Are you looking for a delicious and easy-to-make summer meal? Look no further than this scrumptious Chicken Patty On A Bun Recipe! With only a few simple ingredients, this savory classic will be a hit for the whole family. Enjoy a juicy chicken patty on a toasted bun with all your favorite toppings for a meal that will have everyone licking their lips!
Try More Recipes From us:
- Buffalo Wild Wings Street Tacos Recipe
- Crispy Almond Chicken Panda Express Recipe
- Kyle Richards Lasagna Recipe
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- The Chicken Patty on a Bun Recipe is an easy and delicious meal that can be prepared in just 30 minutes. The juicy chicken patty is seasoned with a special blend of herbs and spices that give it a unique flavor, and it’s served on a toasted bun that adds a great crunch.
- This meal is a great way to enjoy a variety of flavors and textures. The juicy patty, the crunchy bun, and the flavorful herbs and spices all come together to make a memorable dish. Plus, it’s a healthy option that’s full of protein and is low in fat and calories.
- The Chicken Patty on a Bun Recipe is also an economical option. You can purchase the ingredients for this meal for just a few dollars, making it an affordable dinner for any budget. Plus, it’s a great dish to make when you’re in a hurry and need something quick and easy.
Chicken Patty On A Bun Ingredients
- Lean ground chicken – The primary ingredient of this Chicken Patty On A Bun is raw chicken; there is no mystery meat or other processed filler.
- Plain bread crumbs – Bread crumbs are employed as both the coating and the binding agent for the patties.
- Milk – Breading the patties in milk aids in their staying together.
- Egg – The eggs serve as a binder for the burger.
- Worcestershire sauce – gives the chicken a richer taste.
- Seasonings – Salt, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, mustard powder, and black pepper are used in this recipe. You can adjust the seasonings to your liking.
- Cooking oil – The breading won’t become golden without a touch of oil.
How Long Do I Bake Chicken Patty?
These chicken patties need 15 minutes in the oven at 400 degrees. The burgers should be about an inch and a half in thickness. A longer cooking time is required for a thicker burger. Always use a digital meat thermometer to determine when raw chicken is cooked through. When the internal temperature of a chicken hits 165 degrees, it is ready to eat.
Is A Chicken Patty On A Bun A Healthy Option?
A chicken patty on a bun can be a healthy option depending on the preparation method used and the ingredients added. A chicken patty made from lean ground chicken, bread crumbs, egg, and seasonings is relatively low in fat and calories. However, the addition of mayo, cheese, and a high-calorie bun can increase the overall calorie count. To make it healthier, you can opt for a whole-grain bun and use a low-calorie condiment or spread.
How To Make Chicken Patty On A Bun?
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chicken, 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, egg, Worcestershire sauce, and all spices. Combine thoroughly.
- Set aside 1 cup of breadcrumbs and 1/2 cup of milk in separate dishes.
- Form the chicken into 3/4″ thick patties the size of your buns. Dredge the patties in the breadcrumbs, then in the milk, and last in the breadcrumbs.
- Cook the patties in batches, depending on how many fit, in a nonstick pan over medium-low heat with a tiny amount of oil. After each batch, add extra oil.
- Cook for 10 minutes, turning once or twice. When the patties reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees, they are done.
- Serve with a spread of mayo on hamburger buns.
What To Serve With Chicken Patty On A Bun?
- Crispy French Fries. Crispy French fries are a classic accompaniment to any chicken patty. They add a great crunchy texture to the dish and pair perfectly with the juicy patty.
- Coleslaw. Coleslaw is a great side dish to serve with a chicken patty. It adds a fresh, crunchy element to the meal, and the creamy dressing helps to add a hint of sweetness to balance out the savory flavors.
- Baked Beans. Baked beans are a great way to add some extra flavor to a chicken patty. The sweet and savory flavors pair perfectly with the patty, and they provide a great contrast to the crispy bun.
- Green Salad. A green salad is a great way to add some freshness and crunch to the meal. The vegetables provide a light and refreshing contrast to the heavier patty and bun.
- Potato Salad. Potato salad is a classic side dish that pairs well with any chicken patty. The potatoes provide a creamy texture and the mayonnaise adds some extra flavor.
How To Store Chicken Patty Leftovers?
The leftover chicken patties should be refrigerated in an airtight container. Patties, both raw and cooked, may be kept this way for a few days without going bad. Wrapping them in plastic before placing them in the freezer will avoid a freezer burn. Defrost them again before using them in a recipe.
Can I Make Chicken Patty In A Skillet?
In a pan over medium heat, add some oil and cook the patties for 10 minutes. To brown the breading, you won’t need a lot of oil, but you’ll probably have to add more with each batch.
Can Chicken Patty Be Microwaved?
Microwaving chicken patties from the store is possible, but it won’t provide the same level of crispness as baking or frying them. However, as raw ground chicken is typically used, homemade chicken patties should not be heated in the microwave. It’s not a good idea to heat raw meat in the microwave.
How To Reheat Chicken Patty?
Preheat the oven to 400°F and arrange the Chicken Patties on a wire rack or on aluminum foil on a baking sheet, sprinkled with a little water if desired. Cook for 5-10 minutes, depending on the size of the patties, flipping halfway through.
What Cheese Goes Best With A Chicken Patty On A Bun?
When it comes to cheese, a classic option would be cheddar cheese, which has a sharp, nutty flavor. Other good options include Swiss, Monterey Jack, or pepper jack.
Can I Use Beef Instead Of Chicken For A Chicken Patty On A Bun?
Beef can be used instead of chicken for a chicken patty on a bun, but it will change the taste and nutritional value of the dish. Beef is typically higher in fat and calories than chicken, so it would not be as healthy of an option.
How Do You Keep The Chicken Patty On A Bun From Becoming Soggy?
To keep a chicken patty on a bun from becoming soggy, it is important to use a bun that is sturdy enough to hold up to the patty and condiments. Also, you can lightly toast the bun to add a crispy texture. A good way to prevent the patty from becoming soggy is to cook it on medium-high heat and only flip it once, this will help the patty to form a crust and not absorb too much moisture. Additionally, you can also use a lean ground chicken and add the patty to the bun only when you’re ready to eat it.
Try More Recipes:
- Bill Miller Fried Chicken Recipe
- Joanna Gaines Mac And Cheese Recipe
- Tgi Fridays Skillet Garlic Shrimp Recipe
Chicken Patty On A Bun Nutrition Facts
- Calories 410
- Total Fat 17g
- Saturated Fat 3.5g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 35mg
- Sodium 740mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46g
- Dietary Fiber 2g
- Sugars 6g
- Protein 18g
- Vitamin A 0%
- Vitamin C 4%
- Calcium 4%
- Iron 15%
Nutrition Facts Source: Source
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 410
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 17g27%
- Saturated Fat 3.5g18%
- Cholesterol 35mg12%
- Sodium 740mg31%
- Total Carbohydrate 46g16%
- Dietary Fiber 2g8%
- Sugars 6g
- Protein 18g36%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.