Cheesy monkey bread is a delicious and indulgent pull-apart bread that is made by rolling small pieces of dough in melted butter and a mixture of grated cheese and spices, and then stacking them in a bundt pan. When baked, the dough balls become soft and fluffy on the inside, and crispy and golden brown on the outside. The result is a savory and irresistible bread that is perfect for snacking or serving as an appetizer.
- Pioneer Woman French Bread Pizza
- Pioneer Woman Pizza Dip With Garlic Bread
- Pioneer Woman Pull Apart Cheese Bread
Why You’ll Love This Cheesy Monkey Bread Pioneer Woman
- It’s delicious. The combination of soft and fluffy dough, melted cheese, and savory spices makes for an irresistible and flavorful treat.
- It’s fun to eat. Pulling apart the soft and cheesy pieces of monkey bread is a fun and interactive way to enjoy this dish.
- It’s perfect for sharing. Cheesy monkey bread is a great choice for serving as an appetizer or snack at a party or gathering, as it can be easily shared with a group of people.
- It’s easy to make. With just a few simple ingredients and minimal prep time, cheesy monkey bread is a quick and easy dish to prepare.
- It’s a tasty alternative to traditional bread. If you’re looking for a change from plain old bread, cheesy monkey bread is a tasty and unique alternative that is sure to satisfy your cravings.
What Is Cheesy Monkey Bread?
To make this savory and decadent pull-apart bread, you will first roll little pieces of dough in melted butter and a mixture of grated cheese and spices, and then stack them in a bundt pan. After being baked, the dough balls take on a golden crisp exterior and a light and airy interior. The end result is an appealing bread that can be eaten as a snack or used as an appetizer.
Cheesy Monkey Bread Pioneer Woman Ingredients
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup grated cheese (such as cheddar, mozzarella, or a blend)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
How To Make Cheesy Monkey Bread Pioneer Woman
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the milk and melted butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into small balls, about 1 inch in diameter.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and salt.
- Dip the dough balls in the melted butter, and then roll them in the cheese mixture.
- Place the dough balls in a greased bundt pan, stacking them on top of each other.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the monkey bread is puffed and golden.
- Allow the monkey bread to cool for a few minutes, and then turn it out onto a serving plate.
- Serve the monkey bread warm, pulling the soft and cheesy pieces apart to enjoy.
- Use high-quality ingredients. Using good-quality flour, cheese, and spices will help to ensure that your monkey bread tastes its best.
- Roll the dough balls evenly. Make sure to roll the dough balls into evenly sized pieces so that they cook evenly in the oven.
- Don’t overmix the dough. Overmixing the dough can result in tough and chewy monkey bread. Mix the dough just until the ingredients are combined, and then stop.
- Use a bundt pan with a non-stick coating. A non-stick bundt pan will make it easier to turn the monkey bread out of the pan and onto a serving plate.
- Allow the monkey bread to cool slightly before serving. This will help to prevent the cheese from sticking to your fingers as you pull the pieces apart.
- Experiment with different flavors. Feel free to customize the cheese mixture by adding your own favorite herbs and spices, or by using different types of cheese.
What To Serve With Cheesy Monkey Bread Pioneer Woman?
Cheesy monkey bread is a delicious and indulgent treat that pairs well with a variety of dishes. Here are a few ideas for what to serve with cheesy monkey bread:
- A simple green salad: A crisp and refreshing green salad is a great way to balance out the richness of the monkey bread.
- Roasted vegetables: Roasted vegetables such as Brussels sprouts, asparagus, or sweet potatoes are a tasty and healthy accompaniment to monkey bread.
- A bowl of soup: A bowl of creamy tomato soup or spicy chili makes for a cozy and satisfying meal when served with monkey bread.
- A selection of dips: Offer a variety of dips, such as hummus, guacamole, or spinach and artichoke dip, for dipping the monkey bread pieces into.
- A main course: Cheesy monkey bread is a great addition to a meal, and can be served alongside dishes such as grilled chicken, steak, or fish.
Overall, there are many delicious options for what to serve with cheesy monkey bread. Simply choose dishes that you enjoy and that will complement the flavors of the monkey bread.
How To Store Cheesy Monkey Bread Pioneer Woman?
Cheesy monkey bread is a savory bread made with refrigerated biscuit dough and cheese. It can be stored in the fridge or freezer to extend its shelf life. Here’s how to store cheesy monkey bread:
To store in the fridge:
To store in the freezer:
To freeze monkey bread, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil, or place it in a resealable freezer bag. It will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Thaw in the microwave: Remove the monkey bread from the freezer and place it on a microwave-safe plate. Use the “defrost” setting on your microwave to thaw the monkey bread in 1-2 minute intervals, flipping it over halfway through.
- Thaw in a warm water bath: Place the monkey bread in a resealable plastic bag and immerse it in a bowl of warm water. Let it sit for 30-60 minutes, or until it’s thawed.
- Thaw in the oven: Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and place the monkey bread on a baking sheet. Cover it with foil and bake it for 20-30 minutes, or until it’s thawed and heated through.
It’s important to thaw the monkey bread completely before reheating it to ensure that it’s heated through and not soggy.
How To Reheat Cheesy Monkey Bread Pioneer Woman?
In the oven:
To reheat in the oven:
In the microwave:
- Place a single slice of monkey bread on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes, or until heated through.
- Repeat with additional slices if needed.
It’s important to note that the microwave method will result in a softer texture than the oven method. You can also try using a toaster oven for a quicker reheating process.
Can I make monkey bread in advance?
Yes, you can make monkey bread in advance and store it in the fridge or freezer. Just be sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil to prevent it from drying out.
Can I use different types of cheese in monkey bread?
Yes, you can use any type of cheese that you like in monkey bread. Some popular options include cheddar, mozzarella, parmesan, and gouda.
Can I add herbs or spices to monkey bread?
Yes, you can add herbs or spices to monkey bread to give it extra flavor. Some good options include garlic powder, Italian seasoning, or dried herbs like basil or oregano.
Can I make monkey bread without using biscuit dough?
Yes, you can make monkey bread using homemade dough or store-bought dough that is not biscuit dough.
Can I make monkey bread in a different shape or size?
Yes, you can make monkey bread in a different shape or size by using a different type of pan. For example, you can use a bundt pan to make a round monkey bread, or a loaf pan to make a rectangular monkey bread.
Can I make monkey bread with sweet ingredients instead of savory ones?
Yes, you can make monkey bread with sweet ingredients like cinnamon, sugar, and caramel sauce. This is a variation on the traditional recipe and is often referred to as “cinnamon roll monkey bread.”
Try More Recipes:
Cheesy Monkey Bread Pioneer Woman Nutrition Fact
- Calories: 150
- Total Fat: 7 grams
- Saturated Fat: 4 grams
- Cholesterol: 20 milligrams
- Sodium: 300 milligrams
- Total Carbohydrates: 18 grams
- Dietary Fiber: 1 gram
- Sugars: 2 grams
- Protein: 5 grams