This Panda Express Crispy Almond Chicken Copycat Recipe, prepared with almonds, spices, and eggs, is naturally healthy and gluten-free. This simple recipe uses ground almonds instead of breadcrumbs to make crispy chicken tenders.
This Crispy Almond Chicken Copycat Recipe from Panda Express has become one of my favorite midweek dinners. It’s also a hit with my family since who doesn’t like chicken strips?
Crunchy on the outside, juicy on the inside, and bursting with flavor: that’s Crispy Almond Chicken. As a bonus, almonds’ healthful fats make each slice more satisfying than standard versions.
Try More Recipes From us:
Why Make This Healthy Panda Express Crispy Almond Chicken Recipe?
- Quick and easy: It takes less than an hour for Panda Express Crispy Almond Chicken breast tenderloins to be ready, and most of that time is spent in the oven.
- Healthy: Almonds are a great source of calcium, as are lean protein chicken breasts, which are rich in amino acids and potassium, magnesium, and vitamin E!
- Baked not fried: As a result, we may create a sweet treat that is reduced in fat and calories.
- Kid-approved: Mom and kids both approve of the chicken strips, and the kids don’t even realize they’re eating healthier for them.
- Diet-friendly: These Crispy Almond Chicken Tenders are suitable for a variety of healthy diets, including those requiring low carb, gluten-free, sugar-free, keto, paleo, or Whole30.
Ingredients That You’ll Need:
Double the recipe if you plan to have any leftovers. Only a few pieces of crispy almond chicken breast were left after I finished making the dish that serves four people.
- Chicken: It’s best to use breast or tenderloin from a chicken. Boneless and skinless are the best options.
- Almonds: If you don’t want to deal with the other breading components, use raw almonds instead. It is possible to substitute almond flour in this recipe, but the chicken won’t be as crispy. Almond flour may be used instead to make an almond flour crust for a pizza.
- Seasonings: Garlic powder or onion granules, dried oregano or basil, salt, and pepper Fresh garlic and herbs are not recommended since they will damage the breading.
- Eggs: To stick it all together!
Can I Make Panda Express Crispy Almond Chicken Ahead?
Yes, this recipe for Crispy Almond Chicken from Panda Express may be prepared ahead of time. Take care of the almond-crusted chicken tenders according to the recipe. Lay the uncooked strips out on a parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze for at least an hour. Transfer to a Ziploc bag and seal. Bake your Panda Express Crispy Almond Chicken from frozen according to the recipe’s directions plus 15 minutes when you’re ready to eat.
Optional Add-ins And Variations
- Nuts: If you’re looking for something new, try cashews, Pistachios, or even smoked almonds!
- Seasonings: Smoked paprika, paprika, thyme, or cajun spices would be wonderful additions to this dish. Smoked paprika on air-fried chicken drumsticks is a big hit with children!
- Eggs: Have you run out of eggs? Milk, buttermilk, sour cream, or Greek yogurt are all good options.
- Grated parmesan: Could be mixed into the breading for an almond parmesan-coated chicken.
- Other meat: Whitefish, salmon, and pork chops are all good choices for this breading.
How To Make Crispy Almond Chicken Panda Express
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Set aside a large baking sheet lined with unbleached parchment paper and sprayed with cooking spray.
- Combine ground almonds, garlic (onion) powder, oregano (basil), salt, and pepper in a small mixing bowl. Whisk the eggs in a separate small basin.
- Wash the chicken breasts and pat them dry with a paper towel. Strips should be 1/2 inch thick and cut lengthwise. Place a few on a chopping board, cover with plastic wrap, and pound a couple of times with a meat tenderizer. Rep with the remaining parts.
- Dip each strip in the egg mixture, then in the almond mixture, and lay on the prepared baking sheet. To avoid nuts clinging to your fingers, try holding the meat by the ends, or rinse your fingers in a bowl of cold water after each piece.
- Bake for 15 minutes on one side, then turn and continue baking for another 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Please keep in mind that while flipping, the bottom may appear underbaked and mushy, but trust me, it will brown and crisp.
- Your Panda Express Crispy Almond Chicken is best served hot, with ketchup or honey mustard sauce for dipping, pressure cooker mac, and cheese, tomato mozzarella salad, or savoy cabbage salad.
How To Serve Panda Express Crispy Almond Chicken?
These Panda Express Crispy Almond Chicken tenders are great as:
How To Store Panda Express Crispy Almond Chicken?
Storing: Crispy Almond Chicken from Panda Express may be stored in the fridge for up to five days. Keep in mind that once it’s been chilled, some of the crunches will be lost. Panda Express Crispy Almond Chicken leftovers keep well in the freezer for up to three months.
Reheating: When you are ready to reheat your Panda Express Crispy Almond Chicken, bake it from the frozen state for 10 – 15 minutes.
- If you’re scared your crust won’t cling, cover and chill your chicken tenders for 15-20 minutes after ‘breading’ them.
- The almond coating should be brushed on rather than sprayed on. If you’re pressed for time, pat the chicken strips dry after breading to seal in the breading.
- In a food processor, grind almonds: Although this is purely a matter of taste, I think the chicken tastes even better with a few crispy nut bits on top!
- Don’t miss the tenderizing step: It evens out the texture of the chicken and makes it juicier!
- Adding a drizzle of olive oil is optional, but it will give the “fried” chicken in almond flour a nice crunch.
Can I Air-fry My Crispy Almond Chicken From Panda Express?
Although I have not tried this Panda Express Crispy Almond Chicken dish, air fryer chicken tenders with panko are a favorite. Adjust the frying time since an air fryer cooks quicker; one reader had results at 390F degrees for 15 minutes.
In fact, this is a wonderful concept for younger children! Keep an eye on your tenders in the oven if you chop them into smaller pieces; they’ll cook faster this way.
Can I Pan Fry ‘fried’ Chicken With Almond Crust?
A big pan over medium heat may be used to cook this, but you’ll need to use a fair amount of oil.
What Is Panda Express Crispy Almond Fried Chicken?
Even though there are other varieties, it usually refers to a deep-fried chicken tenderloin covered with sauce and toasted almonds and served with iceberg lettuce on the side. My almond flour ‘fried’ chicken, on the other hand, is reduced in calories, fat, and carbohydrates, as well as has added nutritional benefit from utilizing whole almonds.
Amount Per Serving
- Calories 504
- Total Fat 37g
- Saturated Fat 5.9g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 80mg
- Sodium 92mg
- Potassium 528mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8g
- Sugars 1.8g
- Protein 36g
- Vitamin A 11%
- Vitamin C 0%
- Calcium 8.7%
- Iron 14%
Try More Recipes:
Servings 18 strips
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 504
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 37g57%
- Saturated Fat 5.9g30%
- Cholesterol 80mg27%
- Sodium 92mg4%
- Potassium 528mg16%
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3g3%
- Dietary Fiber 4.8g20%
- Sugars 1.8g
- Protein 36g72%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.