Want to impress your guests with a warm and satisfying meal? Try your hand at Jamie Oliver’s Chicken Fricassee instead of looking everywhere else! This traditional dish from France is made with tender chicken that is simmered in a sauce that is seasoned with herbs and vegetables. The inclusion of bacon and mushrooms in Jamie Oliver’s recipe lends the dish a contemporary air, resulting in a scrumptious main course that is ideal for a satisfying meal enjoyed in the comfort of one’s own home.
Hence, wipe the dust from your apron and get ready to indulge in the warm and reassuring flavors of Chicken Fricassee created by Jamie Oliver.
More Recipes From us:
- Jamie Oliver Spicy Pumpkin Soup
- Jamie Oliver Spicy Tomato Soup
- Jamie Oliver Sweet Potato And Leek Soup
💓 Why You’ll Love This Chicken Fricassee Jamie Oliver
Here are some reasons why you’ll love Jamie Oliver’s Chicken Fricassee:
- Comfort Food at its Best: Chicken Fricassee is a classic comfort food dish that is sure to warm you up and make you feel cozy and satisfied.
- Flavorful and Rich: With a creamy sauce, flavorful herbs, and the addition of bacon and mushrooms, Jamie Oliver’s Chicken Fricassee is a rich and satisfying dish that is bursting with flavor.
- Easy to Make: While it may sound fancy, Chicken Fricassee is actually a simple dish that can be made with just a few ingredients and some basic cooking techniques.
- Perfect for Entertaining: With its impressive presentation and delicious flavors, Chicken Fricassee is a great dish to serve when entertaining guests.
- Healthy Option: With the addition of lots of veggies, Chicken Fricassee can be a healthy option that is also packed with flavor.
- Leftovers: This dish is perfect for leftovers, as the flavors will only continue to develop and improve over time.
- Crowd-Pleaser: With its classic flavors and comforting ingredients, Chicken Fricassee is a dish that is sure to please everyone at the dinner table.
- A Modern Twist: Jamie Oliver’s recipe adds a modern twist to this classic dish with the addition of bacon and mushrooms, taking it to a whole new level of deliciousness.
What Is Chicken Fricassee Jamie Oliver Recipe?
Chicken Fricassee is a classic French dish that features tender chicken cooked in a creamy sauce with herbs and vegetables. Jamie Oliver’s recipe for Chicken Fricassee adds a modern twist with the addition of bacon and mushrooms, creating a rich and flavorful dish that is perfect for a cozy dinner at home. The dish is typically made by browning the chicken first and then cooking it in a mixture of chicken broth and white wine, with the addition of onions, garlic, mushrooms, and herbs like thyme and bay leaves.
The sauce is then thickened with a bit of flour and finished with cream to create a smooth and creamy texture. The Chicken Fricassee is usually served hot with a side of rice, noodles, or mashed potatoes and a variety of roasted or steamed vegetables.
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups of sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup of white wine
- 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
🔪How To Make Chicken Fricassee Jamie Oliver
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until browned. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the bacon and cook until crispy. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for about 2-3 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until they have released their liquid.
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and stir to combine. Cook for another minute or two.
- Add the white wine, chicken broth, bay leaf, and thyme to the pan. Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring constantly, until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the chicken back to the pan, cover, and simmer for about 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Remove the bay leaf and thyme sprig from the pan. Stir in the heavy cream and heat through.
- Serve the Chicken Fricassee hot with your favorite sides. Enjoy!
Note: You can use chicken thighs or a whole chicken cut into pieces instead of chicken breasts if you prefer.
Sure, here are some recipe tips to make your Chicken Fricassee turn out perfectly:
- Use boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs: This will make the dish easier to eat and also cook more evenly.
- Brown the chicken: Browning the chicken before cooking it in the sauce will add extra flavor and help it retain its moisture.
- Use a mix of chicken broth and white wine: This will add depth and richness to the sauce.
- Cook the bacon and vegetables first: This will allow the flavors to develop and ensure the vegetables are cooked properly.
- Use fresh thyme and bay leaves: These herbs add a lovely flavor to the dish and can be easily removed before serving.
- Don’t overcook the chicken: Be sure to check the chicken regularly to avoid overcooking, which can cause it to become tough and dry.
- Add the cream at the end: Adding the cream at the end will help prevent curdling and ensure a smooth and creamy sauce.
With these tips, you can create a delicious and comforting Chicken Fricassee that will impress your friends and family!
🍴 What To Serve With Chicken Fricassee?
Chicken Fricassee is a rich and hearty dish that pairs well with a variety of sides. Here are some ideas for what to serve with Chicken Fricassee:
With these options, you can create a well-rounded and delicious meal with Chicken Fricassee as the star of the show!
🥶 How To Store Leftovers
If you have leftovers of Jamie Oliver’s Chicken Fricassee, there are a few different ways you can store them:
- In the fridge: Transfer the leftovers to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
- In the freezer: Chicken Fricassee can also be frozen for longer storage. Allow the dish to cool completely before transferring it to a freezer-safe container or freezer bag. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- In smaller portions: If you don’t want to thaw and reheat the entire batch, consider dividing the leftovers into smaller portions that can be reheated individually.
To ensure the best quality when reheating leftovers, be sure to store them properly and follow safe reheating methods.
🌡️ How To Reheat Leftovers
There are a few different ways to reheat leftover Chicken Fricassee, depending on your preference and the amount of time you have. Here are some options:
- Microwave: This is the quickest and easiest way to reheat leftover Chicken Fricassee. Simply transfer the desired portion to a microwave-safe dish and heat in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until heated through.
- Stovetop: To reheat on the stovetop, transfer the leftover Chicken Fricassee to a saucepan and heat over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Oven: For larger batches, you can reheat the Chicken Fricassee in the oven. Transfer the leftovers to an oven-safe dish, cover with foil, and heat in a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for 20-30 minutes, or until heated through.
- Slow cooker: If you have a slow cooker, you can reheat the Chicken Fricassee on low heat for a few hours, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
Note: If the sauce has thickened or become too dry, you can add a splash of chicken broth or cream to thin it out and bring it back to the desired consistency.
What kind of chicken is used in Chicken Fricassee?
As a general rule, the sections of the chicken that are utilized as the source of protein in chicken fricassee are boneless chicken breasts or chicken thighs that have been stripped of their skin.
Can Chicken Fricassee be made ahead of time?
It is possible to prepare Chicken Fricassee in advance and then reheat it at a later time. This procedure is called “advanced preparation.” The process in question is referred to as “advanced preparation.”
Can Chicken Fricassee be made in a slow cooker?
Yes, Chicken Fricassee can be made in a slow cooker by browning the chicken first and then transferring it to the slow cooker with the other ingredients.
What’s the difference between Chicken Fricassee and Chicken Stew?
The sauce used in the preparation of chicken fricassee is normally of the creamy variety, whereas the sauce used in the preparation of chicken stew is typically of the tomato-based variety.
Can I make Chicken Fricassee in a pressure cooker?
Yes, you can make Chicken Fricassee in a pressure cooker by browning the chicken first and then adding the other ingredients to the pressure cooker.
Try More Recipes:
- Jamie Oliver Sweet Potato Chorizo Soup
- Jamie Oliver Thai Coconut Chicken Soup
- Jamie Oliver Thai Pumpkin Soup
Chicken Fricassee Jamie Oliver Nutrition Fact
- Calories: 533 kcal
- Total Fat: 34 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Cholesterol: 141 mg
- Sodium: 483 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 15 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2 g
- Sugars: 4 g
- Protein: 35 g
- Vitamin A: 11%
- Vitamin C: 9%
- Calcium: 7%
- Iron: 17%