarian diet if you have chicken broth on hand. The flavor of the broth is enhanced in comparison to plain water. But if you’re out of other options, water will do in a pinch.
- Onions: The taste will be greatly enhanced if you chop up a huge white onion. For this reason, I do not advocate the use of onion powder in place of fresh onions. Since you will be combining the ingredients together, precise chopping is unnecessary.
- Butter: Even though it seems like a lot, using three tablespoons is what gives the tomato soup its velvety smooth texture. Those who are vegan or who choose to avoid animal products can substitute olive oil or vegan butter for the animal butter called for in the recipe.
- Garlic: The soup will taste much better if you include fresh garlic in it. Alternatively, you may use frozen garlic. I would not suggest adding garlic powder for the same reason that I would not suggest using onions.
How To Make Jamie Oliver 5 Ingredients Tomato Soup
- Melt the butter and onions in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the onions soften. Sauté the garlic until it is fragrant.
- Bring the crushed tomatoes and vegetable broth to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Blend the soup with an immersion blender until it is smooth and uniform.
- Serve the Tomato Soup in bowls with your favorite grilled cheese sandwich!
What To Serve With Tomato Soup?
- Potato Salad
- Bacon sandwich
- Macaroni Salad
- Cheese and onion sandwich
- Purple Salad Radish
- Mozzarella dippers
- Roasted Beet Salad
- Cheese and bacon scones
Can I Use The Instant Pot To Make Tomato Soup?
In a word, yes. Add everything to the instant pot except for 1 cup of broth because no liquid will evaporate while the pot is sealed. You may adjust the fluid level to your taste.
How To Store Tomato Soup?
When the Tomato Soup is done cooking, let it cool to room temperature before storing it in the refrigerator. You may store it in the fridge for up to 4 days and reheat it in the oven or microwave when you’re ready to eat again.
Can You Freeze Tomato Soup?
You may safely freeze this Tomato Soup for up to three months. Since the soup will expand as it freezes, make sure there is enough headroom in the container. The soup should be refrigerated overnight or left out at room temperature for a few hours before being reheated.
In order to reheat your tomato soup, place it in a pot and reheat it over low heat, stirring it occasionally. If the soup has become more substantial, then some additional water should be added.
- Use high-quality ingredients. Because there are just five ingredients in this tomato soup, each one is essential. This necessitates the use of high-quality stock, savory canned tomatoes (fire roasted are my fave!), crisp onions, fragrant garlic, and simple butter.
- When blending the soup, use an immersion blender. This is the simplest method for making it silky smooth. It’s also possible to transfer the soup to a stand blender in increments. Be wary, though, because the tomato soup is likely to be rather spicy.
- Chop the ingredients finely if you’re not blending. Traditional tomato soup is often pureed until silky smooth and creamy. However, you may leave it chunky if you don’t have access to a blender.
- Swap in some fresh tomatoes if you want. You may use fresh tomatoes if you like, but I wouldn’t recommend them. You may use 4 cups of fresh chopped tomatoes for the 28 ounces of crushed tomatoes. If you’re using fresh tomatoes, you should also purée them.
Try More Recipes:
Jamie Oliver 5 Ingredients Tomato Soup Nutrition Facts
Amount Per Serving
Nutrition Facts Source: Source
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 170
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 1.1g2%
- Sodium 910mg38%
- Potassium 1342mg39%
- Total Carbohydrate 36g12%
- Dietary Fiber 2.6g11%
- Sugars 20g
- Protein 3.5g8%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.