Ina Garten, also known as the Barefoot Contessa, is a beloved chef, author, and television personality. With her warm and approachable style, she has inspired home cooks around the world to embrace the pleasures of cooking and entertaining. One of her most popular recipes is for sausage balls, a classic appetizer that is perfect for any occasion.
In this article, we will take a closer look at Ina Garten Sausage Balls, and explore some tips and variations that will help you create a delicious and memorable dish that your friends and family will love. Whether you’re planning a party, a holiday gathering, or just a cozy night in, Ina’s sausage balls are sure to be a hit!
More Recipes From us:
💓 Why You’ll Love This Ina Garten Sausage Balls
There are many reasons why you’ll love Ina Garten’s sausage balls recipe. Here are just a few:
- They are incredibly easy to make. With only a few ingredients and a little bit of mixing, you can have a batch of sausage balls ready to go in no time.
- They are versatile. Sausage balls are a classic appetizer that can be served at almost any occasion, from game day parties to holiday gatherings to family dinners. They can also be made in advance and reheated, making them a convenient option for busy hosts.
- They are delicious. With a savory blend of sausage, cheddar cheese, and biscuit mix, these sausage balls are packed with flavor and are sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
- They are customizable. Ina’s recipe can be adapted to suit your tastes and dietary needs. You can use hot or mild sausage, switch up the cheese, or even add in some herbs or spices to give the sausage balls an extra kick.
Overall, Ina Garten’s sausage balls are a simple yet delicious appetizer that will become a staple in your recipe collection. Whether you’re entertaining guests or just want a quick and easy snack, these sausage balls are sure to satisfy.
What Are Ina Garten Sausage Balls Recipe?
Ina Garten’s sausage balls recipe is quite simple and only requires a few ingredients. You will need one pound of ground pork sausage, one and a quarter cups of grated sharp cheddar cheese, one cup of plain dry bread crumbs, one teaspoon of garlic powder and one teaspoon of dried sage. Simply mix all of the ingredients together and form the mixture into small balls. Bake the sausage balls in a preheated 350-degree oven for 20 minutes or until they are golden brown. Serve the sausage balls warm.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage (mild or hot)
- 10 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups all-purpose baking mix (such as Bisquick)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed (optional)
🔪How To Make Ina Garten Sausage Balls
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pork sausage, grated cheddar cheese, all-purpose baking mix, grated parmesan cheese, and dried rosemary (if using). Mix well to combine.
- Add the milk to the mixture and stir until a soft dough forms.
- Use your hands to shape the dough into small balls, about 1 inch in diameter.
- Place the sausage balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake the sausage balls for 20-25 minutes, or until they are golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve the sausage balls warm with your favorite dipping sauce, if desired.
Here are some recipe tips to help you make the most delicious and perfect Ina Garten sausage balls:
By following these tips, you can make delicious Ina Garten sausage balls that are sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
⏱ How Long To Cook Sausage Balls?
The cooking time for sausage balls can vary depending on the size of the balls and the cooking method used. Here are some guidelines for cooking sausage balls in different ways:
- Baking in the oven: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the sausage balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Cooking in an air fryer: Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the sausage balls in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook for 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Frying in oil: Heat 1-2 inches of oil in a deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the sausage balls in batches, being careful not to overcrowd the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
It’s important to make sure that the sausage balls are cooked through and no longer pink in the center before serving. To be sure, you can use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the sausage balls. They should reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
🍴 What To Serve With Sausage Balls?
Ina Garten’s sausage balls are a versatile appetizer that can be served on their own or with a variety of dipping sauces and sides. Here are some ideas for what to serve with sausage balls:
- Dipping sauces: Sausage balls are delicious on their own, but they’re even better with a dipping sauce. Some popular options include ranch dressing, honey mustard, barbecue sauce, and hot sauce.
- Crudité: Serve a platter of fresh vegetables such as carrots, celery, cucumbers, and cherry tomatoes alongside the sausage balls for a refreshing and healthy contrast.
- Cheese platter: Since sausage balls already contain cheese, why not add more? Serve a cheese platter with a variety of cheeses and crackers.
- Fruit platter: A platter of fresh fruit such as strawberries, grapes, and pineapple can balance out the savory flavors of the sausage balls.
- Chips and salsa: If you’re looking for something easy and casual, serve a bowl of tortilla chips and salsa alongside the sausage balls.
- Salad: A simple green salad with a light dressing can provide a refreshing and healthy complement to the rich flavors of the sausage balls.
By serving sausage balls with a variety of complementary dishes, you can create a well-rounded and satisfying appetizer spread that is sure to impress your guests.
🥶 How To Store Leftovers
If you have leftover sausage balls, you can store them in several ways:
🌡️ How To Reheat Leftovers
There are several ways to reheat leftover sausage balls:
- Oven: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the sausage balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until heated through and crispy.
- Microwave: Place the sausage balls on a microwave-safe plate and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave on high for 30-60 seconds, or until heated through.
- Air fryer: Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the sausage balls in the air fryer basket and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until heated through and crispy.
It’s important to make sure the sausage balls are heated through to an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit before serving. To be sure, you can use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the sausage balls. Reheating sausage balls in the oven or air fryer will help to maintain their crispy texture, while microwaving may make them slightly softer. Choose the reheating method that works best for you based on your preferred texture and convenience.
Can I make these sausage balls ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the sausage balls ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to serve.
Can I use a different type of cheese for this recipe?
Yes, you can use a different type of shredded cheese, such as cheddar or Monterey Jack, for this recipe.
Can I make these sausage balls spicy?
Yes, you can add spices such as cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes to the sausage mixture to make them spicy.
Can I use a different type of meat, such as chicken or beef, instead of sausage?
Yes, you can use ground chicken or beef instead of sausage, but you may need to add more seasonings and spices to the mixture to compensate for the lack of flavor from the sausage.
Try More Recipes: