Gordon Ramsay, the famed chef and TV star, is known for his outspoken nature and culinary innovations. His rendition of Shrimp Scampi is consistently voted as one of his diners’ favorite meals. Succulent shrimp, garlic, and buttery white wine sauce come together in this classic Italian-American dish. In this post, we’ll dissect Gordon Ramsay Shrimp Scampi, examining the components that make it so irresistible as well as the methods and tricks that contributed to its success in the kitchen.
With this excellent recipe from one of the most renowned chefs in the world, you can wow your dinner guests and take your cuisine to the next level.
More Recipes From us:
- Ina Garten Shrimp And Grits
- Tgi Fridays Skillet Garlic Shrimp Recipe
- Redondo Beach Shrimp Fajitas Recipe
💓 Why You’ll Love This Gordon Ramsay Shrimp Scampi
Gordon Ramsay’s Shrimp Scampi is fantastic for a variety of reasons. Just a few examples:
- Ingredients that pack a flavor punch: garlic, lemon, white wine, and parsley are just a few of the robust elements that give this dish its distinctive flavor.
- Simple and fast: This quick-cooking dish is ideal for weeknight meals or impromptu get-togethers.
- The white wine sauce, shrimp, and parsley give this dish an elegant appearance that matches its delicious flavor.
- Shrimp scampi can be served in a variety of ways, from atop pasta to a side dish to a light appetizer on its own.
- The restaurant-quality food you make at home with Gordon Ramsay’s advice and instruction will impress even the pickiest of eaters.
Overall, Gordon Ramsay’s Shrimp Scampi is the ideal balance of ease, sophistication, and taste, guaranteeing that it will become a staple in your cooking repertoire.
What Is Gordon Ramsay Shrimp Scampi Recipe?
Gordon Ramsay is responsible for the creation of a Shrimp Scampi dish that is not only flavorful but also easy to make. Cooking the succulent shrimp in a sauce that has been seasoned with garlic and white wine is one of the steps in this recipe.
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
How Do You Peel and Devein Shrimp?
The following is a guide for peeling and deveining shrimp:
When the shrimp have been cleaned, peeled, and deveined, they are ready to be used in any meal that calls for shrimp, including shrimp scampi. If you do not intend to consume the shrimp right away, you must ensure that they are stored in the refrigerator.
🔪How To Make Shrimp Scampi
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp and sauté until they turn pink, about 2 minutes per side. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set them aside.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining butter and olive oil. Add the shallots and garlic and sauté until they are softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the white wine, lemon juice, parsley, and red pepper flakes to the skillet and stir well to combine.
- Bring the sauce to a boil and let it cook until it reduces by half, about 2-3 minutes. Add the shrimp back into the skillet and toss to coat them with the sauce.
- Cook the shrimp in the sauce for an additional 2 minutes or until they are heated through.
- Serve the shrimp scampi hot with crusty bread or over pasta, garnished with additional parsley leaves if desired.
How To Know When Shrimp Scampi Is Done?
It is essential to have a good sense of when the Shrimp Scampi is done cooking in order to avoid overcooking the shrimp, which can cause them to become tough and rubbery. The following are some indicators to look for to decide whether or not your Shrimp Scampi is ready to be served:
- Coloration of the shrimp: When the shrimp have been cooked thoroughly, they should become pink and opaque. When raw, shrimp have a bluish-gray or transparent appearance, but after cooked, their color changes to a pinkish-white hue.
- Texture: When they are done being cooked all the way through, the shrimp should have a texture that is both firm and slightly bouncy. Shrimp that has been cooked for too long can become rough and rubbery.
- Temperature: The internal temperature of shrimp must be brought up to 145 degrees Fahrenheit (63 degrees Celsius) before they can be consumed safely. To determine the temperature, you can use a thermometer designed for food.
- Sauce: To prepare the sauce, bring all of the ingredients to a simmer, and toast the garlic until it becomes aromatic and turns a light golden color.
It is essential to avoid cooking the shrimp for an excessive amount of time, as this might cause them to become rough and unpleasant to eat. Always keep a constant check on the shrimp, and as soon as they have reached the desired level of doneness, remove them from the heat.
In order to help you produce the greatest Shrimp Scampi possible, here are some recipe tips from Gordon Ramsay:
- Always use fresh ingredients: shrimp, garlic, lemons, and parsley will offer you the best results and take the flavor of the dish to the next level if you use fresh versions of these ingredients.
- Don’t overcook the shrimp: It is important to remember not to overcook the shrimp because they cook quite quickly and can turn tough and rubbery if they are cooked for too long. Remove them from the pan as soon as they reach the desired pink color and continue cooking them.
- Choose a white wine of high quality: Because the white wine will provide flavor to the sauce, it is important to use a wine of high quality that you would also enjoy drinking.
- Adjust the seasoning: By tasting the sauce as it cooks and adding salt and pepper to taste as needed to adjust the seasoning as necessary.
- Put the shrimp back in at the end: After the sauce has been reduced, put the shrimp back in the pan for a few minutes so that they can reacquire their original temperature and so that they can absorb the tastes of the sauce.
- Serve immediately: Shrimp scampi is at its most tasty and tender when served immediately after it has been cooked, so make sure to serve it as soon as possible.
You can be sure that your Gordon Ramsay Shrimp Scampi turns out properly every time by following these recommendations, which are included in the recipe.
How Long To Bake Shrimp Scampi?
Here’s a table with different ways to bake Shrimp Scampi and their respective cooking times:
|Air Fryer||375°F||5-6 minutes|
|Foil Packets||400°F||10-12 minutes|
|Casserole Dish||375°F||10-12 minutes|
Please keep in mind that the cooking time will change depending on the size and thickness of the shrimp and the type of stove or oven you use. Before serving, make sure the shrimp is cooked all the way through and still slightly pink in the middle.
🍴 What To Serve With Shrimp Scampi?
There is a wide variety of mouthwatering accouterments that can be served alongside shrimp scampi. The following are some ideas for side dishes that pair well with shrimp scampi:
- Pasta: Shrimp Scampi is a classic dish that is frequently served over pasta, such as linguine or fettuccine. This is a fantastic way to combine the two dishes.
- Potato Kugel: A slice of Potato Kugel that has been baking to perfection is the ideal accompaniment to a dish of Shrimp Scampi since it can sop up any excess sauce.
- Spinach Gratin: A Spinach Gratin with mixed chesse can give an excellent contrast to the richness of the shrimp scampi.
- Rice: Steamed rice is a basic and easy-to-make side dish that can compliment the flavors of Shrimp Scampi, especially if you add a touch of lemon juice and parsley to the rice before steaming it. Shrimp Scampi is a meal that can be found at Italian restaurants.
- Crusty Bread: A slice of crusty bread, coated with garlic butter and toasted, can be a wonderful addition to the dish. It is ideal for soaking up the mouthwatering sauce.
In general, Shrimp Scampi goes well with many different kinds of side dishes; therefore, you are free to select the one that caters to your own preferences and tastes the most.
🥶 How To Store Leftovers
Cassoulet is a hearty meal that may be easily frozen and reheated at a later time. You can keep your leftovers in the following ways:
While reheating, you may need to add a small bit of liquid (water, broth, or wine) because cassoulet tends to thicken when refrigerated.
🌡️ How To Reheat Leftovers
Some suggestions for storing any leftover Shrimp Scampi:
- Refrigerate: The Shrimp Scampi can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days if transferred to an airtight container. To reheat, simply cook in a pan over medium heat or in the microwave, stirring every so often, until hot.
- Freeze: Shrimp Scampi freezes well for up to two months. Put it in an airtight container or a zip-top bag that can go in the freezer, then squeeze out as much air as possible. Reheating instructions: defrost in the fridge overnight, then reheat on the stove or in the microwave.
- Meal Prep: If you want to use the Shrimp Scampi as a meal prep, simply measure it out and keep the individual servings in the fridge or freezer. If necessary, reheat in a skillet or microwave.
Be mindful not to overheat leftover shrimp, since it can turn tough and rubbery if cooked for too long. Repeated reheating promotes the growth of microorganisms that can be hazardous to your health.
Best Shrimp for Shrimp Scampi?
Fresh or frozen jumbo shrimp are perfect for Shrimp Scampi. Shrimp should be firm, delicious, and pinkish. It’s easiest to use peeled and deveined shrimp for this recipe. Consider the shrimp’s source and cultivation method before buying. Choose responsibly wild-caught or farmed shrimp. This ensures high-quality, contaminant-free shrimp. When serving Shrimp Scampi, check with guests for shellfish allergies and offer alternatives.
How To Make Shrimp Scampi Spicyer?
Shrimp Scampi can be made hotter by increasing the amount of red pepper flakes or chili flakes used. To increase the intensity, you can also incorporate diced jalapeo peppers or hot sauce. If you don’t like things too hot, taste the food as you go along.
Can I Use Frozen Shrimp Scampi?
Shrimp Scampi can be made with frozen shrimp. The shrimp should be thawed well before being used. You can thaw frozen shrimp in the fridge overnight, or you can run cold water over them for 10 to 15 minutes. Once the shrimp have thawed, you can prepare them as indicated in the recipe (peeling and deveining, if necessary).
Gordon Ramsay Shrimp Scampi Nutrition Fact
- Calories 110
- Total Fat 1.5g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 75mg
- Sodium 120mg
- Dietary Fiber 0g
- Sugars 0.5g
- Protein 5g
- Vitamin A 16g
- Calcium 6%
- Iron 6%