In many ways, these Baked Potato Casserole Dickeys are like the easiest and tastiest twice-baked potatoes you’ve ever made. Bacon, cheese, herbs, and sour cream give this dish an abundance of flavor.
This is a terrific meal to whip up in a pinch and bring to a BBQ or picnic.
Try More Recipes From us:
- Breakfast Potato Casserole Pioneer Woman
- Pioneer Woman Hash Brown Egg Casserole
- Tex Mex Chicken Casserole Pioneer Woman
Easy Dickeys Baked Potato Casserole
This Dickeys Baked Potato Casserole is completely up my alley because loaded potatoes are one of my all-time favorite dishes.
Everything about it tastes great, from the crunchy bacon to the buttery and tangy creaminess to the melted gooey cheese to the faint garlic aftertaste. The best ever! That’s the perfect synergy, for sure.
Put some shredded rotisserie chicken on top of this Dickeys Baked Potato Casserole and you’ve got yourself a main course fit for a king. Personally, I think it could be the finest dinner ever. If you want, use cooked ground beef or crumbled sausage for the chicken to make this dish more hearty.
Ingredients That You’ll Need:
- Potatoes: Because of their increased starch content, Russet potatoes are airier. When mashed, their flavor is unparalleled, thus I highly recommend using them in this dish. I cooked the potatoes because it was the simplest and quickest option. When making Dickeys Cooked Potato Casserole, I recommend using baked potatoes if you want a dryer, fluffier texture. A healthy alternative would be to replace part of the potatoes with cauliflower.
- Bacon: The bacon enhances the taste tremendously. You may make it vegetarian by omitting the bacon or substituting turkey bacon.
- Butter: The use of butter transforms the taste into something creamy and decadent.
- Sour Cream: Because of the sour cream, the Dickey’s Baked Potato Casserole actually has the consistency of a casserole. It adds moisture and taste without changing the consistency too much because it is pretty thick. Make it with cream cheese instead of sour cream for a thicker, creamier end result.
- Milk: This adds precisely the right amount of fluidity to the mixture. Since the milk will be cooked in the oven, I suggest using whole milk.
- Cheese: Recipes calling for shredded cheddar cheese benefit greatly from using sharp cheddar that has been recently shredded. It’s easy to melt, and its flavor complements the other components beautifully.
- Spices and Herbs: The secret to the incredible flavor of Dickey’s Baked Potato Casserole is a blend of dried parsley, garlic powder, fine sea salt, and powdered black pepper.
When served, fresh green onions add a pop of flavor and brightness that goes well with the deep sauce. This might also benefit from a dash of seasoned salt.
All potatoes are great, but some are more suited than others for this Dickey’s Baked Potato Casserole, and knowing the difference can help you make the appropriate selection.
For potatoes, you may choose between waxy and starchy kinds:
- Waxy potatoes are lower in starch and higher in moisture. So, I need to know: what does this mean? Great for keeping their form when sliced and cooked (as in potato salad or soup), but they crumble easily when handled. New potatoes, redskins, and fingerlings are all examples of this kind of potato.
- In comparison to waxy potatoes, starchy potatoes have more starch and less moisture, making them ideal for making light and airy potato clouds (baking, mashing) or crispy potato chips (frying) (hello, French fries). Our creamy baked potato dish will use Idaho, Yukon gold, and russet potatoes, all of which belong to this group.
How To Make Dickeys Baked Potato Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 C). Prepare a 9×13 casserole dish with cooking spray and put it aside.
- Bring a big saucepan of water to a boil, then add your potatoes. Cook potatoes till tender with a fork (about 8 minutes).
- Return the potatoes to the saucepan after draining them.
- To the saucepan, add the butter, sour cream, milk, parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined and the butter has melted.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese shreds and half of the bacon. Mix again.
- Spread the potato mixture equally in the casserole dish that has been prepared.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese and bacon over the casserole’s surface. 10-15 minutes in a preheated oven without cover (or until cheese is melted and the casserole is heated through).
- Remove your Dickeys Baked Potato Casserole with care from the oven. Serve with chopped green onions on top.
What Do You Eat With Dickeys Baked Potato Casserole?
This Dickeys Baked Potato Casserole is great alongside a meaty entree. These are some of my favorite main dishes to serve with it:
How To Make Dickeys Baked Potato Casserole Ahead?
This Dickeys Baked Potato Casserole may be prepared in advance for up to two days:
- Assemble the Dickeys Baked Potato Casserole according to the instructions, but refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cover the top and bake for 10 to 15 minutes when you are ready to bake. Remove the top and bake the dish for 25 to 30 minutes.
How To Make Dickeys Baked Potato Casserole In Crock Pot?
- Follow the directions, but prepare the Dickeys Baked Potato Casserole in a slow cooker rather than a casserole dish.
- Two hours on low heat or one hour on high heat. Once the cheese has melted, change the setting to warm.
- If you’re reheating anything from a cold condition, add 1 to 2 hours to the total cooking time.
How To Store Dickeys Baked Potato Casserole Leftovers?
Dickeys Baked Potato Casserole leftovers should be refrigerated and used within three days for optimal quality. If frozen, the foods should be consumed within three months.
How To Freeze Dickeys Baked Potato Casserole?
As a result of the butter, sour cream, and whole milk, this potato casserole is suitable for freezing. If the potatoes are rather wet after being warmed, adding extra butter or sour cream can help.
Dickeys Baked Potato Casserole Leftovers are best used within three months of being frozen.
How To Reheat Dickeys Baked Potato Casserole?
Dickey’s Baked Potato Casserole may be reheated in the microwave for 3 to 5 minutes, or in an oven-safe baking dish for 20 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Dickeys Baked Potato Casserole Nutrition Facts
Amount Per Serving
- Calories 282.8
- Total Fat 3.7g
- Saturated Fat 20.5g
- Cholesterol 12.5mg
- Sodium 744.2mg
- Potassium 1169mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.8g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1g
- Sugars 3.5g
- Protein 14.1g
- Vitamin A 8.1%
- Vitamin C 89.9%
- Calcium 14.8%
- Iron 13.2%
Try More Recipes:
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 282.8
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 3.7g6%
- Saturated Fat 20.5g103%
- Cholesterol 12.5mg5%
- Sodium 744.2mg32%
- Potassium 1169mg34%
- Total Carbohydrate 48.8g17%
- Dietary Fiber 6.1g25%
- Sugars 3.5g
- Protein 14.1g29%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.