Carrot and courgette soup is a delicious and healthy meal that’s perfect for any time of year. This soup is packed with flavor and nutrients, making it a great way to sneak in some extra veggies into your diet. Jamie Oliver’s recipe for carrot and courgette soup is easy to follow and can be made in just a few simple steps. Whether you’re looking for a quick lunch or a cozy dinner, this soup is sure to satisfy your taste buds and leave you feeling satisfied.
More Recipes From us:
💓 Why You’ll Love This Carrot And Courgette Soup Jamie Oliver
There are many reasons to love Jamie Oliver’s Carrot and Courgette Soup recipe! Here are just a few:
- Healthy: This soup is packed with vegetables, which means it’s full of vitamins and nutrients that are good for you. Carrots are a great source of vitamin A, while courgettes are rich in fiber.
- Easy to make: Jamie Oliver’s recipe is straightforward and easy to follow, even if you’re not an experienced cook. With just a few simple steps, you’ll have a delicious soup in no time.
- Budget-friendly: This soup is made with simple, affordable ingredients that are easy to find at your local grocery store. It’s a great meal option if you’re on a budget.
- Versatile: This soup can be customized to suit your taste preferences. If you like your soup spicy, you can add some chili flakes or cayenne pepper. If you prefer a creamier soup, you can add a splash of cream or coconut milk.
- Comforting: There’s nothing quite as comforting as a warm bowl of soup on a chilly day. This soup is perfect for a cozy night in or a quick lunch at work.
Overall, Jamie Oliver’s Carrot and Courgette Soup is a delicious and healthy meal that’s easy to make and can be customized to suit your taste. Give it a try and see why it’s such a crowd-pleaser!
What Is Carrot And Courgette Soup Jamie Oliver Recipe?
Unfortunately, Jamie Oliver does not have a specific recipe for carrot and courgette soup. However, there are many delicious recipes available online that you can try. For a simple version, you will need carrots, courgettes, onion, garlic, vegetable stock, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
To make the soup, you will need to sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil until they are softened, add the carrots and courgettes, pour in the vegetable stock, and simmer until the vegetables are soft. Finally, you can blend the soup until it is smooth and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 large carrots, chopped
- 2 courgettes, chopped
- 1 potato, chopped
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, to serve (optional)
🔪How To Make Carrot And Courgette Soup Jamie Oliver
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pot and cook for a few minutes until they are soft and fragrant.
- Add the chopped carrots, courgettes, and potato to the pot and stir to combine.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the soup simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the soup until it’s smooth and creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the soup hot, garnished with fresh parsley if desired.
Here are some tips to keep in mind when making Jamie Oliver’s Carrot and Courgette Soup:
- Use fresh vegetables: The quality of the vegetables you use will greatly affect the taste of the soup. Use fresh and ripe carrots and courgettes for the best flavor.
- Cut the vegetables evenly: When chopping the vegetables, try to make sure they are cut into similar sizes so that they cook evenly.
- Use a good quality vegetable stock: The quality of your stock will affect the overall taste of the soup. Use a good quality vegetable stock for the best flavor.
- Adjust the seasoning: Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning as needed. If it’s too bland, add more salt and pepper. If it’s too spicy, add more stock or some cream to mellow it out.
- Add a splash of acid: If the soup feels a bit heavy, try adding a splash of lemon juice or white wine vinegar to brighten up the flavors.
- Customize to your liking: Don’t be afraid to add your own personal touches to the soup. You can add other vegetables like celery or bell peppers, or even some protein like chicken or tofu.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to make a delicious and satisfying carrot and courgette soup that’s perfect for any occasion.
🍴 What To Serve With Carrot And Courgette Soup?
- Grilled Cheese Sandwich: A classic grilled cheese sandwich is the perfect accompaniment to a creamy carrot and courgette soup.
- Croutons: Sprinkle croutons over the soup for a crunchy texture and added flavor.
- Sautéed Vegetables: Serve sautéed vegetables such as mushrooms, peppers, onions, or spinach as a side for a vitamin-packed meal.
- Roasted Chickpeas: Roast chickpeas in the oven with your favorite spices for a crunchy, protein-packed side dish.
- Grilled Shrimp: Grill up some shrimp and serve with a light lemon butter sauce for an easy and delicious meal.
- Bacon Bits: Top your soup with bacon bits for an extra smoky flavor.
- Herb & Garlic Toast: Toast some thick slices of bread with garlic and herbs and serve as a side to your soup.
- Hummus: Serve a flavorful hummus as a dip for your vegetables or as a side to your soup.
- Fruit Salad: Add a pop of color to your plate with a fruity side salad.
- Quesadilla: Make a quick quesadilla with cheese, spinach, and peppers for an easy and delicious snack.
🥶 How To Store Leftovers
- Freeze It: Ladle your leftover soup into freezer-safe containers or zip-top freezer bags and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Refrigerate It: Place your leftover soup in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Freeze It in Ice Cube Trays: Portion out your leftover soup into ice cube trays and freeze as individual cubes. When you’re ready to use, just pop out the desired number of cubes and reheat in a pot.
- Freeze It Into Individual Portions: For an even faster meal, freeze your soup into individual portions. Once frozen, transfer to freezer-safe bags and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
🌡️ How To Reheat Leftovers
- Reheat Leftovers Carrot and Courgette Soup on the stovetop: Place the soup in a pot and heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the soup is hot.
- Reheat Leftovers Carrot and Courgette Soup in the microwave: Place the soup in a microwave-safe bowl, cover and heat on high for 2-3 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Reheat Leftovers Carrot and Courgette Soup in the oven: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the soup in an oven-safe dish, cover and bake for 20-30 minutes, stirring halfway through, until the soup is hot.
- Reheat Leftovers Carrot and Courgette Soup in an Instant Pot: Place the soup in the Instant Pot and select the ‘soup’ function. Cook for 10-15 minutes until the soup is hot.
- Reheat Leftovers Carrot and Courgette Soup in a slow cooker: Place the soup in a slow cooker and cook on low for 4-6 hours, stirring occasionally, until the soup is hot.
What are the health benefits of Carrot and Courgette Soup?
Carrot and Courgette Soup is a great source of vitamins and minerals. Carrots are a good source of Vitamin A, which helps to maintain healthy eyesight and skin. Courgettes (zucchini) are an excellent source of fiber, potassium, and magnesium. They are also low in calories and fat. The combination of both vegetables makes for a healthy and nutritious soup.
What are some variations of Carrot and Courgette Soup?
Carrot and Courgette Soup can be made with different variations to add additional flavor. For example, some people like to add in some spices like cumin or curry powder to the soup. You can also add in other vegetables like potatoes, sweet potatoes, or squash. You can also add in some proteins like chicken or shrimp to make a heartier soup.
Can Carrot and Courgette Soup be made in a slow cooker?
Yes, Carrot and Courgette Soup can be made in a slow cooker. To make the soup in a slow cooker, add the chopped carrots, courgettes, onion, garlic, and vegetable broth to the slow cooker. Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours until the vegetables are tender. Once the vegetables are cooked, blend the soup until it is smooth and creamy.
Why Is My Carrot And Courgette Soup watery?
Your soup may be watery for a few reasons. First, you may have added too much liquid or broth to the soup. Second, you may not have cooked your vegetables long enough. Finally, you may have added too many vegetables, which can water down the soup. To fix a watery soup, reduce the liquid, cook the vegetables longer, and reduce the number of vegetables used.
Carrot And Courgette Soup Jamie Oliver Nutrition Fact
- Calories: 168
- Carbohydrates: 28.3g
- Protein: 4.8g
- Fat: 3.6g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6g
- Sodium: 495mg
- Potassium: 605mg
- Fiber: 6.4g
- Sugar: 8.4g
- Vitamin A: 3590IU
- Vitamin C: 35.5mg
- Calcium: 64mg
- Iron: 1.7mg