This cheesy, creamy, and oh-so-delicious cheese ball from Ina Garten is the perfect appetizer for any gathering. With a few simple ingredients and a few minutes of prep time, you’ll have a delicious, crowd-pleasing dish that everyone will love. With its bold flavors and creamy texture, this Ina Garten Cheese Ball is sure to be a hit at your next party. Serve it with crackers, chips, or veggies, and get ready to watch it disappear!
More Recipes From us:
- Pioneer Woman Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
- Pioneer Woman Goat Cheese Balls
- Olive Cheese Balls Pioneer Woman
💓 Why You’ll Love This Ina Garten Cheese Ball
- Delicious flavor: Ina Garten’s cheese ball recipe is a combination of cream cheese, sharp cheddar, and other savory ingredients that result in a creamy, flavorful cheese ball.
- Versatility: Cheese balls are a versatile party appetizer that can be served with crackers, vegetables, or chips.
- Easy to make: This recipe is relatively easy to make and requires only a few ingredients. It is a great option for anyone who wants to make a tasty appetizer without a lot of fuss.
- Make-ahead: This cheese ball can be made ahead of time, so it’s a great option for anyone who wants to prepare for a party or gathering in advance.
- Crowd-pleaser: Cheese balls are generally a crowd-pleaser, and this recipe is no exception. It’s sure to be a hit at your next party or gathering.
What Is Ina Garten Cheese Ball Recipe?
Ina Garten’s cheese ball recipe is a classic appetizer that is made with cream cheese, chopped herbs, garlic, salt and pepper, Worcestershire sauce, cheddar cheese, and chopped pecans. It is mixed together, rolled into a ball, and chilled before being rolled in more chopped pecans before serving.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions (white and green parts)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
🔪How To Make Ina Garten Cheese Ball
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper, and mix on low speed until well combined.
- Add the scallions, parsley, and dill, and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- Form the mixture into a ball, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until firm.
- Before serving, roll the cheese ball in the toasted pecans, pressing lightly to adhere.
- Serve with crackers, vegetables, or chips.
Here are some recipe tips to help you make the most of Ina Garten’s cheese ball recipe:
- Use room temperature cream cheese: For the cream cheese to blend well with the other ingredients, it’s important to make sure it’s at room temperature before you begin.
- Grate the cheddar cheese yourself: Pre-shredded cheese often contains anti-caking agents that can affect the texture of the cheese ball. To get the best results, grate the cheddar cheese yourself.
- Toast the pecans: To give the cheese ball a nice crunch and to bring out the nutty flavor of the pecans, be sure to toast them before rolling the cheese ball in them.
- Adjust the seasoning: If you prefer a spicier cheese ball, you can increase the amount of cayenne pepper in the recipe. Alternatively, if you’re not a fan of spice, you can reduce or omit the cayenne pepper altogether.
- Customize the herbs: Ina Garten’s recipe calls for scallions, parsley, and dill, but you can also use other herbs like thyme, rosemary, or basil, depending on your preferences.
⏱ How Long To Cook Cheese Ball?
Ina Garten’s cheese ball recipe is a no-cook recipe, so there’s no need to bake or cook it. Once the cheese ball mixture is mixed together, it just needs to be chilled in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or until firm.
Here are some different ways to serve the cheese ball:
- Rolled in chopped nuts: After the cheese ball has chilled and firmed up, it can be rolled in chopped nuts, like pecans, almonds, or walnuts. This adds a nice crunch and flavor to the cheese ball.
- Coated with herbs or spices: Instead of nuts, the cheese ball can also be rolled in chopped herbs or spices, like parsley, chives, or smoked paprika. This adds a pop of color and flavor to the cheese ball.
- Molded into a festive shape: To make the cheese ball look even more festive, you can mold it into a fun shape, like a pumpkin, tree, or wreath, depending on the occasion.
No matter how you serve it, the cheese ball should be kept chilled until ready to serve.
🍴 What To Serve With Cheese Ball?
Cheese balls are a classic appetizer that can be served with a variety of crackers, vegetables, or chips. Here are some suggestions for what to serve with your cheese ball:
- Crackers: A classic option for serving with a cheese ball is a variety of crackers, such as wheat crackers, water crackers, or buttery crackers.
- Vegetables: For a healthier option, you can serve the cheese ball with a variety of vegetables, such as carrot sticks, celery, cherry tomatoes, or bell pepper strips.
- Chips: Tortilla chips, potato chips, or pita chips also work well as dippers for a cheese ball.
- Bread: Sliced baguette or crostini can be a great option for serving with a cheese ball, especially if you want to add a bit of texture to your spread.
- Fruit: Depending on the type of cheese ball you make, certain fruits can be a great complement to the flavors. For example, a cheese ball made with blue cheese and walnuts could be served with sliced apples or pears.
- Nuts: If your cheese ball is coated with chopped nuts, you can also serve additional nuts on the side, like almonds, cashews, or pistachios.
No matter what you serve with your cheese ball, make sure to have a variety of options to cater to different tastes and dietary preferences.
🥶 How To Store Leftovers
If you have leftover cheese ball, it’s important to store it properly to maintain its flavor and texture. Here are some different ways to store leftover cheese ball:
No matter how you store your leftover cheese ball, it’s important to keep it refrigerated or frozen until you’re ready to serve it again. Leftover cheese ball should be consumed within 3-5 days of being made.
🌡️ How To Reheat Leftovers
It is customary to serve the Ina Garten Cheese Ball chilled, but if you’d like to serve it warm, consider the following options.
- Get your oven ready by preheating it to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). The cheese ball should be baked for about 15 minutes, or until it is hot and melty. If you heat the cheese ball for too long, it will lose its shape and become unusable.
- Melt the cheese ball in the microwave by placing it on a microwave-safe dish and heating it for 15 to 30 seconds on high power. Make careful to keep an eye on it so it doesn’t get too hot and melt.
- The cheese ball can be heated in a slow cooker for 1-2 hours on low heat with periodic stirring. Use this method if you want the cheese ball to stay warm for a long time at a party or gathering.
What types of cheese are used to make Cheese Balls?
The type of cheese used in a cheese ball can vary, but some of the most common varieties are cheddar, cream cheese, blue cheese, and goat cheese. Depending on the recipe, other types of cheese such as Gouda, Brie, or Gruyere can also be used.
Are cheese balls a Midwest thing?
Although the traditional cheese ball may seem like a throwback dish, it has remained a staple in many Midwestern households. Even though there are a wide variety of cheese ball recipes, the most common starting ingredients are cream cheese, cheddar, and nuts.
Are Cheese Balls healthy?
Cheese balls can be a part of a healthy diet, as long as they are made with low-fat cheese, low-sodium nuts, and fresh herbs and spices. However, some cheese balls can be high in fat and calories, so it is important to check the nutritional information before consuming.
Are there any vegan or vegetarian Cheese Ball recipes?
Yes, there are vegan and vegetarian cheese ball recipes available. These can be made with vegan cheese, nuts, seeds, and herbs. They can also include ingredients such as tofu, beans, and vegetables.
Try More Recipes:
Ina Garten Cheese Ball Nutrition Fact
Serving Size: 1/8th of recipe (65g)
- Calories: 185
- Total Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Sodium: 178mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 5g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 7g