“If you’re a fan of the Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond, then you know that she has a knack for creating delicious and comforting dishes that are perfect for feeding a crowd. Her Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole is no exception. This hearty and flavorful casserole is sure to be a hit with anyone who tries it.
Made with tender chicken, creamy green chile sauce, and plenty of cheese, this dish is sure to become a new family favorite. So, if you’re looking for a tasty and satisfying meal that’s sure to please, give this Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole a try!”
Try More Recipes:
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole Pioneer Woman
- Pioneer Woman Chicken Dorito Casserole
- King Ranch Chicken Casserole Pioneer Woman
Why You Will Love This Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole Pioneer Woman
Here are a few reasons why you might love the Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole from the Pioneer Woman:
- It’s a hearty and satisfying meal: This casserole is packed with protein from the chicken and cheese, and the noodles add a good amount of carbohydrates to keep you feeling full and satisfied.
- It’s easy to make: This casserole comes together quickly and easily, making it a great option for a busy weeknight dinner.
- It’s flavorful: The combination of tender chicken, creamy green chile sauce, and cheese makes for a delicious and flavorful dish.
- It’s versatile: You can serve this casserole as is, or add your own twist by incorporating your favorite enchilada toppings, such as diced tomatoes, sliced black olives, or chopped fresh cilantro.
- It’s a crowd-pleaser: This casserole is sure to be a hit with everyone in the family, making it a great option for a potluck or group gathering.
What Is Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole?
Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole is a baked casserole dish that typically consists of layers of corn tortillas, cooked chicken, and a creamy green chile sauce, topped with cheese. Some variations may also include beans, onions, and other vegetables.
The dish is typically baked in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly, and the casserole is hot and heated through. It is usually served as a main course and is often accompanied by sides such as beans, rice, or a salad. The specific ingredients and method of preparation may vary depending on the recipe.
What Is Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole Pioneer Woman Ingredients?
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 cup green chile sauce
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
How To Make Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole Pioneer Woman
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked and shredded chicken with the green chile sauce.
- Spread a thin layer of the chicken mixture in the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Top the chicken mixture with 4 of the corn tortillas, breaking them as necessary to fit the dish.
- Spread half of the remaining chicken mixture over the tortillas, then sprinkle with half of the grated Monterey Jack cheese.
- Repeat the layering process with the remaining tortillas, chicken mixture, and cheese.
- Top the casserole with the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue baking for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Allow the casserole to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Here are a few tips for making the Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole recipe:
What To Serve With Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole Pioneer Woman?
There are many options for side dishes that would go well with Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole from the Pioneer Woman. Some ideas might include:
- Beans: Black beans, pinto beans, or refried beans are all great options for adding protein and fiber to the meal. You can serve them on the side or mix them into the casserole for added texture and flavor.
- Rice: A simple side of white or brown rice is a classic accompaniment to enchiladas. You can also try adding some diced vegetables or herbs to the rice for added flavor.
- Salad: A fresh and light salad is a great contrast to the rich and savory flavors of the casserole. You can serve a simple green salad with a vinaigrette dressing, or try something more elaborate like a bean or grain salad.
- Chips and guacamole: For a casual and fun accompaniment, you can serve a bowl of chips and guacamole on the side. This is a great option for a party or potluck.
- Cornbread: A slice of cornbread is a tasty and comforting side dish that pairs well with the flavors of the casserole. You can make your own cornbread from scratch or purchase it from the store.
- Sauteed vegetables: For a more substantial side dish, you can saute a variety of vegetables in a pan with a little oil and seasoning. Some good options might include bell peppers, onions, zucchini, or mushrooms.
How To Store Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole Pioneer Woman?
To store Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole from the Pioneer Woman, follow these steps:
- Allow the casserole to cool to room temperature.
- Transfer the casserole to an airtight container or cover the baking dish with a lid or plastic wrap.
- Store the casserole in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
If you want to freeze the casserole, follow these steps:
How To Thaw Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole?
There are a few different ways to thaw a green chile chicken enchilada casserole:
- Leave it in the refrigerator: This is the safest and most gentle method, but it does take longer. Simply transfer the casserole dish from the freezer to the refrigerator and allow it to thaw for several hours or overnight.
- Use the microwave: If you need to thaw the casserole more quickly, you can use the defrost setting on your microwave to speed up the process. Be sure to stop the microwave and check the casserole every few minutes, as the microwave can heat up the food and cause it to partially cook.
- Submerge the dish in cold water: This method is a bit faster than the refrigerator method, but it requires more attention. Place the frozen casserole dish in a sink or large pot, and cover it with cold water. Change the water every 30 minutes or so to ensure that it stays cold, and continue this process until the casserole is fully thawed.
- Cook the casserole from frozen: If you don’t have time to thaw the casserole, you can also bake it straight from the freezer. Simply add an extra 20-30 minutes to the cooking time and be sure to use a food thermometer to ensure that the center of the casserole has reached a safe internal temperature of at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
How To Reheat Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole?
To reheat a green chile chicken enchilada casserole in the microwave, follow these steps:
- Transfer the casserole to a microwave-safe dish, if it is not already in one.
- Cover the dish with a damp paper towel or microwave-safe lid.
- Heat the casserole on medium power for 1-2 minutes, then check to see if it is warm. If it is not warm, continue to microwave in 30-second intervals until the casserole is heated to the desired temperature.
To reheat a green chile chicken enchilada casserole in the oven, follow these steps:
Regardless of which method you use to reheat the casserole, be sure to use a food thermometer to ensure that the center of the casserole has reached a safe internal temperature of at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit before serving.
Can I use a different type of protein in green chile chicken enchilada casserole?
Yes, you can use any protein you like in place of the chicken, such as beef, pork, or tofu.
Can I use a different type of cheese in green chile chicken enchilada casserole?
Yes, you can use any type of cheese that you like in place of the cheese called for in the recipe.
Can I make green chile chicken enchilada casserole ahead of time?
Yes, you can assemble the casserole a day or two in advance and store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake it.
Can I make green chile chicken enchilada casserole in a slow cooker?
Yes, you can make green chile chicken enchilada casserole in a slow cooker. Just layer the ingredients in the slow cooker as you would in a casserole dish, and cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
Can I make green chile chicken enchilada casserole in a pressure cooker?
Yes, you can make green chile chicken enchilada casserole in a pressure cooker. Just layer the ingredients in the pressure cooker as you would in a casserole dish, and cook on high pressure for 20-25 minutes.
Can I make green chile chicken enchilada casserole gluten-free?
Yes, you can make green chile chicken enchilada casserole gluten-free by using corn tortillas or gluten-free flour tortillas in place of regular flour tortillas.
- Chicken Tortilla Casserole Pioneer Woman
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole Pioneer Woman
- Pioneer Woman Chicken And Dressing Casserole
- Pioneer Woman Chicken Stuffing Casserole
Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole Pioneer Woman Nutrition Facts
|Nutrient||Amount per serving|