You’re in luck if you like burgers and Gordon Ramsay. Ramsay’s special burger recipe is a juicy and savory combination of beef and a unique blend of spices. The perfect burger requires the right ingredients, the right technique, and the right cooking time, all of which will be covered in this article.
What Is Gordon Ramsay’s Favorite Burger
Gordon Ramsay’s favorite burger is a classic cheeseburger with a beef patty, lettuce, tomato, onion, and pickles. He likes to keep it simple, but he adds some Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco sauce to the burger to give it an extra burst of flavor and moisture.
What Does Gordon Ramsay Put In His Burgers?
Gordon Ramsay puts a mixture of salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and paprika in his burgers. He also adds grated onion, Worcestershire sauce, and a dash of Tabasco sauce to add flavor and moisture to the patty.
Best Burger Ratio According To Gordon Ramsay
According to Gordon Ramsay, the best burger ratio is 80/20 meat to fat. This means that the ground beef used for the patty should be 80% lean meat and 20% fat. The 80/20 ratio ensures that the burger is juicy and flavorful while still holding its shape during cooking.
Gordon Ramsay Burger Ingredients
- 1 pound ground beef (80/20 meat-to-fat ratio)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- Burger buns
- Cheese (optional)
How To Make Gordon Ramsay Burger
- In a bowl, mix the ground beef, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, grated onion, Worcestershire sauce, and Tabasco sauce until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into four equal portions and shape them into patties.
- Preheat a grill or a pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook the patties for about 3-4 minutes per side or until cooked to your desired doneness.
- Toast the burger buns.
- Assemble the burger with lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, and cheese (if desired).
- Serve and enjoy!
The Recommended Burger Internal temp
The recommended internal temperature for a burger is 160°F (71°C), according to the USDA. Burgers’ approximate internal temperatures depend on doneness:
- Medium-rare: 130-135°F.
- Medium: 140-145°F.
- Medium-well: 150-155°F.
- Well done: 160°F (71°C).
How To Tell Burger Is done without a thermometer
While it is recommended to use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of a burger, you can also tell if a burger is done by pressing the center with your finger. Here’s a quick guide:
How Long To Cook A Burger
- Medium-rare: Cook for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Medium: Cook for 4-5 minutes per side.
- Medium-well: Cook for 5-6 minutes per side.
- Well done: Cook for 6-7 minutes per side.
How To Store Leftover Burger
- In Fridge: Let the burger cool to room temperature, wrap tightly in aluminum foil or plastic wrap, place in an airtight container or resealable bag, and store in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
- In Freezer: Let the burger cool to room temperature, wrap tightly in aluminum foil or plastic wrap, place in an airtight container or resealable bag, label with date, and store in the freezer for up to 3-4 months.
How To Reheat Leftover Burger
- In Oven: Preheat the oven to 350°F, place the leftover burger on a baking sheet, cover with aluminum foil, and heat for 10-15 minutes.
- In Air Fryer: Preheat the air fryer to 350°F, place the leftover burger in the basket, and heat for 3-5 minutes until warm.
- In Microwave: Place the leftover burger on a microwave-safe dish, cover it with a damp paper towel, and heat on high for 30-second intervals until warm, flipping once in between.
What Seasoning Does Gordon Ramsay Use For A Burger?
Gordon Ramsay uses a simple yet flavorful blend of seasonings for his burgers, which includes salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Additionally, he adds grated onion, Worcestershire sauce, and a dash of Tabasco sauce for extra flavor.
Other Gordon Ramsay’s Burger Recipe Variations
- Gordon Ramsay’s Worcestershire Burger: This recipe uses ground beef mixed with Worcestershire sauce, salt, and black pepper for a classic and simple burger flavor.
- Gordon Ramsay’s Egg Burger: This burger features a fried egg on top of a beef patty, along with traditional toppings like lettuce, tomato, and cheese.
- Gordon Ramsay’s Gourmet Burger: This recipe includes a homemade sauce made with Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce, as well as traditional toppings like lettuce, tomato, and cheese.
- Gordon Ramsay’s Street Burger: This burger is flavored with garlic, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, smoked paprika, cumin, and chili powder, for a savory and slightly spicy taste.
Gordon Ramsay Burger Nutrition Facts
Serving size: 1 burger patty
- Calories: 287
- Total fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 9g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Sodium: 426mg
- Total carbohydrates: 0g
- Dietary fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 19g