Need a warm and satisfying dish to serve the whole family? There is no need to look any farther than Jamie Oliver’s recipe for chicken lasagne. This tasty take on a traditional Italian dish, lasagne, with layers of tender chicken, creamy béchamel sauce, and rich tomato sauce. It’s an interesting take on a dish that’s been around for a long time. You can whip up a hearty and gratifying dinner that is guaranteed to become a family favorite with only a few simple ingredients and some easy-to-follow techniques.
In addition, this recipe yields a large quantity, which means that you will have plenty of leftovers for lunch or dinner the following day. Be ready to delve in!
More Recipes From us:
💓 Why You’ll Love This Chicken Lasagne Recipe Jamie Oliver
There are plenty of reasons to love this Chicken Lasagne Recipe by Jamie Oliver, including:
- Flavorful and satisfying: With layers of tender chicken, creamy béchamel sauce, and rich tomato sauce, this lasagne is packed with flavor and sure to satisfy your cravings.
- Easy to make: While lasagne can seem intimidating to make, this recipe breaks it down into simple steps that anyone can follow. Plus, it makes a big batch, so you can feed a crowd or have leftovers for days.
- Customizable: Feel free to make this recipe your own by adding your favorite vegetables or switching up the spices. It’s a versatile dish that can be adapted to suit your tastes.
- Family-friendly: Kids and adults alike will love this hearty and comforting meal. It’s perfect for a cozy family dinner or a special occasion.
- Leftovers: This lasagne reheats well, making it a great option for meal prep or a quick and easy lunch or dinner the next day.
What Is Chicken Lasagne Jamie Oliver Recipe?
The Chicken Lasagne Recipe by Jamie Oliver is a flavorful twist on the classic Italian dish. The recipe calls for boneless chicken thighs, lasagne noodles, tomato passata, onion, garlic, dried herbs, butter, flour, milk, and grated Parmesan cheese.
To make the lasagne, the chicken is first seasoned and cooked until tender. Then, a tomato sauce is made with onion, garlic, passata, and herbs. Next, a creamy béchamel sauce is made by whisking together butter, flour, and milk.
- 2 pounds boneless chicken thighs
- 9 lasagne noodles
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 ounces tomato passata
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
🔪How To Make Chicken Lasagne Recipe Jamie Oliver
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the chicken thighs. Cook for about 10-12 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the chopped onion and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the tomato passata, oregano, basil, thyme, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Stir well and let the sauce simmer for about 10 minutes, or until it thickens.
- While the sauce is simmering, make the béchamel sauce. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk until smooth. Gradually add the milk, whisking constantly until the sauce is smooth and thickened. Add half of the grated Parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
- To assemble the lasagne, spread a layer of tomato sauce in the bottom of a large baking dish. Add a layer of lasagne noodles, followed by a layer of chicken and béchamel sauce. Repeat the layers until all ingredients are used up, finishing with a layer of béchamel sauce on top. Sprinkle the remaining grated Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the lasagne is golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and let the lasagne cool for about 5-10 minutes before serving.
Here are some recipe tips for making Chicken Lasagne Jamie Oliver:
🍴 What To Serve With Chicken Lasagne?
Here are some great options to serve with Chicken Lasagne:
- Garlic Bread: A classic accompaniment to any Italian dish, garlic bread is perfect for soaking up any extra sauce.
- Caesar Salad: A crisp Caesar salad with homemade dressing can be a great light and refreshing side dish to serve alongside Chicken Lasagne.
- Grilled Vegetables: Grilled vegetables, such as zucchini, eggplant, and bell peppers, make a great side dish and can add some extra color and nutrients to your meal.
- Roasted Broccoli: Roasted broccoli seasoned with garlic, salt, and pepper is an easy and healthy side dish that pairs well with Chicken Lasagne.
- Antipasti Platter: An antipasti platter with cured meats, olives, roasted red peppers, and fresh mozzarella is a great way to start off the meal and can be a nice addition to Chicken Lasagne.
🥶 How To Store Leftovers
If you have any leftovers from your smoked salmon quiche, you can store them in several ways to ensure they stay fresh and flavorful. Here are some options:
- Refrigerate: The easiest way to store leftover smoked salmon quiche is in the refrigerator. Allow the quiche to cool to room temperature, then cover it with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place it in the refrigerator. It should keep for up to 3-4 days.
- Freeze: If you’re not planning to eat the leftover quiche within a few days, you can freeze it for longer-term storage. Wrap the quiche tightly with plastic wrap and aluminum foil or place it in an airtight container. Label the container with the date and store it in the freezer. It should keep for up to 2-3 months.
- Cut into Portions: To make it easier to reheat and serve the leftovers, consider cutting the quiche into individual portions before storing it in the fridge or freezer.
🌡️ How To Reheat Leftovers
There are a few ways you can reheat leftover smoked salmon quiche to enjoy it again:
Remember to always reheat the leftover smoked salmon quiche until it’s heated through and hot all the way to the center. Also, avoid reheating the quiche too many times, as this can dry it out and negatively affect its flavor and texture.
Can I make Chicken Lasagne ahead of time?
Yes, you can make Chicken Lasagne ahead of time. To do so, assemble the lasagne in the baking dish and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours. When you’re ready to bake, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the lasagne for about 30 minutes or until it is heated through.
What is the best way to cook Chicken Lasagne?
The best way to cook Chicken Lasagne is to preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with butter or cooking spray, then layer the ingredients in the dish in the following order: cooked chicken, pasta, sauce, cheese, and more sauce. Bake for about 30 minutes until the lasagne is hot and bubbly.
What type of pasta should I use for Chicken Lasagne?
You can use any type of pasta for Chicken Lasagne, but we recommend using lasagne noodles or fettuccine. Lasagne noodles are wide, flat pasta pieces that can be easily layered in the baking dish. Fettuccine is a thinner, ribbon-like pasta that works well with the creamy sauce.
Which type of cheese should I use for Chicken Lasagne
For the best flavor, use a combination of mozzarella, Parmesan, and ricotta cheeses. Mozzarella and Parmesan are great for creating a cheesy, gooey top layer, while ricotta adds a creamy texture to the lasagne.
How long should I cook Chicken Lasagne?
Most Chicken Lasagne recipes recommend baking for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. The lasagne should be heated through and golden brown on top when done.
Try More Recipes:
Chicken Lasagne Recipe Jamie Oliver Nutrition Fact
- Total Calories: 425 calories
- Total Fat: 19 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Cholesterol: 83 mg
- Sodium: 629 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4 g
- Sugars: 6 g
- Protein: 31 g
- Vitamin A: 10%
- Vitamin C: 6%
- Calcium: 24%
- Iron: 11%