Baked Salmon Lasagne Jamie Oliver is a delicious and unique twist on the classic Italian dish. Jamie Oliver has a fantastic recipe that combines layers of creamy cheese sauce, fresh pasta sheets, and succulent salmon fillets for a rich and satisfying meal. This dish is perfect for a cozy dinner party or a special family meal. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at why you should try Jamie Oliver’s salmon lasagne recipe and how to make it yourself.
More Recipes From us:
- Jamie Oliver Carrot And Broccoli Soup
- Jamie Oliver Chicken And Sweetcorn Soup
- Jamie Oliver Butternut Squash Soup With Coconut Milk
💓 Why You’ll Love This Baked Salmon Lasagne Jamie Oliver
There are many reasons why you’ll love Baked Salmon Lasagne Jamie Oliver recipe. Here are just a few:
- Unique and delicious: This recipe is a unique twist on traditional lasagne, featuring salmon as the main protein instead of ground beef or sausage. The combination of rich cheese sauce and succulent salmon creates a flavor profile that’s both rich and satisfying.
- Easy to make: Despite its gourmet flavor, this recipe is actually quite easy to make. Jamie Oliver’s recipe provides clear instructions and tips to make the process as smooth as possible, even for beginner cooks.
- Healthy and nutritious: Salmon is a great source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for heart health and brain function. This recipe also features fresh vegetables like spinach and fennel, adding vitamins and minerals to your meal.
- Great for meal prep: This recipe makes a large lasagne that can easily be portioned out and frozen for later. This makes it an excellent option for meal prep or for feeding a crowd.
What Is Baked Salmon Lasagne Jamie Oliver Recipe?
Baked Salmon lasagne is a delicious twist on a classic Italian dish. Instead of ground beef or sausage, this recipe features flaked salmon, creamy white sauce, and plenty of flavorful herbs and spices. While the exact recipe may vary depending on the chef, some common ingredients in salmon lasagne recipes include lasagne noodles, smoked salmon, ricotta cheese, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, garlic, and dill. The ingredients are layered in a baking dish, then baked in the oven until bubbly and golden brown. The result is a rich, flavorful lasagne that’s perfect for a special occasion or a cozy family dinner.
- 6 fresh lasagne sheets
- 300g fresh spinach
- 1 bulb of fennel
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 150g Cheddar cheese
- 150g Parmesan cheese
- 500ml whole milk
- 50g butter
- 50g plain flour
- 500g fresh salmon fillets, skin off
- 1 lemon
- Olive oil
🔪How To Make Baked Salmon Lasagne Jamie Oliver
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6. Blanch the lasagne sheets in boiling salted water for 3 minutes, then remove and set aside.
- In a large pan, wilt the spinach with a splash of water. Drain and set aside.
- Slice the fennel and garlic and gently fry in a little olive oil until softened.
- To make the cheese sauce, melt the butter in a separate pan, then stir in the flour to make a roux. Gradually whisk in the milk, then bring to the boil and simmer for a few minutes until thickened. Stir in the Cheddar cheese and half of the Parmesan cheese.
- Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper and zest the lemon over them.
- In a baking dish, layer the lasagne sheets, followed by the spinach, fennel, and salmon. Repeat until you’ve used all the ingredients, then pour over the cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese over the top and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for a few minutes before serving.
Here are some helpful tips to keep in mind when making Jamie Oliver’s salmon lasagne recipe:
- Use fresh salmon fillets: Fresh salmon will give your lasagne the best flavor and texture. If you can’t find fresh salmon, frozen fillets will work as well.
- Don’t overcook the salmon: Be careful not to overcook the salmon, as it can become dry and tough. Keep an eye on it while it’s in the oven and remove it as soon as it’s cooked through.
- Blanch the lasagne sheets: Blanching the lasagne sheets in boiling salted water before assembling the lasagne will make them more pliable and easier to work with.
- Use a mix of cheeses: Jamie Oliver’s recipe calls for a mix of Cheddar and Parmesan cheese, which adds a delicious depth of flavor to the dish.
- Season well: Be sure to season each layer of the lasagne well with salt and pepper to enhance the flavors.
- Let it rest: Allow the lasagne to rest for a few minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld together and to make it easier to slice.
🍴 What To Serve With Baked Salmon Lasagne?
If you’re looking for some more unique side dishes to serve with Baked Salmon Lasagne, here are a few ideas:
- Grilled Vegetables: Instead of roasting your vegetables, try grilling them for a smoky flavor. Grilled zucchini, asparagus, and red peppers are all delicious options.
- Creamy Coleslaw: A creamy coleslaw made with shredded cabbage, carrots, and a mayonnaise-based dressing can add a refreshing and crunchy element to the meal.
- Herb Salad: Instead of a plain green salad, try making a salad with fresh herbs such as basil, parsley, and mint. Add some cherry tomatoes and a lemon vinaigrette for a burst of flavor.
- Cornbread: A savory cornbread is a great alternative to garlic bread, and its sweetness can be a nice contrast to the saltiness of the lasagne.
- Caprese Salad: A classic Caprese salad with fresh mozzarella, sliced tomatoes, and basil is a simple and delicious side dish that pairs well with the richness of the salmon.
🥶 How To Store Leftovers
If you have leftover salmon lasagne, it’s important to store it properly to ensure it stays fresh and safe to eat. Here are a few ways to store your leftovers:
🌡️ How To Reheat Leftovers
There are a few different ways you can reheat leftover salmon lasagne, depending on how much time you have and how you prefer to reheat your food. Here are three methods:
- Microwave: The quickest and easiest way to reheat salmon lasagne is in the microwave. Place a portion of lasagne on a microwave-safe plate and cover it with a damp paper towel. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Oven: For a crispy and evenly reheated salmon lasagne, use the oven. Preheat the oven to 350°F and place the leftover lasagne in an oven-safe dish. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Remove the foil for the last 5 minutes of baking to allow the top to brown.
- Stovetop: If you prefer not to use the microwave or oven, you can also reheat leftover salmon lasagne on the stovetop. Place a portion of lasagne in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cover the skillet with a lid and cook for 5-7 minutes or until heated through.
No matter which method you choose, be sure to check that the lasagne is heated to an internal temperature of 165°F before serving to ensure it’s safe to eat. Enjoy your reheated salmon lasagne!
How long does it take to prepare Salmon Lasagne?
The preparation time will depend on the amount of ingredients you are using and how much time you have. Generally, it can take around 30 minutes to prepare the ingredients, 30 minutes to assemble the lasagne and 30 minutes to bake it. In total, the preparation time can take up to 1.5 hours.
What is the best way to cook Salmon Lasagne?
Preheat your oven to 200°C (400°F), then assemble your lasagne dish by adding a layer of lasagne sheets to the bottom of the dish, followed by a layer of salmon, garlic, onions, cream cheese and parsley. Then add a layer of white sauce and top with grated cheese. Bake for 30 minutes and serve.
How can Salmon Lasagne be made gluten-free?
To make Salmon Lasagne gluten-free, you will need to use gluten-free lasagne noodles in place of the regular noodles. Additionally, you will need to make sure that all of the other ingredients used are also gluten-free.
Can Salmon Lasagne be made without white sauce?
Yes, Salmon Lasagne can be made without white sauce. To do this, you can simply omit the white sauce and add a few tablespoons of olive oil to the dish. Alternatively, you can use a lighter tomato-based sauce or a low-fat cream sauce.
Can Salmon Lasagne be cooked in a slow cooker?
Yes, Salmon Lasagne can be cooked in a slow cooker. To do this, layer the ingredients in the slow cooker as you would in an oven-baked lasagne. Then, cook the lasagne on low for 4-5 hours.
Can Salmon Lasagne be made ahead of time?
Yes, Salmon Lasagne can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. To do this, prepare the lasagne as normal, but do not bake it. Instead, cover the dish with plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator for up to two days. When ready to eat, bake the lasagne in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
Try More Recipes:
- Jamie Oliver Butternut Squash And Sweet Potato Soup
- Jamie Oliver Cauliflower Stilton Soup
- Jamie Oliver Baked Pumpkin Soup
Baked Salmon Lasagne Jamie Oliver Nutrition Fact
- Calories: 471
- Total Fat: 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 10.3 g
- Trans Fat: 0.2 g
- Cholesterol: 89 mg
- Sodium: 616 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.5 g
- Sugars: 6.1 g
- Protein: 27.2 g
- Vitamin A: 864 IU
- Vitamin C: 4.4 mg
- Calcium: 144 mg
- Iron: 2.2 mg