Get ready for a hearty and comforting meal with Pioneer Woman’s Chili Mac recipe! This dish combines the best of two classic comfort foods: chili and mac and cheese. It’s perfect for chilly nights when you crave something filling and satisfying. The recipe features ground beef, tomatoes, beans, and spices, along with macaroni pasta and plenty of melted cheese.
It’s a crowd-pleaser that’s easy to make and sure to become a family favorite. Let’s dive into the details of how to make this delicious Chili Mac!
More Recipes From us:
- White Bean Chicken Chili Pioneer Woman
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili Pioneer Woman
- Joanna Gaines Chili Recipe
💓 Why You’ll Love This Chili Mac Recipe Pioneer Woman
Here are some reasons why you’ll love this Chili Mac Recipe from Pioneer Woman:
- It’s a comforting and hearty meal perfect for cold weather or any time you want something cozy.
- It’s easy to make with simple ingredients and doesn’t require a lot of prep work.
- It’s a crowd-pleaser and great for feeding a large group or meal prepping for the week.
- It’s customizable – you can adjust the spice level or add extra ingredients like beans or veggies to make it your own.
- It’s a one-pot meal, which means minimal cleanup!
What Is Chili Mac Recipe Pioneer Woman Recipe
Pioneer Woman Chili Mac is made of ground beef, kidney beans, diced tomatoes, and macaroni, all simmered together in a flavorful sauce made with chili powder, cumin, and other spices. Once cooked, the dish is topped with shredded cheddar cheese and baked until it’s bubbly and golden brown. It’s an easy-to-follow recipe that’s perfect for a cozy family dinner or a potluck dish that will please any crowd.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
🔪How To Make Chili Mac Recipe Pioneer Woman
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the onion is translucent.
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
- Add the kidney beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and cayenne pepper to the skillet. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, cook the elbow macaroni according to the package directions. Drain and return to the pot.
- Add the beef mixture to the pot with the macaroni and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish and sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve hot and enjoy!
Here are some recipe tips for making Pioneer Woman’s chili mac:
- Use a high-quality ground beef for the best flavor and texture.
- Don’t skip the step of toasting the spices in the pan before adding the beef and other ingredients. This helps to deepen the flavor of the dish.
- Use canned diced tomatoes with green chilies for an extra kick of flavor.
- Cook the macaroni until it is just al dente so it doesn’t become mushy in the chili.
- For a creamier chili mac, stir in some sour cream or shredded cheese at the end of cooking
🍴 What To Serve With Chili Mac?
Chili mac is a hearty and filling dish that can be served on its own or with a variety of side dishes. Here are some suggestions for what to serve with chili mac:
🥶 How To Store Leftovers
To store leftovers of chili mac, let it cool down to room temperature and then transfer it to an airtight container. You can keep it in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. If you want to keep it for longer, you can freeze it. To freeze, let the chili mac cool down to room temperature and transfer it to a freezer-safe container or freezer bag. Make sure to label the container or bag with the date and contents. Chili mac can be frozen for up to 3 months.
🌡️ How To Reheat Leftovers
Here are a few ways to reheat leftovers of Pioneer Woman’s Chili Mac:
- Microwave: Transfer the chili mac to a microwave-safe dish, add a splash of water, and cover it loosely with a lid or microwave-safe wrap. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Stovetop: Place the chili mac in a saucepan or skillet with a splash of water or broth. Heat it over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until it’s warmed through.
- Oven: Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Transfer the chili mac to an oven-safe dish, add a splash of water or broth, and cover it with foil. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until it’s heated through.
Make sure to stir the chili mac occasionally while reheating to ensure even heating. Also, add a splash of water or broth to prevent it from drying out.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it later?
Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it later. Simply store the cooked and cooled chili mac in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat it in the microwave or on the stovetop with a splash of water or broth to prevent it from drying out.
Can I substitute ground turkey or chicken for the ground beef?
Yes, you can substitute ground turkey or chicken for the ground beef. Keep in mind that the flavor and texture of the dish may be slightly different, but it should still be delicious.
Is it spicy? Can I adjust the heat level?
The level of spiciness in this recipe will depend on the type and amount of chili powder and cayenne pepper used. If you prefer a milder flavor, you can reduce the amount of these spices or omit them entirely. Alternatively, if you like it spicier, you can increase the amount or add some diced jalapenos or hot sauce.
Can I use a different type of pasta, like penne or rigatoni?
Yes, you can use a different type of pasta such as penne or rigatoni. However, keep in mind that the cooking time may vary depending on the pasta shape you use. Be sure to cook the pasta according to the package instructions, and adjust the cooking time of the dish accordingly.
Try More Recipes:
Chili Mac Recipe Pioneer Woman Nutrition Fact
• Calories: 582
• Total Fat: 20 g
• Saturated Fat: 8 g
• Trans Fat: 0 g
• Cholesterol: 73 mg
• Sodium: 611 mg
• Total Carbohydrate: 67 g
• Dietary Fiber: 4 g
• Sugars: 4 g
• Protein: 29 g