Ina Garten’s Lobster Tail recipe is a luxurious and decadent dish that is perfect for special occasions. This dish features succulent lobster meat bathed in a delicious mixture of butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, parsley, basil, salt, and pepper. So why wait? Try Ina Garten’s Lobster Tail recipe today and elevate your dining experience to the next level!
How Do You Prepare Lobster Tails Before Cooking?
- Thaw the lobster tails: If your tails are frozen, it’s best to thaw them in the refrigerator overnight or by running them under cold water for a few minutes.
- Remove the meat from the shell: Using kitchen shears or a sharp knife, cut down the back of the tail and gently remove the meat from the shell, keeping the tail fan intact.
- Clean and devein: Rinse the lobster meat under cold running water to remove any dirt or debris. If desired, use a small knife to remove the intestinal vein that runs down the center of the tail.
- Pat the lobster meat dry: Use paper towels to gently pat the lobster meat dry to remove any excess moisture. This will help the lobster to cook evenly and absorb flavors.
Ina Garten Lobster Tail Recipe Ingredients
- 4 (1 1/4-pound) live lobsters
- 2 lemons, halved
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
How To Make Ina Garten Lobster Tail
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Boil the lobsters in a large pot of boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes, or until they are just cooked through. Remove the lobsters from the pot and let them cool.
- Remove the meat from the tail and claws and cut it into large pieces. Place the meat on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, parsley, basil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Spoon the butter mixture over the lobster meat. Squeeze the lemon halves over the top.
- Roast the lobsters for 10-12 minutes, or until they are heated through and the butter is sizzling. Serve hot.
How Do You Know When Lobster Tail Is Cooked Enough?
To check if your lobster tail is fully cooked, you can evaluate its internal temperature, appearance, and texture, or use the split tail method. The internal temperature should reach 145°F (63°C).
The lobster meat should be opaque and pearly white in appearance, firm but not tough in texture, and easily pulled from the shell when using the split tail method.
For the most accurate results, it is recommended to use a meat thermometer.
How To Store Leftovers
Leftover Ina Garten’s Lobster Tail can be stored in both the refrigerator and the freezer for later enjoyment.
- In The Fridge: To store the dish in the refrigerator, place the cooled lobster meat in an airtight container and cover it with any remaining butter mixture. The lobster will stay fresh for up to 2 days in the refrigerator.
- In The Freezer: To store the lobster in the freezer, transfer the cooled lobster meat to an airtight container or freezer-safe plastic bag, cover it with the butter mixture, and freeze for up to 3 months.
How To Reheat Leftovers Lobster Tail
Reheating Ina Garten’s Lobster Tail is easy and can be done in the oven or the microwave:
When reheating, be careful not to overcook the delicate lobster meat.
What To Serve With Ina Garten Lobster Tail
Ina Garten’s Lobster Tail is a luxurious dish that is best served with complementary sides that enhance its flavors and textures. Some popular options include:
- Rice or pasta: Serve the lobster over a bed of steaming white rice or pasta to absorb the delicious butter sauce.
- Vegetables: Roasted or steamed vegetables such as asparagus, broccoli, or green beans make a healthy and flavorful side dish.
- Salad: A crisp green salad with a light vinaigrette dressing provides a refreshing contrast to the rich lobster.
- Bread: A crusty baguette or dinner roll is the perfect vehicle for mopping up the butter sauce from your plate.
Learn More About the Best Side Dishes For Lobster Tails.
Can I Use Frozen Lobster Tails
Yes, it is possible to use frozen lobster tails in Ina Garten’s recipe. Proper thawing is crucial to ensure even cooking and enhance the flavors. To thaw, place frozen lobster tails in the refrigerator overnight or under cold water for a few minutes.
Remember to pat the tails dry to remove any excess moisture before cooking.
Do You Wash Lobster Tail Before Cooking?
No, it is not recommended to wash lobster tail before cooking. Washing lobster tail can remove the natural flavors and juices, making the meat less flavorful and tender.
How Long Do You Cook A 4 Oz Lobster Tail?
For the Ina Garten Lobster Tail Recipe, the cooking time for a 4 oz tail is typically 12-15 minutes in the oven. Learn More About Lobster Tail Cooking Time.
Ina Garten Lobster Tail Nutrition Facts
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||0 g|