French Bread Casserole Pioneer Woman is a delicious and comforting dish that combines the flavors of French bread and a savory filling, such as eggs, cheese, and vegetables. It is a versatile and easy-to-make meal that can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and it is a great option for using up leftover French bread or other ingredients that you have on hand. French bread casseroles are typically baked in the oven, which gives the bread a crispy, golden crust and the filling a rich and creamy texture. They can be served as a main dish or as a side, and they are a tasty and satisfying option for any meal.
Try More Recipes From us:
Why You’ll Love This French Bread Casserole Pioneer Woman
- It is a delicious and satisfying meal that combines the flavors of French bread and a savory filling, such as eggs, cheese, and vegetables.
- It is versatile and can be made with a variety of ingredients, depending on your tastes and what you have on hand.
- It is easy to make and can be prepared in advance, making it a convenient option for busy weeknights or weekend brunches.
- It is a great way to use up leftover French bread or other ingredients, reducing food waste and saving money.
- It is a satisfying and nourishing meal that is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and it can be served as a main dish or as a side.
What Is French Bread Casserole?
French bread casserole is a type of casserole that is made with French bread and a savory filling, such as eggs, cheese, and vegetables. The bread is typically cut into thick slices and layered in a baking dish, and the filling is poured over the bread and baked in the oven until the bread is crispy and the filling is rich and creamy. French bread casseroles can be made with a variety of ingredients, depending on your tastes and what you have on hand, and they can be served as a main dish or as a side. They are a delicious and satisfying option for any meal of the day, and they are a great way to use up leftover French bread or other ingredients.
French Bread Casserole Pioneer Woman Ingredients
- 1 loaf of French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated cheese (such as cheddar or mozzarella)
- 1 cup chopped vegetables (such as bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley, thyme, or basil)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
How To Make French Bread Casserole Pioneer Woman
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a baking dish with butter or cooking spray.
- Arrange the slices of French bread in the prepared baking dish, overlapping them slightly to fit them all in the dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cheese, vegetables, herbs, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread slices, making sure to evenly distribute the vegetables and cheese throughout the dish.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake the casserole in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the eggs are fully cooked and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let the casserole cool for a few minutes, then slice it and serve it warm, garnished with fresh herbs if desired.
- Choose a good-quality French bread for the casserole, as it will have a better texture and flavor than cheaper, pre-sliced bread. You can also use a baguette or other long, crusty loaf of bread if you prefer.
- For a richer and more flavorful casserole, try using half-and-half or heavy cream instead of milk in the egg mixture. The added fat will give the casserole a creamier texture and a richer flavor.
- If you want to add a little extra flavor to the casserole, try sprinkling some grated Parmesan cheese over the top before baking it. The cheese will add a nutty, salty flavor and a crispy texture to the casserole.
- To make the casserole more filling and satisfying, try adding some protein to the filling, such as cooked sausage, bacon, or diced ham. The protein will add flavor and nutrition to the casserole, and it will make it a more substantial meal.
- If you want to add some color and texture to the casserole, try sprinkling some chopped fresh herbs over the top before baking it. Herbs such as parsley, thyme, or basil will add a fresh, fragrant flavor to the casserole and make it look more appealing.
Overall, French bread casserole is a versatile and easy-to-make dish that can be customized to suit your tastes and preferences. Experiment with different ingredients and flavors, and enjoy the delicious and satisfying results.Try again
What To Serve With French Bread Casserole Pioneer Woman?
French bread casserole is a delicious and satisfying meal that can be enjoyed on its own or served with a variety of accompaniments. Some options for serving French bread casserole include:
- Salad: A fresh green salad is a great accompaniment to French bread casserole, as it adds color, texture, and nutrition to the meal. Try tossing mixed greens with a simple vinaigrette, or serve the casserole with a Avocado Potato Salad or a Bacchus Purple Salad Radish with berries and feta cheese.
- Soup: French bread casserole is also delicious when served alongside a Potato Soup. Try pairing the casserole with a Red Pepper Soup, a hearty Pearl Barley Soup, or a Baked Mushroom Soup for a satisfying and nourishing meal.
- Roasted vegetables: Roasted vegetables are a tasty and healthy option for serving with French bread casserole. Try roasting a mixture of vegetables, such as carrots, parsnips, and Brussels sprouts, and serve them alongside the casserole for a tasty and colorful side dish.
- Pasta: For a more filling and satisfying meal, try serving French bread casserole with a Bow Tie Pasta Recipe. Try tossing cooked pasta with a sauce made from garlic, olive oil, and cherry tomatoes, and serve it alongside the casserole for a tasty and hearty meal.
How To Store French Bread Casserole Pioneer Woman?
At Room Temperature:
Wrap the casserole snugly in plastic wrap or foil and store it in a cool, dry location if you want to keep it at room temperature. French bread casserole can also be stored at room temperature. It is possible to leave the French bread casserole at room temperature for up to two hours, although this will vary depending on the temperature and humidity of your home.
Wrap the casserole tightly in plastic wrap or foil, and then set it inside the refrigerator, if you choose to store it there. French bread casserole can be stored in the refrigerator. The French bread dish will stay edible for up to three days if stored in the refrigerator.
In The Freezer:
How To Reheat French Bread Casserole Pioneer Woman?
In The Oven:
To reheat French bread casserole in the oven, preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and place the casserole in a baking dish. Cover the casserole with foil to prevent the crust from becoming too hard, and bake it in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, or until it is heated through and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Alternatively, you can reheat the casserole in a microwave-safe dish in the microwave, using high power for 1-2 minutes, or until it is heated through. Be careful not to overcook the casserole in the microwave, as it can become dry and tough.
Can I use whole wheat bread instead of French bread for the casserole?
Yes, you can use whole wheat bread instead of French bread in the casserole. Whole wheat bread is made from whole grains, which means it contains more fiber, vitamins, and minerals than white bread. It also has a slightly denser texture and a slightly nuttier flavor than white bread, which may be to your liking.
Is French bread casserole healthy?
French bread casserole can be a healthy meal, depending on the ingredients that you use. If you make the casserole with healthy ingredients, such as vegetables, lean protein, and low-fat cheese, it can be a nourishing and satisfying meal that is high in protein, vitamins, and minerals. However, if you use high-fat ingredients, such as sausage, bacon, or full-fat cheese, the casserole will be higher in calories and saturated fat, so it should be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
How do you keep French toast casserole from getting soggy?
Soak the bread in a separate dish since, if there is an excessive amount of egg in the pan, the bread may become a little bit soggy.
Make sure you get the right bread: go for a loaf of dense bread like brioche, challah, pullman loaf, or French bread.
Instead of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, you should use a cookie sheet with a lip.
What is the most common mistake in making French toast?
Adding an excessive amount of sugar and dairy to the custard. Be careful not to consume an excessive amount of dairy products.
Not fully combining the ingredients for the custard.
Neglecting to select the appropriate bread.
The bread was only lightly soaked.
Using either an excessive amount of heat or not enough heat.
Not heating up the pan in advance.
Only butter will be used.
What temperature should French toast be cooked at?
It’s worth the trouble to cook French toast in a skillet or on a griddle, even though it can get messy. On the stovetop, preheat a nonstick griddle to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (or heat a pan over medium heat), and, if wanted, gently oil or butter the surface.
How do you know when French toast is fully cooked?
After a few minutes, glance under a slice of bread to see if the French toast has gone golden and browned. If it has, it is time to flip the French toast.
Try More Recipes:
- Pioneer Woman Orange Monkey Bread
- Pioneer Woman Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding
- White Chocolate Bread Pudding Pioneer Woman
French Bread Casserole Pioneer Woman Nutrition Fact
Amount Per Serving
Nutrition Facts Source: Source
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 437
- Calories from Fat 177
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 20g31%
- Saturated Fat 11g56%
- Trans Fat 0.6g
- Cholesterol 217mg73%
- Sodium 410mg18%
- Potassium 266mg8%
- Total Carbohydrate 53g18%
- Dietary Fiber 0.7g3%
- Sugars 34g
- Protein 12g24%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.