You can make this one-pot Demos Chicken And Rice Soup Recipe whenever you’re feeling under the weather or just want something quick and easy for dinner that everyone will like.
There is a comment option at the bottom of this page if you have any questions or comments about this Demos Chicken and Rice Soup Recipe.
Try More Recipes From us:
What Kind Of Rice Is Best For Chicken And Rice Soup?
Rice of any variety is delicious when added to the soup. We like using jasmine rice, but this specific Demos Chicken And Rice Soup Recipe work just as well with long grain, medium grain, or short grain rice. In general, any type of white rice will do. I almost usually use long grain white rice since I keep a container of it in my pantry at all times. For wild rice, we suggest trying this soup that is a replica of the one served at Panera.
Ingredients That You’ll Need:
- Chicken – There are several ways to make this Demos Chicken and Rice Soup Recipe, but you can also use some rotisserie or roast chicken to save time.
- Rice – White long-grain rice that has not been cooked.
- Vegetables – sweet onion, carrots, and garlic.
- Seasoning – salt, pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, dried thyme, fresh parsley
- Chicken broth – I find that using chicken broth with a lower sodium content gives me a better handle on the overall saltiness of the soup.
- Lemon juice – The Demos Chicken and Rice Soup Recipe is elevated in terms of both flavor and brightness as a result of this. Don’t skip it!
- Olive oil – To sauté the veggies, use extra virgin olive oil.
Do You Cook Rice Before Adding To The Chicken And Rice Soup?
In order to make this Demos Chicken And Rice Soup Recipe work, you can choose to add cooked rice at the end; however, we find that using raw rice gives the soup a deeper taste because it is better able to absorb the flavors of the broth. Plus, one less pot to use!
How To Make Demos Chicken And Rice Soup
- Warm the olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook for approximately 4 minutes, or until the onion and carrots are cooked. Cook for 30 seconds, or until the garlic is aromatic.
- Season with salt, pepper, thyme, and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Bring to a boil with the chicken broth. Reduce the heat to a slow simmer and cook for 20-22 minutes, or until the rice has plumped up and is tender. (It will appear to be the tiniest piece of rice, but it will absorb the liquid and expand significantly!)
- Combine the lemon juice and parsley in a mixing bowl. Then add the chicken.
- If preferred, season with a few additional grinds of salt and pepper. As the soup settles and cools, the rice will continue to plump up.
- Serve with crusty bread in bowls and enjoy!
What To Serve With Chicken And Rice Soup?
This soup is robust and filling on its own, but it is much better when served with:
- Garlic Bread
- Punaluu Hawaiian Sweet Bread
- Roasted Potatoes
- Focaccia Bread
- Homemade Dinner Rolls
- Joanna Gaines Green Bean Casserole
- Honey Glazed Carrots
- Sokolowskis Chicken Paprikash
- Garden Salad
- Baked Potato Casserole Dickeys
- Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Zippys Garlic Miso Chicken
How To Store Demos Chicken And Rice Soup Leftovers?
Leftover Demos Chicken And Rice Soup may be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days if let to cool to room temperature.
Can You Freeze Demos Chicken And Rice Soup?
You may keep any leftover Demos Chicken And Rice Soup in sealed containers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or you can freeze it for up to 1 month. Put it in the refrigerator for the night to defrost. First, bring the soup back up to temperature, and then stir in the rice and veggies.
How To Reheat Demos Chicken And Rice Soup?
In The Microwave:
In The Oven:
Preheat the oven to 200-250 degrees Fahrenheit (90-120 degrees Celsius). To keep the moisture in the Demos Chicken And Rice Soup leftovers, place them in an oven-safe dish and cover with aluminum foil. Reheat your Demos Chicken And Rice Soup leftovers for 2-5 minutes, depending on the size of the leftovers.
Place the remaining Demos Chicken And Rice Soup in an oven-safe ramekin, cover securely with foil, and air fry for 2-5 minutes, or until heated through.
Demos Chicken And Rice Soup Nutrition Facts
Amount Per Serving
- Calories 117
- Total Fat 3.8g
- Saturated Fat 0.9g
- Cholesterol 15mg
- Sodium 1157mg
- Potassium 199mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5g
- Sugars 0.4g
- Protein 7g
- Vitamin A 17%
- Vitamin C 0.8%
- Calcium 3.4%
- Iron 8.4%
Try More Recipes:
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 117
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 3.8g6%
- Saturated Fat 0.9g5%
- Cholesterol 15mg5%
- Sodium 1157mg49%
- Potassium 199mg6%
- Total Carbohydrate 14g5%
- Dietary Fiber 1.5g6%
- Sugars 0.4g
- Protein 7g15%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.