Are you tired of the same old lasagne recipe? Why not switch things up and try Jamie Oliver’s butternut squash lasagne? This vegetarian take on the classic Italian dish is sure to impress your guests and tantalize your taste buds. With layers of creamy butternut squash, spinach, and ricotta cheese, this lasagne is both hearty and healthy. So, grab a glass of wine and let’s get cooking!
More Recipes From us:
- Jamie Oliver Pearl Barley Soup
- Jamie Oliver Potato Leek Bacon Soup Recipe
- Jamie Oliver Pumpkin And Bacon Soup
💓 Why You’ll Love This Butternut Squash Lasagne Jamie Oliver
- Healthy: Butternut squash lasagne is a great way to incorporate more vegetables into your diet. With the addition of spinach and other healthy ingredients, this dish is both nutritious and delicious.
- Vegetarian: This recipe is perfect for vegetarians and anyone looking to reduce their meat consumption. The butternut squash and ricotta cheese provide plenty of protein and flavor without the need for meat.
- Easy to make: While lasagne can be a time-consuming dish to make, Jamie Oliver’s recipe is simple to follow and doesn’t require any complicated techniques or equipment.
- Family-friendly: Even picky eaters will love the creamy texture and delicious flavors of butternut squash lasagne. It’s a great way to introduce kids to new vegetables and encourage them to eat healthier.
- Comfort food: Butternut squash lasagne is the perfect comfort food for cold winter nights. The warm and creamy flavors will leave you feeling cozy and satisfied.
- Leftovers: This recipe makes a large batch, so you can enjoy leftovers for lunch or dinner the next day. The flavors will only get better as they sit, making it a great meal prep option.
- Affordable: Butternut squash is an affordable ingredient, making this recipe a great option if you’re on a budget. You can easily feed a crowd without breaking the bank.
- Delicious: At the end of the day, the most important reason to love butternut squash lasagne is because it tastes amazing! The combination of creamy butternut squash, spinach, and ricotta cheese is a match made in heaven.
What Is Butternut Squash Lasagne Jamie Oliver Recipe?
Jamie Oliver’s butternut squash lasagne recipe is a vegetarian version of the classic Italian dish that features layers of butternut squash, spinach, and ricotta cheese, all topped off with a creamy béchamel sauce and grated Parmesan cheese.
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and sliced thinly
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound fresh spinach
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups béchamel sauce
- 9-12 lasagne sheets
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
🔪How To Make Butternut Squash Lasagne
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large skillet, heat some olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until softened.
- Add the spinach to the pan and cook until wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate skillet, cook the butternut squash slices until tender and lightly browned on both sides.
- In a bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese and grated Parmesan cheese.
- To assemble the lasagne, spread a thin layer of béchamel sauce on the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Place a layer of lasagne sheets on top of the sauce, followed by a layer of butternut squash slices, spinach, and ricotta cheese mixture. Repeat the layers until all the ingredients are used up, finishing with a layer of béchamel sauce on top.
- Sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese on top of the lasagne.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly on top and the lasagne sheets are cooked through. Let the lasagne cool for a few minutes before serving.
Enjoy Jamie Oliver’s delicious butternut squash lasagne recipe as a hearty and healthy vegetarian main course!
⏱ How Long To Bake Butternut Squash Lasagne
Here’s a table with approximate baking times for butternut squash lasagne, depending on the method you choose:
|Baking Method||Baking Time|
|Conventional Oven at 375°F (190°C)||30-40 minutes|
|Convection Oven at 350°F (175°C)||25-35 minutes|
|Slow Cooker on High||2-3 hours|
|Slow Cooker on Low||4-5 hours|
Please note that these times are approximate and may vary depending on the thickness of the lasagne sheets and the specific heat of your oven or slow cooker. It’s important to always check the lasagne for doneness and make sure the internal temperature reaches at least 165°F (74°C) before serving.
Here are some recipe tips to ensure that your butternut squash lasagne turns out perfectly:
🍴 What To Serve With Butternut Squash Lasagne?
Butternut squash lasagne is a delicious and hearty vegetarian dish that can be served as a main course or as part of a larger meal. Here are some suggestions for what to serve with butternut squash lasagne:
- Salad: A crisp and refreshing salad, such as a Caesar or garden salad, is a great way to balance out the richness of the lasagne.
- Breadsticks: Serve some breadsticks or grissini on the side for a crunchy and savory accompaniment to the lasagne.
- Dessert: Finish off the meal with a sweet treat, such as tiramisu, panna cotta, or gelato, for a classic Italian-inspired dessert.
- Roasted vegetables: Roasted vegetables, such as carrots, Brussels sprouts, or broccoli, are a healthy and flavorful side dish that complements the sweet and savory flavors of the butternut squash.
Enjoy your butternut squash lasagne with any of these delicious sides and create a complete and satisfying meal that everyone will love!
🥶 How To Store Leftovers
If you have any leftovers of butternut squash lasagne, don’t worry! It can be stored easily and enjoyed for a few more meals. Here are some tips for storing leftovers of butternut squash lasagne:
By following these simple steps, you can store your leftover butternut squash lasagne safely and enjoy it for another meal or two.
🌡️ How To Reheat Leftovers
Reheating leftovers of butternut squash lasagne is easy and can be done in a few different ways depending on your preference. Here are some tips for reheating your leftover lasagne:
- In the oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Place the lasagne in an oven-safe dish and cover with foil. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until heated through. Remove the foil and continue baking for an additional 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- In the microwave: Place the lasagne in a microwave-safe dish and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Check the lasagne every minute to avoid overcooking it.
- In a skillet: Cut the leftover lasagne into individual portions and heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add a small amount of olive oil or butter and place the lasagne portions in the skillet. Cook for a few minutes on each side or until heated through and crispy on the edges.
- In a slow cooker: Cut the leftover lasagne into small pieces and place them in a slow cooker. Add a small amount of tomato sauce or broth to prevent the lasagne from drying out. Cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through.
No matter which method you choose, be sure to check the temperature of the lasagne with a food thermometer to ensure it reaches at least 165°F (74°C) before serving. Enjoy your reheated butternut squash lasagne for a delicious and convenient meal!
Can you make butternut squash lasagne ahead of time?
Yes, you are able to prepare butternut squash lasagna ahead of time and then either store it in the refrigerator or the freezer until it is time to serve it.
Can you add meat to butternut squash lasagne?
Yes, you can add meat to butternut squash lasagne if you prefer. Ground turkey, chicken, or beef are good options that complement the flavors of the butternut squash.
Can you make butternut squash lasagne without ricotta cheese?
Yes, you can make butternut squash lasagne without ricotta cheese if you prefer. You can substitute it with other types of cheese such as mozzarella, feta, or goat cheese.
How do you make béchamel sauce for butternut squash lasagne?
To make béchamel sauce, whisk together melted butter and flour in a saucepan over medium heat. Slowly add milk while whisking constantly until the sauce thickens. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg to taste.
How do you cut and peel a butternut squash?
To cut and peel a butternut squash, first trim off both ends with a sharp knife. Stand the squash upright on one end and use a vegetable peeler to remove the skin, following the contours of the squash
Can you make butternut squash lasagne with no-boil lasagne noodles?
Yes, you can use no-boil lasagne noodles instead of traditional lasagne noodles. They will cook in the oven along with the other ingredients.
- Calories: 350
- Total Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Sodium: 600mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 39g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- Sugars: 8g
- Protein: 13g
- Vitamin A: 200%
- Vitamin C: 20%
- Calcium: 10%
- Iron: 10%
Try More Recipes: