Chicken Noodle Casserole Pioneer Woman is a classic comfort food that is perfect for a cozy night in. This hearty and satisfying dish is made with tender chicken, noodles, and a creamy sauce that is baked to perfection.
Whether you’re looking for a simple weeknight meal or a comforting dish to bring to a potluck, Chicken Noodle Casserole is sure to be a hit. With its creamy, savory flavors and satisfying texture, this casserole is a surefire way to please a crowd. Whether you’re a seasoned cook or a beginner, Chicken Noodle Casserole is an easy and delicious recipe that is sure to
Try More Recipes:
- Pioneer Woman Chicken Rice Casserole
- French Bread Casserole Pioneer Woman
- Joanna Gaines’ French Toast Casserole
Why You Will Love This Chicken Noodle Casserole Pioneer Woman
- It’s easy to make: Chicken Noodle Casserole is a simple and straightforward recipe that is easy to prepare, even for novice cooks. It only requires a few basic ingredients and can be made in a single casserole dish, making it a convenient and hassle-free meal.
- It’s delicious: Chicken Noodle Casserole is a creamy and flavorful dish that is sure to satisfy your taste buds. The tender noodles and juicy chicken are coated in a savory sauce that is bursting with flavor.
- It’s comforting: There’s something about a warm, hearty casserole that just hits the spot on a cold winter’s night. Chicken Noodle Casserole is the ultimate comfort food, perfect for enjoying with friends and family.
- It’s versatile: Chicken Noodle Casserole can be easily customized to suit your preferences. You can use different types of noodles, vegetables, and herbs to add your own unique twist to the recipe.
- It’s a crowd-pleaser: Chicken Noodle Casserole is a dish that is sure to please a crowd, making it a great option for potlucks, dinner parties, and other gatherings. So, it is a perfect recipe for any occasion.
What Is Chicken Noodle Casserole?
Chicken Noodle Casserole is a classic comfort food that is made with tender noodles, juicy chicken, and a creamy sauce. The ingredients are typically baked together in a casserole dish until the noodles are tender and the chicken is cooked through. Chicken Noodle Casserole is often flavored with herbs, spices, and vegetables, such as onion, celery, and bell peppers. It is a hearty and satisfying dish that is perfect for a cozy night in or for feeding a crowd. Chicken Noodle Casserole is often served with a side of steamed vegetables or a green salad and can be garnished with herbs, cheese, or breadcrumbs.
What Is Chicken Noodle Casserole Pioneer Woman Ingredients?
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 8 oz. uncooked noodles (any type will work)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (10.75 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, green beans, etc.)
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (cheddar or mozzarella work well)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How To Make Chicken Noodle Casserole Pioneer Woman
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions and drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked and shredded chicken, cooked noodles, chicken broth, milk, and condensed cream of chicken soup. Mix well to combine.
- Add the frozen vegetables and mix again.
- Pour the mixture into a 9×13-inch baking dish and top with the grated cheese.
- Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the casserole is hot and bubbly.
- Serve the casserole hot, with additional salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Here are a few tips for making the perfect chicken noodle casserole:
- Use a good-quality chicken broth for added flavor. You can also add a pinch of poultry seasoning or herbs such as thyme or rosemary to the casserole for extra flavor.
- If you prefer a thicker casserole, you can mix 2 tbsp. of cornstarch with 2 tbsp. of cold water and stir it into the casserole mixture before baking. This will help to thicken the sauce and give it a creamy texture.
- For a crunchy topping, try adding a few tablespoons of breadcrumbs or crushed crackers to the top of the casserole before baking. You can also top the casserole with slices of butter or a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese for extra flavor.
- If you’re short on time, you can use a rotisserie chicken or leftover cooked chicken in this recipe. Simply shred the chicken and add it to the casserole mixture.
- Feel free to mix up the vegetables in this recipe to your liking. You can use frozen peas, corn, or green beans, or you can add fresh veggies such as diced bell peppers or sliced mushrooms.
What To Serve With Chicken Noodle Casserole Pioneer Woman?
There are many options for side dishes that go well with chicken noodle casserole. Here are a few ideas:
- Roasted vegetables: Roasted broccoli, Brussels sprouts, or carrots would be a tasty and healthy option.
- Salad: A simple green salad with lettuce, tomatoes, and your favorite dressing would be a refreshing side dish.
- Garlic bread: Garlic bread is a classic accompaniment to any casserole.
- Baked potatoes: Baked potatoes are a simple and tasty side that goes well with almost any casserole.
- Rolls or biscuits: Rolls or biscuits are a classic choice to serve with casseroles.
- Fruit salad: A fresh fruit salad can be a nice contrast to the richness of a casserole.
- Sauteed spinach: Sauteed spinach is a quick and easy side dish that goes well with chicken noodle casserole.
You can also consider serving your casserole with a combination of these side dishes for a well-rounded meal.
In The Fridge:
To store chicken noodle casserole in the fridge, first allow it to cool to room temperature. Then, transfer it to a covered container and place it in the fridge. It will keep for 3-4 days. When you’re ready to eat the casserole, you can reheat it in the oven or microwave until it’s heated through.
In The Freezer:
How To Thaw Chicken Noodle Casserole Pioneer Woman?
There are a few different methods you can use to thaw a chicken noodle casserole:
- Refrigerator: The best way to thaw a casserole is to place it in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight. This method is slow, but it allows the casserole to thaw evenly and helps prevent the growth of bacteria.
- Cold Water: If you need to thaw the casserole more quickly, you can place it in a leak-proof bag and immerse it in cold water. Change the water every 30 minutes to ensure that it stays cold. This method should take about an hour to thaw a small casserole.
- Microwave: If you’re really in a rush, you can try thawing the casserole in the microwave. Place the casserole in a microwave-safe dish and use the “defrost” setting on your microwave. Check the casserole every 5-10 minutes to make sure it’s thawing evenly.
Regardless of which method you choose, make sure to cook the casserole thoroughly before serving it to ensure that it’s safe to eat.
In The Oven:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Transfer the casserole to an oven-safe dish.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake the casserole for 20-30 minutes, or until it’s heated through.
In The Microwave:
- Transfer the casserole to a microwave-safe dish.
- Cover the dish with a microwave-safe lid or plastic wrap.
- Heat the casserole on medium power for 2-3 minutes, or until it’s heated through.
- Stir the casserole and continue heating it in 30-second increments until it’s hot.
Regardless of which method you choose, make sure to check the temperature of the casserole before serving it to ensure that it’s hot throughout.
What are some common ingredients in a chicken noodle casserole?
Common ingredients in a chicken noodle casserole include cooked chicken, noodles, vegetables (such as peas and carrots), a creamy sauce, and cheese.
Can I use a different type of noodle in my casserole?
Yes, you can use a different type of noodle in your casserole. Some alternatives include pasta, rice, or even mashed potatoes.
Can I use canned chicken for my casserole?
Yes, you can use canned chicken for your casserole. Just make sure to drain the chicken and shred it before adding it to the casserole.
Can I freeze a chicken noodle casserole?
Yes, you can freeze a chicken noodle casserole. Just make sure to wrap it well in aluminum foil or plastic wrap and store it in an airtight container. It will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Can I make a vegetarian version of chicken noodle casserole?
Yes, you can make a vegetarian version of chicken noodle casserole by using plant-based protein sources such as tofu or tempeh in place of chicken.
Can I use a different type of cheese in my casserole?
Yes, you can use a different type of cheese in your casserole. Some options include mozzarella, cheddar, or even a blend of different cheeses.
Can I add additional vegetables to my casserole?
Yes, you can add additional vegetables to your casserole. Some options include broccoli, bell peppers, or zucchini.
Chicken Noodle Casserole Pioneer Woman Nutrition Fact
Serving size: 1 cup (250g)
- Calories 288
- Protein 19.3g
- Carbohydrates 32.6g
- Dietary Fiber 2g
- Sugars 1.9g
- Fat 8.5g; Saturated Fat 3.1g
- Cholesterol 98.4mg
- Vitamin A Iu 308.7iu
- Vitamin C 3.3mg
- Folate 159.6mcg
- Calcium 83.9mg
- Iron 2.5mg
- Magnesium 44.3mg
- Potassium 388.8mg
- Sodium 340.4mg.7
Image Source: Source