This classic carrot cake one of the best Edward Delling Williams recipes, it is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters and is sure to become a family favorite. This carrot cake is a surefire winner because of its blend of freshly grated carrots, spices, and cream cheese icing. Prepare to savor a time-honored dessert that will quickly become a household standard.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Delicious Taste. You can’t go wrong with a slice of moist, flavorful carrot cake for dessert. Carrots provide a little sweetness to the otherwise savory cake. The mild spiciness of the cake pairs wonderfully with the cream cheese icing.
- Nutritious. Because carrots are a rich source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber, carrot cake is a far more nutritious dessert option than many others. The amount of sugar in this cake is less than in many others.
- Very Simple To Prepare. The steps involved in baking a carrot cake are simple. You only need a few simple things like sugar, flour, eggs, carrots, and butter. It’s great for first-timers because no special skills or tools are needed.
Is Carrot Cake A Healthy Option?
Carrot cake, depending on its ingredients, can be a somewhat healthy dessert choice. Carrot cake has a high fiber content because to the addition of whole wheat flour and carrots. Due to its high vitamin A content and low fat content, it is a nutritious option.
How Long To Bake Carrot Cake At 350
Carrot cake is usually baked at 350°F (175°C) for 20-40 minutes, depending on factors like the recipe, oven, and pan size. Here are some examples of baking times and temperatures for carrot cake:
- 9×13 inch carrot cake: Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 35-40 minutes.
- Two 9-inch round carrot cakes: Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 25-30 minutes.
- Six carrot cupcakes: Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 20-25 minutes.
Edward Delling Williams Carrot Cake Ingredients
How To Make Edward Delling Williams Carrot Cake
- Bring the temperature in the oven up to 350 degrees. Prepare a circular baking pan measuring 9 inches in diameter with butter and flour, then set it aside.
- Whisk together in a large bowl the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate dish, mix the eggs, vanilla extract, and vegetable oil by beating them together with a whisk until smooth.
- Mix the dry ingredients while gradually adding the liquid components, and continue to mix until everything is just blended.
- Incorporate the shredded carrots into the mixture.
- After the pan has been prepped, pour the batter inside and spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Alternatively, you may use a cake tester.
- After allowing it to cool for 30 mins, remove it from the pan.
- Serve and enjoy!
Vegan Edward Delling Williams Carrot Cake Version?
Simply replace the non-vegan ingredients with their vegan equivalents to make a vegan carrot cake. You can use flax eggs in place of regular eggs, vegan butter in place of regular butter, and either almond milk or coconut milk in place of regular milk. Coconut sugar, maple syrup, or even dates can be used in place of white sugar. The frosting should be made with dairy-free cream cheese.
How Do You Know When Carrot Cake Is Done?
To check if a carrot cake is done, stick a toothpick or cake tester into the middle of the cake. The cake is ready when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with just a few wet crumbs. If there is batter on the toothpick, bake the cake for a further 5 minutes before checking again.
At What Temperature Is Carrot Cake Done? The recommended internal temperature for carrot cake is between 205 and 210 degrees Fahrenheit.
Avoid overmixing the dough and add wet ingredients like pineapple or sour cream to prevent dry carrot cake. The cake can also be prevented from drying out by using the proper pan size and protecting it with parchment paper.
Finally, make sure you don’t overbake the cake by testing it with a toothpick a few minutes before the recommended baking time is up and taking it out of the oven when it comes out clean.
Why Is My Carrot Cake Raw In The Middle?
If your carrot cake is undercooked in the middle, try decreasing the oven temperature by 25 degrees Fahrenheit (15 degrees Celsius) and continuing to bake until the cake is well cooked. To prevent further browning, you can also try baking the cake for 5-10 minutes longer or covering it with foil.
What To Serve With Carrot Cake?
Cream cheese icing, whipped cream, fresh fruit, vanilla ice cream, and coffee or tea are all common side dishes to carrot cake. These options give unique textures and flavors that balance the sweetness and spiciness of the cake.
How To Store Carrot Cake?
Carrot cake keeps well if wrapped in plastic or foil and kept in the refrigerator or an airtight container for up to 5 days. To avoid the frosting from hardening and the cake from drying out, avoid refrigerating the cake if at all feasible.
Why Is My Carrot Cake Not Fluffy?
Overmixing, using too much flour, not using enough leavening agents, overbaking, or not using enough moisture can cause a dense or heavy carrot cake. Avoid overbaking, add wet ingredients like pineapple, applesauce, or sour cream, and stir the batter just until it is smooth.
Edward Delling Williams Carrot Cake Recipe Nutrition Facts
Amount Per Serving
More Cake Recipes:
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 577
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 30g47%
- Saturated Fat 10g50%
- Trans Fat 0.7g
- Cholesterol 87mg29%
- Sodium 45mg2%
- Potassium 205mg6%
- Total Carbohydrate 73g25%
- Dietary Fiber 1.6g7%
- Sugars 51g
- Protein 6.6g14%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.