One of our favorite Thanksgiving sides is Drew Barrymore’s Corn Casserole. Using Jiffy cornbread mix, creamed corn, and gobs of butter, preparation time is drastically reduced. This side dish is perfect for the holidays, but it may also be enjoyed any time of year.
Try More Recipes From us:
A Perfect Holiday Side Dish
You’re missing out if you’ve never tried Drew Barrymore Corn Casserole. There’s a reason it’s a staple at the holiday table throughout the year.
- Can be made with just a few simple ingredients
- Preparation time is minimal (and only one dish is needed)
- The perfect dish for a potluck because it can be prepared in advance.
- Serves twice as many people effectively.
- You may customize this recipe to your liking by using ingredients like cheese and jalapenos.
Ingredients That You’ll Need:
The recipe for Drew Barrymore Corn Casserole has been popular for a long time. Though variations on the classic jiffy corn casserole recipe exist, this one is a family favorite.
- Cornbread Muffin Mix – In order to make a light and fluffy corn casserole in the style of the one made famous by Drew Barrymore, all you need is a box of Jiffy corn muffin mix. For this recipe, you’ll need an 8.5-ounce package. Because of the combination of flour and cornmeal, this is a very convenient and fast lunch.
- Butter & Sour Cream – Butter improves the flavor of every dish, while sour cream boosts the satiety. Butter should be melted before being added.
- Corn – Sweet corn in the cream style and hearty corn in the whole kernel type are both welcome additions. Corn kernels from a can, a bag, or the freezer will do.
- Eggs – Eggs are added to aid in the binding process.
Is Drew Barrymore Corn Casserole The Same As Corn Pudding?
Since we shared the recipe with the world, I’ve found that many people refer to it as corn pudding. You may use either corn casserole or corn pudding. You end up with the same thing, so to speak.
How to Double Drew Barrymore Corn Casserole?
This Drew Barrymore Corn Casserole recipe is commonly doubled and baked in a 9×13 pan. This may take an additional 15 minutes to bake depending on your oven, so plan accordingly.
Drew Barrymore Corn Casserole Variations
- Drew Barrymore Corn Casserole with Eggs: By including 2 eggs, the resulting corn casserole will be slightly less dense.
- Cheesy Drew Barrymore Corn Casserole: Add half to a full cup of shredded cheddar cheese because cheese improves everything.
- Drew Barrymore Corn Casserole with Sugar: You may make a particularly sweet corn casserole by adding between a quarter and a half cup of sugar. Dessert may be made by adding eggs and sugar, making it nearly like a corn cake.
Can I Make Drew Barrymore Corn Casserole Ahead Of Time?
Yes! Prepare this Drew Barrymore Corn Casserole up to 48 hours ahead of time. Place the casserole in a baking dish and cover with plastic wrap. When you’re ready to bake it, take it out of the fridge 30 minutes before you put it in the oven. Then bake according to the directions.
How To Make Drew Barrymore Corn Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray and leave aside.
- In a casserole dish, combine all the ingredients for your Drew Barrymore Corn Casserole.
- For 45-55 minutes, or until golden brown, bake your Drew Barrymore Corn Casserole.
What To Serve With Drew Barrymore Corn Casserole?
- Tomato Soup
- Prime Rib Soup
- Eggplant Casserole
- Joanna Gaines Green Bean Casserole
- Smashed Red Potatoes
- Joanna Gaines Friendsgiving Casserole
- Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Bacchus Purple Salad Radish
- Sausage And Peppers
- Roasted Beet Salad Seldon Simeon
- No Peek Chicken
Can You Cook Drew Barrymore Corn Casserole In A Crock Pot?
Yes! Prepare your corn casserole as Drew Barrymore did and slow simmer it for 2 1/2 hours on high or 4 hours on low. Keeping an eye on the casserole’s temperature is essential since slow cookers all operate differently. Cooking time may increase if you double the recipe.
How To Store Drew Barrymore Corn Casserole?
- Fridge – If you have Drew Barrymore Corn Casserole leftovers, let them cool to room temperature before transferring them to an airtight container and storing them in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.
- Make Ahead – To make ahead, bake your Drew Barrymore Corn Casserole according to package directions and cool fully. Refrigerate for up to 2 days, wrapped in plastic wrap.
- Reheat Before Serving – Allow your Drew Barrymore Corn Casserole to sit at room temperature for 30-60 minutes before reheating. Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes, or until well heated.
- To Freeze – Bake the Drew Barrymore Corn Casserole according to package directions and allow it to cool fully. Wrap firmly in plastic wrap and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in the oven before serving.
Can I Freeze Drew Barrymore Corn Casserole?
I would not recommend cooking this Drew Barrymore Corn Dish ahead of time and freezing the entire casserole to reheat later for the greatest texture. If you have any leftovers, keep them in an airtight container and freeze them.
Amount Per Serving
- Calories 181
- Total Fat 10g
- Cholesterol 23mg
- Sodium 390mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20g
- Dietary Fiber 2g
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 2g
Try More Recipes:
- Strawberries And Cream Nothing Bundt Cake
- Joanna Gaines Fatayer
- Hoyt’s Kitchen Chicken And Dumplings
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 181
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 10g16%
- Cholesterol 23mg8%
- Sodium 390mg17%
- Total Carbohydrate 20g7%
- Dietary Fiber 2g8%
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 2g4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.