Gordon Ramsay’s Steak Sandwich, made with delicate sirloin steak, caramelized onions, and melted cheese on a toasted baguette, is an irresistible combination of sensations. This sandwich can be made in a flash with only a few basic ingredients and serves as a filling lunch or dinner. In this post, we’ll analyze Gordon Ramsay’s Steak Sandwich recipe and provide some helpful hints for ensuring that your sandwiches turn out flawlessly every time. It’s time to tuck into this mouthwatering sandwich.
More Recipes From us:
- Barefoot Contessa Tea Sandwiches
- Barefoot Contessa Reuben Sandwich
- Pioneer Woman Roast Beef Sandwich
💓 Why You’ll Love This Gordon Ramsay Steak Sandwich
Gordon Ramsay’s Steak Sandwich Recipe is Fantastic for Many Reasons. Just a few examples:
- Delicious: Each bite is like a party in your mouth thanks to the flavorful blend of juicy sirloin steak, caramelized onions, and melting cheese.
- Simple to prepare: With only a few ingredients and a few steps, you can have a delicious supper on the table in no time.
- Versatile: Modifiable to suit individual tastes by altering ingredients such as the cheese used, the quantity of any added toppings (such as mushrooms or peppers), and the bread used.
- Restaurant-quality: This recipe will allow you to produce a steak sandwich that is on par with those served in fine dining establishments.
- Crowd-pleaser: Everyone who appreciates a satisfying lunch will enjoy this sandwich. It works equally well for a group meal and a game day party.
What Is Gordon Ramsay Steak Sandwich Recipe?
Gordon Ramsay is responsible for the creation of a Shrimp Scampi dish that is not only flavorful but also easy to make. Cooking the succulent shrimp in a sauce that has been seasoned with garlic and white wine is one of the steps in this recipe.
Which Steak Is Best For A Sandwich?
While preparing a steak sandwich, it’s important to use a cut of meat that is both soft and juicy. The following are some of the most popular steak sandwich cuts:
- Ribeye: This delicious and tender cut is ideal for steak sandwiches. The high marbling content contributes to its juiciness and taste.
- Filet mignon: While not as fatty as ribeye, filet mignon is exceptionally delicate and has a subtle taste. If you’re looking for a steak with less fat, this is a fantastic choice.
- Sirloi: is a leaner cut of beef that retains the tenderness and taste of a prime steak. It’s a good alternative if you’re watching your spending because it’s cheaper than other types of steak.
- Skirt steak: is a lean and tasty cut that works well in sandwiches due to its thinness and portability. It’s a terrific choice for feeding a large group because it’s affordable.
- Flank steak: Sandwiches made using flank steak, another sandwich-friendly lean cut with plenty of flavor. If you want it to be more delicate, slice it thinly against the grain since it is harder than other cuts.
Make sure your steak is juicy and tasty by seasoning it with salt and pepper before cooking and letting it rest for a few minutes after cooking.
- 2 beef sirloin steaks, about 8 oz each
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 baguettes, split and toasted
- 4 slices of provolone cheese
- Arugula leaves, to serve
🔪How To Make Steak Sandwich
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Season the steaks with salt and black pepper on both sides.
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Once hot, add the steaks and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side until nicely browned.
- Remove the steaks from the pan and let them rest on a plate while you prepare the onions.
- In the same frying pan, add another drizzle of olive oil and the sliced onions. Cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes until caramelized.
- Add the minced garlic and thyme leaves and cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Stir in the Worcestershire sauce and tomato ketchup and cook for another minute. Return the steaks to the pan and coat them in the onion mixture.
- Place the baguette halves on a baking sheet and add the provolone cheese slices on top. Toast in the oven for a few minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- To assemble the sandwich, place a handful of arugula on the bottom half of the baguette, followed by a steak and some of the onion mixture. Top with the other half of the baguette and serve immediately.
How To Cut Steak For Steak Sandwich?
Follow these instructions to cut steak appropriately for a sandwich:
While slicing the steak, make sure you do it against the grain and use a very sharp knife. Furthermore, remember to slice it as thinly as you can. Your steak sandwich will wind up being more flavorful and tender as a result of this.
In order to perfect Gordon Ramsay’s Steak Sandwich recipe, consider the following suggestions:
- Choose the appropriate beef cut sirloin steak works well in this sandwich, while ribeye and New York strip are also excellent choices.
- Don’t cut into the steak right away instead, let it a few minutes to rest after cooking. The redistribution of the liquids will make the meat soft and juicy.
- Make sure your knife is sharp neatly sliced steak is a must for a delicious sandwich.
- Onions can be caramelized by cooking them gently over low heat, which brings out their natural sugars. Caramelizing the onions completely can take up to 15 minutes, so be patient.
- Add whatever you like mushrooms, peppers, a fried egg, etc.To this sandwich to make it your own.
- You can use any sort of bread you like, although a baguette is recommended for this sandwich. To add crunch and texture to your sandwich, toast the bread before putting it together.
- This sandwich is at its best when served hot and fresh, so make it right before you want to serve it.
🍴 What To Serve With Steak Sandwich?
A Gordon Ramsay Steak Sandwich might go with any number of accompaniments. What about these:
You may fill up your Gordon Ramsay Steak Sandwich lunch with any of these delicious additions.
Wish Bread Is The Best For Steak Sandwich?
The ideal bread for a steak sandwich is one that is robust enough to withstand the juiciness of the steak as well as any toppings that may be added, but at the same time is not overly dense or chewy. The following are some choices for bread:
- Ciabatta: is an Italian bread that is soft and airy on the inside but has a somewhat crispy surface, making it the ideal bread for a steak sandwich due to its combination of these two characteristics.
- Baguette: Another excellent option for a steak sandwich, a baguette from France is recommended because to its chewy texture, which pairs well with the steak’s soft texture.
- Sourdough: Because of its tangy flavor and chewy texture, sourdough bread is an excellent choice for a steak sandwich that features robust ingredients.
- Focaccia: This Italian bread, known as focaccia, is fluffy and soft on the inside, with a crunchy surface that bears up nicely to steak and other toppings.
- Brioche bun: A brioche bun is a type of bread that is known for being buttery, soft, and somewhat sweet. It is an excellent choice for a more decadent steak sandwich.
In the end, the choice of which bread is ideal for a steak sandwich comes down to individual preference. If you want to find the bread that goes best with your steak sandwich, give a couple different kinds of bread a shot.
🥶 How To Store Leftovers
If you have some leftover Gordon Ramsay Steak Sandwich, here are some suggestions:
- In the refrigerator: You may keep a steak sandwich in the fridge for up to three or four days if you put it in an airtight container. To avoid sogginess, store your sandwiches without the usual condiments. This includes lettuce and tomato.
- Wrap in plastic wrap: You may also keep the sandwich from drying out by wrapping it tightly in plastic wrap or foil. If you need to eat the sandwich on the move or put it in a lunchbox, this is a good way to do it.
- In the freezer: If you wish to save the sandwich for a longer period of time, you may freeze it in a freezer bag or airtight container for up to two months. Wrap everything well in plastic wrap or foil to prevent freezer burn before putting it in the freezer.
- Separately: If you want to keep the sandwich fresh for a longer time, divide the bread and the steak. As a result, the bread won’t get soggy and the meat won’t go dry. Just use some foil or plastic wrap to keep the steak fresh, and put the bread in a sealed bag or container.
If you plan on eating the sandwich after it has been refrigerated or frozen, remember to reheat it thoroughly. If you want to serve a steak sandwich that tastes as good as it looks, reheat the meat and bread separately and then put them together right before serving.
🌡️ How To Reheat Leftovers
Some suggestions for storing any leftover Shrimp Scampi:
- Refrigerate: The Shrimp Scampi can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days if transferred to an airtight container. To reheat, simply cook in a pan over medium heat or in the microwave, stirring every so often, until hot.
- Freeze: Shrimp Scampi freezes well for up to two months. Put it in an airtight container or a zip-top bag that can go in the freezer, then squeeze out as much air as possible. Reheating instructions: defrost in the fridge overnight, then reheat on the stove or in the microwave.
- Meal Prep: If you want to use the Shrimp Scampi as a meal prep, simply measure it out and keep the individual servings in the fridge or freezer. If necessary, reheat in a skillet or microwave.
Be mindful not to overheat leftover shrimp, since it can turn tough and rubbery if cooked for too long. Repeated reheating promotes the growth of microorganisms that can be hazardous to your health.
What Is The Best Chesse For Steak Sandwich?
The type of cheese that goes best with a steak sandwich is a matter of individual opinion; nevertheless, some of the more common choices include provolone, cheddar, Swiss, and blue cheese.
What Is Best Toping For Steak Sandwich?
The toppings that go best with a steak sandwich are mostly a matter of personal opinion; nevertheless, some of the most common additions are sautéed onions, mushrooms, peppers, arugula, horseradish sauce, mustard, and mayonnaise.
Try More Recipes: