A traditional Italian dish, Chicken Alfredo by Ina Garten’s recipe is warm and comforting. This dish is great for a quiet night in or to serve guests. It has pasta, chicken, and a rich Alfredo sauce. Chicken Alfredo, like Ina’s, is a terrific alternative for a quick and tasty meal because it is simple to prepare and the homemade Alfredo sauce only takes a few minutes to prepare. This recipe will become a go-to in your kitchen if you enjoy Italian food or just a tasty plate of pasta.
More Recipes From us:
💓 Why You’ll Love This Ina Garten Chicken Alfredo
The following are just a few of the reasons why you’ll adore Ina Garten’s Chicken Alfredo:
- Simple to prepare: Even a beginner cook can master this recipe because to its few ingredients and clear instructions.
- Creamy and indulgent: The homemade Alfredo sauce is the perfect comfort food since it is rich, creamy, and delicious.
- Versatile: The dish is adaptable in that you may change up the vegetables, the type of pasta, and the protein (chicken, shrimp, etc.) to suit your tastes.
- Great for entertaining: This dish may be readily adjusted to serve a smaller or larger group, making it ideal for hosting parties.
- Leftover potential: If you have leftovers, you may reheat this recipe and have it for lunch or dinner the next day.
- Created with all-new components: Ina Garten is known for her delicious dishes, and this Chicken Alfredo is no exception. There is no comparison between using pre-packaged components and making your own from scratch with fresh herbs and premium Parmesan cheese.
If you’re looking for a crowd-pleasing meal that’s appropriate for company or a quiet night in, go no farther than Ina Garten’s Chicken Alfredo.
What Is Ina Garten Chicken Alfredo Recipe?
The Chicken Alfredo Recipe from Ina Garten is a time-honored Italian favorite. Chicken, mushrooms, and spinach are combined with al dente fettuccine noodles in a cheesy Parmesan and garlic Alfredo sauce. Parmesan cheese, fresh parsley, and lemon zest are added as garnishes.
- 1 pound dried fettuccine pasta
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
🔪How To Make Chicken Alfredo
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the fettuccine pasta and cook according to package instructions until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, season the chicken breasts with salt and black pepper. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken breasts and cook for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing it into thin strips.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low and add the grated Parmesan cheese, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Drain the cooked pasta and add it to the skillet with the Alfredo sauce. Add the sliced chicken, chopped parsley, and grated nutmeg, and toss everything together until well combined.
- Serve the chicken Alfredo hot, garnished with extra Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
Some helpful hints for cooking the perfect Ina Garten Chicken Alfredo are provided below.
- Utilize only the freshest ingredients; in all of Ina Garten’s recipes, including this Chicken Alfredo, she stresses the importance of using only the freshest ingredients. To enhance the dish’s flavor, use freshly grated Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, and a pinch of ground nutmeg.
- Make sure the chicken is cooked all the way through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit (74 degrees Celsius). To further shorten the preparation time, you can use previously cooked chicken.
- Pasta is at its best when prepared al dente, or with a slight bite still present.
- Do not drain all of the pasta water; set aside some of the cooking liquid. If the sauce is excessively heavy, you can dilute it with this water.
- Slowly pour in the grated Parmesan cheese, stirring regularly so that it melts into the sauce without clumping.
- Grated nutmeg should be added to the sauce at the very last because it is a delicate spice that may easily dominate the other tastes if applied too early.
- Using fresh herbs as a garnish adds a burst of flavor and color to the final product.
🍴 What To Serve With Chicken Alfredo?
To complement Ina Garten’s Chicken Alfredo, try these salads, soups, and dips:
- A fresh take on the classic salad, with a homemade dressing.
- Caprese salad, using tomato and fresh mozzarella
- Citrus-dressed arugula salad with shaved Parmesan
- Minestrone is a bean and vegetable soup.
- Tomato soup with melted cheese and toasted bread
- Soup made with chicken broth, veggies, and herbs from the garden.
These sides are all easy to prepare and can be served alongside the Chicken Alfredo for a complete and satisfying meal.
🥶 How To Store Leftovers
Some suggestions for preserving leftover Ina Garten Chicken Alfredo:
- Refrigerate: Cool the chicken Alfredo to room temperature before storing it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Freeze: Save them for later use by freezing them if you have a lot of leftovers. When the chicken Alfredo has cooled to the point that it can be frozen, place it in a resealable container or bag. Put in the freezer for up to three months.
- Portion and freeze: Divide the chicken Alfredo into separate servings before freezing it to make reheating it a breeze. Freeze individual portions for up to three months in resealable plastic bags. By doing so, you may thaw exactly what you need for each meal without wasting food.
- Use freezer-safe containers: If you choose not to use bags but rather freezer-safe containers, be sure to clearly label them with the date and the contents. For proper expansion as the food freezes, make sure there is adequate headroom in the container.
Follow these guidelines for storing Ina Garten’s Chicken Alfredo and you’ll have leftovers for days.
Reheat your leftover Ina Garten Chicken Alfredo in one of these three ways:
- Microwave: To prepare chicken Alfredo in the microwave, place the necessary amount in a microwave-safe dish and cover with a lid or damp paper towel. For best results, heat on high for 1-2 minutes, stir, then repeat every 30 seconds until hot.
- Stovetop: To reheat chicken Alfredo on the stovetop, simply heat the necessary amount in a skillet and keep stirring over low heat to prevent sticking. Add a little milk or cream if the sauce is too thick for your liking.
- Oven: Prepare a 350F (175C) oven temperature. Place the covered chicken Alfredo dish in the oven. Heat in oven for about 15 minutes. Add a little milk or cream if the sauce is too thick for your liking.
Always make sure the chicken Alfredo is heated evenly by stirring it regularly, no matter what method you use to prepare it. If, after reheating, the sauce still seems too thick, you can thin it out by adding some liquid (such milk or cream). Because of this, the consistency can be loosened and made creamy again.
What is the difference between chicken alfredo and fettuccine Alfredo?
Chicken Alfredo is a dish that is commonly served with fettuccine as the pasta of choice, chicken, and Alfredo sauce. Pasta, butter, and Parmesan cheese are the three main ingredients of the meal known as “fettuccine Alfredo.”
Is Alfredo and carbonara the same?
No, carbonara and Alfredo are not the same thing at all. Whereas carbonara is an Italian pasta dish made with eggs, Parmesan cheese, bacon, and black pepper, Alfredo sauce is a white sauce that is made with butter, cream, garlic, and Parmesan cheese.
What makes chicken alfredo better?
To boost the dish’s flavor and texture, throw in some bell peppers, mushrooms, or spinach. For an added kick, sprinkle over some red pepper flakes or freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Smoky flavor can also be achieved by including cooked bacon or sausage in the recipe.
How Long Should I Bake chicken alfredo?
Cooking time for chicken Alfredo in the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit is normally between 25 and 30 minutes.
Should I rost Chicken For Chicken Alfredo?
Chicken Alfredo is improved by roasting the chicken, which also adds texture. Both the oven and the grill would work well for this. To roast the chicken in the oven, set the temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and season it with salt and pepper. The chicken should be baked for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Ina Garten Chicken Alfredo Nutrition Fact
- Calories: 560
- Total Fat: 32 g
- Saturated Fat: 18 g
- Cholesterol: 180 mg
- Sodium: 800 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 33 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2 g
- Sugars: 2 g
- Protein: 34 g
- Vitamin A: 20%
- Vitamin C: 2%
- Calcium: 25%
- Iron: 6%