Find out everything you need to know about Costco’s premade Cranberry Jalapeno Dip, a sweet and spicy treat perfect for any snack table. We’ll also give you a copycat recipe so you can make this delicious dip at home and be ready to impress at your next party.
What Is Costco Premade Cranberry Jalapeno Dip?
Costco’s premade Cranberry Jalapeno Dip is a delicious blend of cranberries, jalapeno peppers, and cream cheese that creates a sweet and spicy flavor combination. It is a versatile dip that can be served with a variety of dishes and is perfect for gatherings or as a snack for yourself.
How Long Does Costco Cranberry Jalapeno Dip Last in The Fridge?
Costco premade Cranberry Jalapeno Dip should last for about 7-10 days in the refrigerator if stored properly. Make sure to keep the dip in an airtight container to preserve its freshness and flavor.
Can You Freeze Premade Cranberry Jalapeno Dip From Costco?
Absolutely! You can preserve the flavor of your Costco Cranberry Jalapeno Dip by transferring it to a freezer-safe, airtight container or a durable freezer bag.
This delicious dip can be kept frozen for up to 3 months. To enjoy it at its best, simply place the container in the refrigerator to thaw overnight before serving.
What To Eat With Costco Cranberry Jalapeno Dip?
This versatile dip can be served with various snacks and dishes. Here are some popular options:
Costco Cranberry Jalapeno Dip Ingredients (Copycat):
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (8-ounce) packages of cream cheese, softened
How To Make Costco Cranberry Jalapeno Dip (Copycat):
- In a food processor, pulse the cranberries until they are coarsely chopped. Transfer them to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the green onions, jalapenos, cilantro, sugar, lemon juice, and salt to the chopped cranberries. Mix well and let the mixture sit for 15 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Spread the softened cream cheese evenly onto a serving platter or in a shallow dish.
- Spoon the cranberry mixture over the cream cheese, covering it completely.
- Serve with your choice of dippers.
Can I Make It With Canned Cranberry?
Yes, you can make the dip using canned cranberry sauce. However, the texture and flavor may be slightly different compared to using fresh or frozen cranberries.
Can I Use Dried Cranberries Instead Of Fresh Or Frozen ones?
You can use dried cranberries, but the texture and taste may not be the same as in the original recipe. You might need to put them in warm water to get them ready to use.
How To Store Leftovers
Store any leftover homemade Cranberry Jalapeno Dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week, or in the freezer for 3 months.
Can I Prepare This Dip In Advance?
Yes, you can make the cranberry mixture a day ahead and store it in the refrigerator. Spread the cream cheese and top with the cranberry mixture just before serving.
Recipe Tips and Substitutions
- If you want a less spicy dip, take the seeds and membranes out of the jalapenos or use a milder pepper like an Anaheim or a poblano.
- Use low-fat cream cheese or a substitute for cream cheese, like Greek yogurt, for a lighter version.
- You can change the amount of sugar based on how you like it, or you can use a sugar substitute for a healthier option.
- If you can’t find fresh cranberries, you can use frozen ones instead. Before adding them to the recipe, let them thaw.
What To Serve With Homemade Cranberry Jalapeno Dip
In addition to the options mentioned earlier, you can also serve the homemade Cranberry Jalapeno Dip with:
- Pita chips or crostini
- Sliced baguettes or artisanal bread
- Cheese and charcuterie boards
- As a spread on sandwiches or wraps
Costco Cranberry Jalapeno Dip Nutritional Facts
- Calories: 180
- Total Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 190mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 14g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 10g
- Protein: 3g