Are you looking for a delicious, healthy, and easy-to-make soup recipe? Look no further than the Asparagus Soup from The Pioneer Woman. Ree Drummond, the host of the popular cooking show The Pioneer Woman, has created an amazing asparagus soup recipe that is sure to please even the pickiest eaters.
This soup has a creamy texture and a wonderful flavor that will make it a favorite in your home. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or just looking for a simple yet flavorful soup, the Asparagus Soup from The Pioneer Woman is sure to be a hit.
More Recipes From us:
- Pioneer Woman Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup
- It’s easy to make: The recipe is simple and straightforward, requiring only a handful of ingredients that are easy to find at any grocery store.
- It’s healthy: Asparagus is packed with nutrients and vitamins, making this soup a healthy choice for those looking to improve their diet.
- It’s flavorful: The combination of asparagus, garlic, and onion in this soup gives it a delicious, savory flavor that is sure to satisfy your taste buds.
- It’s versatile: This soup can be served hot or cold, making it a great choice for any time of year. It’s also a great base recipe that can be adapted with additional herbs or spices to suit your taste.
- It’s perfect for a variety of diets: The soup is vegetarian, gluten-free, and can be made dairy-free by substituting the heavy cream for a non-dairy alternative, making it a great choice for those with dietary restrictions.
Overall, this Asparagus Soup recipe from Pioneer Woman is a delicious and healthy option that can be enjoyed by many.
What Is Asparagus Soup Pioneer Woman Recipe?
Asparagus Soup Pioneer Woman recipe is a delicious and creamy soup made with fresh asparagus, onions, garlic, chicken broth, and heavy cream. The recipe is from the popular cooking show host, The Pioneer Woman, and is known for its simplicity and comforting flavors. The asparagus is cooked until tender and then blended with the broth and seasonings to create a smooth and flavorful base.
The heavy cream is then added to give the soup its creamy texture and rich flavor. The soup can be garnished with additional asparagus spears, grated Parmesan cheese, or croutons for added texture and flavor. Overall, Asparagus Soup Pioneer Woman is a comforting and satisfying soup that’s perfect for any occasion.
Asparagus Soup Pioneer Woman Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, tough ends removed and chopped into pieces
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh lemon juice, to taste
How To Make Asparagus Soup Pioneer Woman
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chopped asparagus to the pot and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken or vegetable broth and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until the asparagus is tender.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth. Alternatively, transfer the soup in batches to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return the blended soup to the pot and stir in the heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Squeeze in fresh lemon juice to taste.
- Serve hot or cold, garnished with additional lemon juice and chopped fresh herbs if desired.
Note: You can make this soup vegetarian by using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. Additionally, if you prefer a thinner soup, you can add more broth until you reach the desired consistency.
Here are some recipe tips for making Asparagus Soup Pioneer Woman:
- Choose fresh asparagus: The fresher the asparagus, the better the flavor of the soup will be. Look for asparagus with bright green stalks and firm tips.
- Use an immersion blender: If you have an immersion blender, it will make blending the soup much easier and less messy. It’s also safer than transferring hot soup to a blender.
- Don’t skip the heavy cream: While you can make this soup without the heavy cream, it really adds a nice richness and creaminess to the final dish. If you’re looking for a lighter option, you can substitute half-and-half or whole milk.
- Season to taste: Season the soup with salt and pepper to your liking, and don’t be afraid to add additional lemon juice for extra brightness.
- Serve with toppings: This soup is delicious on its own, but you can also top it with chopped fresh herbs like parsley, chives, or tarragon. A drizzle of olive oil or a dollop of crème fraîche can also add extra flavor and creaminess.
What To Serve With Asparagus Soup?
Asparagus soup is a versatile dish that can be paired with a variety of sides or toppings depending on your preferences. Here are a few ideas for what to serve with asparagus soup:
- Crusty bread: Serve the soup with a slice of crusty bread or a warm roll to soak up the delicious broth.
- Salad: A simple green salad with a light vinaigrette dressing can complement the soup nicely and provide some refreshing contrast.
- Grilled cheese sandwich: For a heartier meal, consider pairing the soup with a classic grilled cheese sandwich. The warm, cheesy sandwich pairs well with the creamy soup.
- Roasted vegetables: Another great side dish to serve with asparagus soup is roasted vegetables, such as carrots, Brussels sprouts, or sweet potatoes. The flavors and textures will complement the soup well.
- Charcuterie board: For a more substantial meal, consider serving the soup with a charcuterie board filled with cured meats, cheeses, crackers, and fruit. The variety of flavors and textures will pair well with the soup and provide a satisfying meal.
How To Store Asparagus Soup?
- Refrigerator: If you plan to eat the soup within a few days, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The soup should be cooled to room temperature before being stored. It will keep for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
- Freezer: To store the soup in the freezer, let it cool to room temperature and then transfer it to a freezer-safe container. Leave about an inch of space at the top of the container to allow for expansion as the soup freezes. The soup will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Mason jars: Another way to store asparagus soup is in mason jars. Simply fill the jars with the soup, leaving about an inch of space at the top, and then screw on the lids tightly. You can store the jars in the refrigerator or freezer depending on your needs.
How To Reheat Asparagus Soup?
Here are a few different ways to reheat asparagus soup:
Regardless of the method you choose, be sure to stir the soup occasionally to ensure that it heats evenly. If the soup has thickened while being stored, you can thin it out with a little bit of broth or cream. Once the soup is hot, it’s ready to serve!
Can I use frozen asparagus to make asparagus soup?
Yes, you can use frozen asparagus to make asparagus soup. Just be sure to thaw it first and drain any excess water before using it in the soup.
Can I make asparagus soup in a slow cooker?
Yes, you can make asparagus soup in a slow cooker. Simply combine all the ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
Can I use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth in asparagus soup?
Yes, you can use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth to make a vegetarian version of the soup.
How can I thicken asparagus soup if it’s too thin?
If your asparagus soup is too thin, you can thicken it by adding a slurry of cornstarch and water. Mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold water, then stir the mixture into the soup. Heat the soup over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens to the desired consistency.
How can I make asparagus soup vegan?
To make asparagus soup vegan, omit the heavy cream and use a dairy-free milk substitute like almond milk or coconut milk. You can also use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth, and omit any butter or other dairy products.
Try More Recipes: